So I just launched my store Friday, I could have done earlier but I think I spent too long double guessing. I ran a promotion for the launch weekend and got 4 sales. I seem to be getting a lot of site views from the ads I have placed on facebook and instagram but no sales or abandoned checkouts. I have about 20 sessions added to cart but no further. I know it is still early days but I really appreciate any advise.
Thanks a million
Hey there @Littlebump Congratulations for your store! After going through, here is my small feedback -
1. You did a nice experiment out there by shifting header menu to the left side. Let's see how customers react to it ! But because of your logo, too much of space is eaten up in the homepage!
2. You should keep the header menu (which on the left side) strictly for your products and homepage. While you can shift FAQs | About Us and Contact Us page down to the footer menu. And because your products are crafted for cute little babies, why don't you have a blog section and start talking about your product? .-.
3. You've added social media buttons .. that's amazing! It add more authenticity to it.
Rest, everything looks fine. Because it's your initial store set up phase, Keep experimenting with the design and back-end stuff to come up with best of the best combination! & Don't forget to add analytical tools in your store to be able to track users from day 1 !!
I'm from CedCommerce - a group of coders and tech enthusiasts trying to help eCommerce guys with their store set up. You can reach out to me anytime for any kind of customisation ; add-ons or drafting sales/marketing/social media strategy! We have helped quite a few entrepreneurs in their journey, and if you need a helping hand, we would be glad to offer one!
Ps. I'm just a message away!
Wish you luck for your Shopify journey! Cheers! .-.
Congratulations for your store!!
I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:
Congratulations on your store. I've some suggestions for improvement.
1. Add the 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add detailed product description in product pages.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. It would be nice if product images could be zoomed in / enlarged
5. You can add testimonials on the Home page to make the store look more professional.
6. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic
7. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
8. Add the section for email Newsletter in the footer(instead of adding in the Home page only) to give updates pertaining to your business, products, and services.
9. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
10. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
11. Create a Facebook account for your store. Having a Facebook Store is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
Hello @Littlebump ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Hey Jenny from Littlebump,
Hope you're doing well.
Congratulations on the lauch of your store. Your store is adorable and the products too. Your design is very clean and easy to navigate which I love. I do have a few suggestions, I hope they will be of help to you.
1. You must have a live chat, there is no way around it. If any viewer has any questions, they should be answered when they are on the website. This would descrese the drop rate of the website and if people's problems are solved the conversion rate increases.
2. Reviews - Essential for a new and upcoming brand such as yours. Most of the viewers on your website will purchase and trust your product based on the reviews. You must add those to the website.
3. Your product description can be a little longer. Anyone who buys the product would want to know as much as they can about the same, the longer description helps with that. And also improves SEO and organic search.
4. Social media - "Linked In and Twitter" both are the gems of e-commerce store advertising. Hence, should be added to the site footer.
5. Add a section under your product single page showing your most viewed or most bought products, this will increase the value of the cart of your orders.
6. Lastly, as per my opinion you will have to create some urgency and social proof (social proof - once you start getting sales) in your store.
Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products or who has added your product to their carts and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product and increases the conversions as well.
And as for urgency -
For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute.
If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.
One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously.
Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited.
I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.
Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you.
I have been through your website it looks pretty clean and well maintained which is great! I would like to share a couple to tips which will help you out
1. In the homepage banner the logo you can decrease the size of logo placement, the current logo size is too large and is not visually appealing.
3. The addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
4. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
5. Bigger images in your catalog view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products
6. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
7. You need to create urgency and social proof on your store for that u need to add top announcements on your store like ‘free shipping’ which creates urgency and will boost sales. Adding visually attractive stickers like the number to products left, upcoming sales, In trend will grab the attention and excite the customer.
I hope this helps!
Hi @Littlebump (Jenny)
Trust you are doing good. Please check your email i have emailed you my feedback.
Let me know if you have any questions if you have not understood any point in email
Hi @Littlebump !
As you have just started, there are some basic things that need to be implemented to your store.
1. Most of the time high cart abandonment rate means that the checkout process is difficult or that the site was not promoted correctly, to begin with.
To eliminate the first possible issue, I recommend using as many payment methods as possible. You can even add Buy Now Pay Later services, they were proven to help decrease bounce rate. Besides, if you are spending your time and money on the traffic I recommend at least building a customer base. That can convert into sales if remarketed correctly. For easily creating a customer base I recommend: social login, instagram and refferal.
- Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
- Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
-Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter has purchased something from your store. With referral programs, it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
2. Your header seems empty, and you need to think about the logo - as for me, it is not well seen. The logo should be eye-catchy and well recognizable as it is crucial for branding.
3. Hero banner - the image should give visitors a sense of what your business is about. It helps you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. Think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
4. Subscribe to newsletter move to the footer space
5. Add more products, work on SEO- add more keywords. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
6. I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
7. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.
Add functionality on your site. You can use apps for that. If you want to add Reviews, wishlist, Discounts, and more just in one click check out Growave.