I recently launched an online store for my local community where I sell speciality food products - all fish based:
What do you guys think? Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Thank you :)
Hi @emerel96 ,
I've taken a look at your store & I must say that the products look yummy and the site looks very clean. I'd love to give you some advice that you might consider taking to improve your store aesthetic & conversion rate 😉
The very first thing that I noticed is the page speed. I've checked it on Google PageSpeed Insight to see if it's my internet problem or the site function. It turns out the score is pretty low on both mobile & desktop. I encourage you to check out the issues that are defined in Google Pagespeed Insight for detail information. Also, you should reach the theme provider for an assistant with this kind of obstacle.
The URL here is broken, I think it should be fixed as soon as possible.
The layout on the product page is clever, I do like it. However, I can't find anywhere to write some nice words for the product. You should consider adding a review section under the product details so your customers can leave you feedbacks & their experience when using your products. Which will definitely increase your product quality in the eyes of visitors.
Since there are many Q&A here, you should give a thought to use an accordion instead of text blocks for easier scanning through the page 😉
I see that you're doing great with high-quality product images, why not add an image above the collection description to better express the meaning of each collection?
Anyway, the site looks great. I bet that you've put a lot of effort into it. Please continue refining your pages & come back here to get more insightful recommendations from the community.
I hope that my advice is useful to you. Wish you get more sales in the future :D
Hi emerel96! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)
Your store looks fantastic and you already have a defined niche, which is perfect.
Consider optimizing your sliding images further - add a CTA [call to action] button to each image, such as "Shop Now" linking to a relevant collection or product:
This way you will prompt visitors to click and browse your collections, which will improve your conversion rate [sales] and SEO [dwell time/time spent on your website].
“Newest Products” section shows items marked as ‘back soon’, giving the impression they’re not in stock.
It might confuse shoppers - as to why you promote these as new products, if they are not in stock. Make sure to show only items that have just arrived at your store in this section to build your trust and credibility.
“Catering” promo links to an error page when I clicked on ‘Drop us a line’ link:
Make sure to update these little glitches, as they can also affect your conversion rate.
Here are a few guides that might help:
Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique
Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard
"Central banner view" makes the food imprinted on it look really "delicious and mouth-watering", thus, adding to the appetite of the visitor and increasing your chances of grabbing a sale. In addition, you need to make the following changes to your store to make it look both "visually appealing and eye-catching" to the visitors around.
Hope the store performs well after launching.
The idea itself is great and the site is decent. I love how simple your site is.
I would recommend adding a couple of things though:
-Improve your product description. I as a customer would love to see the ingredients of the product.
-Add an About Us page and tell the story behind your business. Share some photos of your team as well.
-If you have some time, start a little recipe section on your site that will include your products.
-Make the accounts on Shopify optional and implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
-90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is a social proof. In my opinion that is an essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc.
There is a free plan available also, we are offering an extended trial on the COVID-19 period.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3
Hey @emerel96, your store looks great. Here are the suggestions you can take into consideration:-
- Add quick links in the footer which includes policies, social media links, contact information, about us.
- Add a call to action button on the slider images of the homepage.
- Add a smart pop up. Customize it in a way so to make it relevant to the product you are selling. Make your store interactive.
- Add a chatbot to make sure never lose any of your customers.
- Add a referral program. A referral program can help optimize your sales cycle, help you produce quality leads, and take your marketing efforts up a notch. People are more like to make a purchase when a product is referred by any friend. You can boost your marketing ROI and drive conversions with referral marketing. Also, it builds up your social proof and social currency, develops an engaging way to communicate with customers in multiple channels and hit right on your target market.
- Add a Loyalty reward program to your store. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
If you would like to implement these marketing tools on your store you can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app. I am sure you will find it useful
Firstly, I just wanted to thank you for such an in-depth review and such great suggestions. I honestly didn't expect someone to take such an amount of time to go through my site, so I really appreciate that! This community is amazing :)
1) I've sent a request to the theme support regarding the website speed issue - it's something I've also noticed TBH.
2) Thanks for the tip on the broken URL - completely skipped my mind! Fixed :)
3) Yes, I agree that I need to find a review app - will get onto it ASAP.
4) I didn't even know that this "Accordon" add-on exists, so another thank you for making me aware of that!
5) Yep, it's another great suggestion to add an image to my individual collections page.
Can't thnak you enough for this really helpful feedback - really, really appreciated!
Keep well mate :)
Hello @Rockpapercopy , and thank you also for your kind words and feedback!
1) I've added the CTA button as per your suggestion - hope to see a major sales increase! :)
2) Regarding the "Back Soon" on newest products - that's a bit of a tough one, as the issue is that my products are produced fresh weekly, so very often they sell out for that week, and I haven't had much luck finding an app that live-pushes these out of stock products to the bottom of my product list. Do you have any suggestions for me please?
3) Fixed he catering broken link, thank you :)
Thanks for all the helpful links as well!
Stay safe :)
Thank you too for your kind words and helpful suggestions :)
All your ideas are great too and I've taken them into consideration as well.
Appreciate you taking your time once again!