Hi Rate of Abandoned Carts & Abandon Checkouts

2 0 0

Hello,

I've been operating my store for over a year now. I've had staggered success but most recently I have very high rates of abandonment. I have done quite a bit of research. I have added a series of abandon checkout emails, offered a discount code on the website, created a FAQ/Help section, created a refund section, offer free shipping and use trust seals and reviews. There may be more. They seem to be adding to cart and then dropping off while some are adding to cart, clicking checkout and entering email/info then dropping off. But mostly abandoning before they enter info. I see to be at am impass here. I have found blogs that talk about fear reduction, failure to build trust or reinforce benefits. Can you take a look at my site and tell me what I am missing and how I can go about solving it? What do you reccomend. This is having a major effect on my business. I am at an impass. I work very hard to make this grow and I need your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 9

Hi Matthew, 

The store overall looks good. Here are a few things you might want to consider -

-As soon as the store loaded, I got email subscription pop-up and prompted to subscribe to browser notifications. You need to time them better. Give some time for the users to browse your store. 

- I saw that in order for a user to add to cart, you are asking for their email address. Users are usually reluctant to give out their personal information. While the item does get added to cart, users might know realize this and might leave your store. I suggest that you remove this or make it clear that the item has been added to cart. 

-Just curious, are you personalizing your web push cart abandonment campaigns? You need to add the product that the user adds to cart so that the user remembers what the abandoned product. 

Also, you need to retarget users in real-time, as the intent to purchase is high. Send a notification to users within a few hours of them abandoning the cart. This is how Bajaao, a Shopify Plus customer retargeted abandoned carts and increased their revenue by 14%. You can have a look at what they did here

Hope this helps. 

pravya@datability.co
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Pravya,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I agree about the pop-up timing.  I actually removed it before this post but I guess it didn’t stick but yes they should have time to shop. As for the email to add to cart that’s a feature of an app I just started using to capture the email of the person shopping and to basically qualify them because if they are serious they would add their email to Add to cart. I definitely think it has its cons as well as the pros but I have also removed it. My issue is I have all these anonymous shoppers but no emails no ways to contact them so they’re anonymous and they are abandoning and I’ve got no follow up. I definitely think it has its cons as well as its pros but I have also removed it. My issue is I have all these anonymous shoppers but no emails no ways to contact them so their anonymous and there are abandoning their cart and they’re gone. If they don’t leave their email how else can I follow up with them? I do have personalized abandoned cart emails which go out in succession starting from one day to three days later.  They do offer the product that was added to remind them to purchase. I looked at your link and read the article and also looked at your different features and prices. The business that you’re featured stated that it was very well known and a leader in the industry. I am the opposite although I have been in the industry for 10 years my business is much younger only about five years and the fashion  e-commerce is only about three years. I feel my opportunities lie in reducing fear creating trust and removing any questions at the checkout point something is stopping them from checking out and I truly think it is because I am not a well-known brand that people are familiar with.  I have quite a bit of activity I have live shoppers I have carts being added checkouts being abandoned so there is activity but the conversion is not there and I’ve done everything I can as you can see of course as you’ve mentioned tweak some things but still I am not performing the way I should be. I see your app offers abandon cart real time notifications I’d like to learn more about them maybe possibly this will help but the main issue again is the film the film the film Milyer Arit I see your app offers abandoned cart real time notifications I’d like to learn more about them maybe possibly this will help but the main issue again is the Familiarity of my brand and the trust e-commerce websites must produce to convert.

0 Likes