Hi! I launched my new shop after month's of hard work. I sell art prints and tabletop items

Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi! I would love any feedback on my online shop. I have spent the past couple of months building the site and I am really happy with how things are looking right now, but I am eager for feedback. Any thoughts are greatly apprecitated! Thanks-Matthew Lew

www.MatthewLew.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
20 0 4

Hey Matthew,

My name's Zack! 

First of all, WOW! You're website looks fantastic, like it was designed by a professional. I've tested it both on an iPhone 4S and an iPad, as well as my laptop. The design comes out wonderfully on all of the devices, and things like your Instagram Feed show up well on handheld devices, as well.

Things look really good on your website, and you're taking advantage of Shopify's built-in features very well! You're also using a number of very effective apps, so to be completely honest, there is not much i would do to change or add-on to your website. You've done a wonderful job! 

If you need a hand with anything, or have any questions you'd like some help with, we can be reached 24/7 on both the Phone and by Live Chat. Visit our Support Page to get started :D 

All the Best,
-Zack L

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
82 0 7

Hey Matthew,

Wow! Absolutely stunning site - I can't even see anything to criticize by browsing around for a few minutes. Have you done much marketing for you site? Drive some visitors over and you'll definitely see sales soon! Check out the Shopify Blog for some marketing tips and tricks if you're looking for ways to improve :)

-Andrew

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi Zack and Andrew! 

Thank you for taking the time to check out my site. I have been working really hard on getting it to where it's at, so your feedback is much apprecaited. I do need some help with marketing tips and tricks so I will be checking out the Shopify Blog. I have been thinking about adding in video elements. Any thoughts on video techniques that are working well for online shops?

Thanks,
Matthew

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
82 0 7

Hey Matthew,

Typically users are more image friendly - so any image or infographics you have typically go a long way compared to videos (try Canva for infographics).  If you're going to add videos, make sure they're either very compelling or instructional, as I've seen quite a few that take away from the appeal of the site instead of adding to it!

-Andrew

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
20 0 4

Hey Matthew! 

Just to add to what Andrew was saying, if you do want to embed a video to your store, common video-streaming sources like YouTube or Vimeo are well-suited to the task of providing you with an embed code, and a place to upload your videos! 

Vimeo's paid plans allow you to upload videos in HD, so if you'll have more than one video in the future and they're important to your website, you may want to consider using Vimeo :)

All the Best,
-Zack L

0 Likes