Hey, Please give me some feedback on my brand!!

Buswill
Tourist
5 0 1

Just a couple of weeks old, have gotten some sales but overall not a lot of people adding to cart.

The website is:

sanseclat.com

Any feedback is good.

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hi @Buswill!  

Congrats on the launch of your Shopify store! That’s exciting, especially to know that you already have a few sales. You can only grow business from here, so let’s see what we can do to help.

Homepage

• I really like that you have the currency localization option at the top of your page. That’s great! 
  • Free shipping is a huge driver of sales, but it’s buried a bit on your page. I would highlight in a banner at the top of all of your pages that is also linked to your products.
  • I’m missing a logo here! A text version is nice in writing but not for your branding.
  • You need a hero image. I like that you explain what your brand name means, but it’s not selling your products. Refocus it to a simplified message with a CTA over a hero image.
  • Your carousel of colors isn’t linked to anything, making it basically useless to your visitors. Link it! Also, see how people are clicking on it with click heatmaps to see if people think it’s linked (but isn’t) or if they even make it to that point on your page. 
  • Take out the “Directly to your mailbox” blurb at the bottom of your homepage. You’re selling a product, so wouldn’t most people expect it to be delivered to our mailbox? I get that you’re saying that it’s not delivered to your doorstep that has a higher theft rate, but this blurb really is confusing. 

In general, use click heatmaps and scroll heatmaps (to see how far they scroll) to understand how people use your website. How far do they scroll? Where are they clicking? 

Footer

Nothing is clickable from the homepage when on desktop. I was able to get it to work from other pages but not your homepage. In general, make sure all mentions of your email address and URLs are linked. There are a number of them that aren’t. 

Navigation
Watch a few session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to see how people navigate through your store. I would seriously test if Ambassador needs to be on that top-level navigation. See what click heatmaps show you.

Product Page
The biggest thing here is to highlight that free shipping. Again, that’s a HUGE deal for customers. The way it’s currently displayed makes it blend into the background. You want that to stand out! Make sure they know it’s free shipping!

Since you’re seeing a larger number of people not adding to your cart, I would watch session recordings carefully to spot any conversion issues. Are they confused by the way your product is sold? Should you change the process so that you can adjust the color from the product page? Basically, watch for those pain points that are causing conversion friction. 

You’re on the right track. Visitor behavior is going to show you what your visitors experience and what’s stopping them from wanting to buy. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month. My colleague actually just featured another Swedish Shopify store if you want to see how that company used session recordings to better understand customers: https://youtu.be/i6GmmD5Kirc

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Buswill
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey @LuckyDanny and thank you for the thorough review of my website. I have now made some changed to get it a bit clearer and would love to get your opinion.

I did fix the homepage bug where you could not press anything. Thank you.

One question about the slide, do you mean that you would want the pictures to be clickable, instead of the buttons that are below (on the phone) and in the middle of the picture on the desktop?

I did make it a bit more simple on the home page text simply explaining exactly what we offer. And instead moved the name explanation to the about section, which is also implemented as an extra tab on the product pages, I think it looks better.

About the heatmap that's something I will implement directly, such a simple way to get a better look.

0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
854 21 250

Hi @Buswill !

You need to work on your homepage layout - now it looks messy and not organized. 

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa. 

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.

Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.

Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.

Launch a Reward program. You can reward your members for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  GrowaveWe have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Buswill
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey @Growave,

Thank's a lot for the review, I did as you said and implemented social login/signup which indeed should increase the customer list. 

Also re-made the home page and implemented both reviews and an Instagram feed and now I think it looks a lot better. thx for this.

Can you take another look and tell me what you think?

0 Likes
Buswill
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey @Droppersstop Thank you for your amazing help, I will look into everything you said.

When it comes to a blog page, I am not quite sure exactly what to upload or write there. I have no problem doing it since I can get help from a technical writer. But the content itself I'm not sure what would be good.'

Cheers.

0 Likes
Sajay
Shopify Partner
140 16 47

Hey @Buswill 

Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store.

Your store looks pretty great on the first look, good job. I have a few observations to add:

1. About us - You’ve given a nice explanation about your company ideals. I would say add a human factor to it by talking about the people ention your Instagram page, your following, add pics of the people, and make it personal. 
  2. Your website performance is not doing too well on mobile. Most users might be coming through mobile and a slow loading website can turn users off. Take a look at the performance: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsanseclat.com%2F
  3. Add some information about shipping. Shipping pages are some of the most read pages on a website. How much time, shipping charges, etc. all of these details should be provided to the users
  4. To ensure shoppers don’t drop off at any point in their journey, you need to add visual cues to help shoppers browse through your catalog, find a product, and eventually, place an order.
  5. I’ve written a blog about different visual cues like striking headers, the right colors, buttons etc. It basically outlines all the different types of visual cues you can use. I’ve linked in here, see if it helps you out!

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
730 73 131

Hi @Buswill,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great work on your store!

You've made some bold and interesting choices with your site, congratulations.

We’ve put together a whole section here on our blog that deals with optimizing your conversion rate. There’s one blog in particular here that deals with ways to increase your conversions that I would recommend.

You've gone for a clean, minimalist style to your site which works and is incredibly classy. However, you could really make a statement by using a customized logo. Similarly, you will want to make sure your photos are really top quality because with a minimalist layout the focus is specifically on the imagery. Visitors will be paying particular attention to photos when they're the only elements on the homepage, so you must ensure you've got professional-level photos on there.

20-07-a9va0-8szf8

I absolutely love your mission statement: 

20-07-2ipqx-mmi5s

However, you will want to carry that mission out to the people through your content. You'll want to create original and innovative content to capture your customer. Two ways to do this are:

- Create blogs this is super important and here's why.

- Add a video to your store - people respond to moving images and this is why it's important.

It will always be up to you as the store owner to brand, market, and research for your business; though hopefully, the resources above will provide you with some leads to pursue. If you would prefer to get some professional help with your marketing for your store you can consider hiring a Shopify Expert Marketer. Experts are professional service providers that have a track record of working with Shopify stores.

I hope this helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Good job, don't worry, with time the sales can go up.

One thing I think about is that you can add some page transitions to make your store look good,

There are apps like https://apps.shopify.com/preloader, I guess you can try it for 2 weeks for free

Maciej Tokarczyk
Shopify Expert
0 Likes
Buswill
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you so much @Hyde 

I did some more changes now and I am happy with the result of this forum post.

I am now working on a video and creating content for the blog. which I think is the hardest part!

Cheers,

William.

0 Likes