Hey all, I would like to get some feedback back on my store ArkansasTrek.

1 0 0
I’ve had about 400 website visits but have not sold anything besides friends. I wanted to see if there is something that I am not seeing that’s wrong.

www.Arkansastrek.com
0 Likes

Hi @ArkansasTrek 

Few areas you need to work on ASAP 

• Home Page (flow)
  • Product Page (layout) 
  • Site Navigation 
  • Policy Pages 
  • About Page 
  • Contact Page 
  • Blog 
  • Product Descriptions 

I'll also message you with a full detailed review going of these things. 

I really like your slideshow image looks awesome. Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
293 15 54

Hi @ArkansasTrek 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

One thing to consider is adding reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

You might consider adding a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

An important thing I couldn't find is a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

After looking I couldn't find a FAQ section. Adding an FAQ section to your store can help your customer more easily be able to find a solution to their problems without asking you. This will help long into the future so you don't need to spend so much time on customer support

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

If you found this review useful I created an email course here https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course where you can learn more ways to convert your customers

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
293 15 54

Hi @ArkansasTrek 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

One thing to consider is adding reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

You might consider adding a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

An important thing I couldn't find is a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

After looking I couldn't find a FAQ section. Adding an FAQ section to your store can help your customer more easily be able to find a solution to their problems without asking you. This will help long into the future so you don't need to spend so much time on customer support

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

If you found this review useful I created an email course here https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course where you can learn more ways to convert your customers

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
645 59 127

Hey there, @ArkansasTrek 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Congratulations on launching your store. It is clear that a lot of work has gone into making this site ready for the general public to see. There are definitely some things that we can tweak to help convert those visits to checkouts. 

I noticed that you have an About Us page, it is, however, very short and does not really tell your customer anything about your business. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
-  Incorporate persuasive content (e.g. an explainer video, data visualizations, links to blog posts) that might otherwise clutter your homepage.

In short, your online store displays your products brilliantly, your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you.

Your store does not have the widest range of products giving the customer little choice. While I believe that it is important to be quiet niche, as you are, customers still want choice. Think about walking into a brick and mortar outdoors store, if they had 7 products how likely would it be that you would find what you were looking for or see something that you would impulsively buy? Not very likely! I would work on expanding on what you already have, add more tents, more outdoor grills etc. 

I would definitely recommend adding your policies to the footer of your page. Customers often look for the following before proceeding to checkout:

• Refund policy
  • Privacy policy
  • Terms-of-service
  • Shipping policy

You can read up on creating these policies right here. 

You do not have a contact page currently. With products of this nature, customers may have questions about the specifications of the products. I would recommend taking a look at this guide on creating a contact page. Trust is the most important currency an online store deals in. If a customer does not trust an online store they will not place an order, having a contact page can really help raise that trust factor. If you are willing to be contacted it is easier to trust you. 

Consider adding featured products and collections to your homepage. That way, when a customer lands on your website they are coming into contact with your products immediately, lessening the number of clicks it takes to get the customer from landing to checkout as well as showcasing your products immediately, kind of like a storefront window.

It is great to see that your store has a cause - donating to EarthJustice. It did, however, take me some time to find out what charity it was that 10% of my purchase would be going to. When promoting that you are giving to charity always name the specific charity with a link to said charity. Everywhere you mention this i.e. the homepage and About Us page, should mention EarthJustice specifically. A lot of people will not click into the blog to find this out and will not connect with the cause and assume that this charity donation is just some buzzwords thrown together. Furthermore, the links in the blog do not lead to a charity website which would lead to further skepticism. 

Once again, very well done on getting your store up and running, make a few of these tweaks and you should see an improvement in your conversion rate. I would highly recommend checking out our video on finding your target market and defining it here. This should help you better your targeted ads so that the customers you are getting to your store will be more likely to buy something. We also have this step by step guide to successfully run ads on Facebook. 

Let me know how all this goes and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to get back to me here. Some questions I would like to leave you with would be:

• Do you have a business plan? 
  • What has been your marketing tactic so far?
  • Where are you more likely to find a customer - Instagram or Facebook? 
  • Are you going to dropship for the longterm or are you planning on buying inventory at some point? 

These are just some things to consider while you define your business goals and plan for growth. Think on them yourself, do your research and think ahead! 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes