Check out www.theonlinegym.co :)
I'm quite new to shopify but have operated in squarespace. I've only used a free shopify theme (minimal) so am currently making do. Any feedback on products, display, and delivery would be extremely appreciated. I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say! Be brutal if necessary....
Hey The Online Gym,
"The first impression is probably the last one" and you have very well retained this positive impression by your store's overall look and presentation, which reflects professionalism in each of its aspects. But still, certain minor mistakes need to be corrected. Following are my suggestions for the same:
Hope the luck favors you with a lot of sales and conversions.
I just had a look at your store. Awesome work! I have noticed a few things that you might consider taking to make your store better.
Homepage Design: Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. Homepage content should be strategically decided. You can add more sections such as ‘New arrivals’, ‘blogs’, ‘Top selling products or best selling products’, ‘offers & discount banners’ on the homepage to engage users.
Sticky Header: To give a better navigation experience to the user you can create sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and are visible even when you scroll down.
Social Login: Implement social login. It is a single sign-on for end users. By using this user can sign in on website instead of creating a new account. This simplifies registrations and logins for end users.
Product page: You can insert product images into a carousel. Also, provide a detailed product description.
Use Videos To Engage Your Audience: its worth to add brand video, or short clip on the features of the product to engage the visitor.
Show Off Trust Signals and Customer Testimonials to boost conversion: Customer testimonials and trust Signals build customers trust and help customers to feel more secure in their buying decision.
Mobile Score: Your google page speed score is 58. It should be 65-70. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.
A/B testing: Always try A/B testing to see which version of the webpage is performing better for you and where you can improve conversion. A/B testing should be done with few product pages without display 'you may also like' or 'any product collection' which might result in clicks and user taken to another product
Scroll Back to Top Button: You can create a scroll top button to take a user at the top of the website to improve your website’s overall user experience.
I hope you like it!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Hey @theonlinegymco! Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. You've done some incredible work with your store! I really enjoyed the experience. I can see that you've received some really solid feedback so far from the Community. There are a couple of areas I'd just like to highlight from my own perspective:
The fitness niche is certainly a competitive one, have you thought about how you are planning to market the business? Have you designed a solid marketing plan?
Welcome to the shopify community!
When you're just starting out, I think one of the best things you can do is get inspiration from a company that's had massive success launching an online business. Check out this blog post about how Harry's marketing and landing pages work together to create conversions:
Hope you find it helpful : )
Hey @theonlinegymco, your store looks good. There are some improvements to be done. You can check this below:-
- After the slider images display collections, you have got in your store. Then give some product recommendations by personalizing the shopping experience. It can be like 'NEW ARRIVALS', 'BEST SELLERS', 'RECENTLY VIEWED'.
- Display testimonials on the homepage.
- Add web push notification. It will help you to send any kind of updates to your customers even when they are not on your store. It helps in bringing back the losing customers to your store.
- Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
- Start a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.
If you would like to implement these tools in Shopify your store you can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app. You can check it out.
Hey, tha @AiTrillion , thanks for your feedback. I am planning on implementing a new arrivals in a new theme i am building through "boundless" I'll look to insert testimonials at some point too. i like the idea of the other points too!
One thing I am struggling with, is the boundless theme. On the home page i have been trying to learn with coding how to move the logo like so (please see attached image). Also, I cannot figure out how to create another banner image on the homepage. Furthermore, I need to re-design the product page. The product images are FAR too large for desktop. Any thoughts for any of these issues?