Hi There some feedback on my site would be greatly welcomed.

callycosmetics
Excursionist
16 1 2

Hi there 

Please could the community take some time to review my site as would like to see what we can do to better it.

www.callycosmetics.co.uk

cheers

Lance 

developer_2020
Shopify Partner
27 0 4

Hi Lance, i think overall your site is great.

I particularly like the video on the home page. One thing i noticed that would be worth addressing is the use of images in the product description. I would change the tick list to just plain text as this will help with SEO. I know it may not be as visually appealing but it will help bots understand your product more if it is text.

I also think your store would be ideal for Upurr - have you listed it there yet? Its a UK based store directory where you can list your store for free and connect your Shopify store using the Upurr Store Shopify App. This will also help improve your SEO and also drives targeted shoppers to your store (so shoppers that are interested in beauty). Can list your store at https://upurr.co.uk/store

Good job on the site and I wish you all the best with your venture.

callycosmetics
Excursionist
16 1 2

Hi There 

Thanks so much for this evaluation and your kind advice!!! 

This is ironic as i was playing with the idea of changing the picture in the description.

Is there any way of getting some better fonts or like icons that illustrate like the picture with the ticks as bullet points?

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
783 98 252

Hey Lance (@callycosmetics),

Congratulations on launching your store! I've taken a look through and I have some feedback for you.

screencapture-callycosmetics-co-uk-2021-04-28-09_36_58.png

First off, overall, great job, it looks very professional. I have just a few recommendations.

First, your banner. this area is prime real estate for selling. One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs.

Your current text "Gel Now Pay Later" addresses a financial concern but there are likely other more prominent issues that your polish solves.

We recommend having a professional photo of your products (check), a title introducing your brand or product,  a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

On your shop page, I would suggest moving these into collections. Ie. Neutrals, Glitter, Bold, etc. Your current filters don't give these types of options so I would adjust that but I would also recommend having it set up with a picture for the glitter collection, for the neutral and etc. so the visitor can see those categories and go where they want to (instead of sifting through pages of products).

gel-polish.png

The last thing I'll touch on is your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. Your products are named things like "Snow White" or "Touch of Rose" the issue here is that a person typing in Google searching for gel polish is not going to know to type "Touch of Rose" into the search bar. Instead they would type something like "Light pink gel polish" or "Rose gel polish", We did a video on how to do your SEO here:

Another thing you can do is expand your sales channels and promote your products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

callycosmetics
Excursionist
16 1 2
Thankyou for this advice its highlighted some food for thought thats for sure and i will surely look into this going forward.
0 Likes
developer_2020
Shopify Partner
27 0 4

You could achieve that with some basic html and inline css styles. You could then use html codes for the icons (✓).

If you'd like me to do it for you feel free to let me know and i'll send over my email address to you.

0 Likes

Hi there!

Here's some feedback for your store. 

Homepage

• Tell shoppers about Cally Cosmetics. Add unique unique value proposition above the fold. 

“A value proposition is a promise of value to be delivered. It’s the primary reason a prospect should buy from you. It’s also the #1 thing that determines whether people will bother reading more about your product or hit the back button. On your site, your value proposition is the main thing you need to test—if you get it right, it will be a huge boost.”

Resources for value prop design

Value proposition worksheet
Value Proposition Design book

• Add a main call-to-action above the fold. (What's the first step you want the customer to take? Encourage them to make it by adding a button and linking to the page in which they can accomplish the first step.)

• Update the text shown in the screenshot below so that it isn't hard to read.

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 2.11.54 PM.png

Product pages

• Add copy to each product page in the form of storytelling (in addition to the product description). This is good practice for both SEO and conversions.

For example: on this product page on David's Teas for raspberry mojitos, the storytelling on the page is: "Is there any way to improve on fresh mint and tangy lime? Just add raspberries! Our juicy Raspberry Mojito iced tea is about to become your new go-to drink. It’s a bright pink tisane that’s fruity, minty and utterly refreshing. Served over ice with a splash of rum, this caffeine-free infusion tastes like a summer afternoon on a sunny Havana patio. In short, pure heaven."

Joanna Wiebe and Alaura Weaver share 11 storytelling elements:

A relatable protagonist/hero (your target customer)
A world (the emotional motivators)
A call to adventure (goal or problem to solve)
The stakes/refusal of the call (nightmare scenario)
A helper (your brand)
A magical item (your offer)
Crossing the first threshold (CTA)
The belly of the whale (onboarding/lead nurturing)
Road of trials (split-testing)
The happily ever after (future pacing)
The return (testimonials & brand advocacy)

• Gather and share more social proof in the form of product video reviews written reviews, and photos from customers.

More than 50% of shoppers say online video has helped them decide which brand or product to buy (Google).
67% of shoppers turn to video at least once before making a purchase (Moz).

• Consider offering free shipping on all products and just work shipping into product pricing. 

In a survey by Walker Sands Communications, 90% of people said that having an order ship for free is the biggest incentive to add more to their cart, while another survey found up to 74% of shoppers will abandon their cart if delivery fees are too high. More on that here.

• Ensure that you don't display any products that are sold out unless customers can share their e-mail address to be notified when the item will be back in stock.

• Ensure all photographs of products are in high-resolution. Also ensure that products are shown in context. For example, provide photographs of customers with their nails done.

According to Justuno, 93% of consumers consider visual content to be the key deciding factor in a purchasing decision. 

“About Us” page: 

Social media

• If you haven't: create a unique hashtag and encourage customers to use it and tag your store on Instagram, etc.

SEO

• Ensure that your website meets the standards on Google Search Central.
  • For on-page SEO, add original, creative content to your home page and product pages.
  • For off-page SEO, get backlinks via partnerships, guest blogging, communities, social media.

Moz details Google SEO tips for 2021: 

• Favicon optimization
  • Breadcrumb optimization
  • Meta descriptions
  • Numbers in titles
  • <title> boilerplate
  • FAQ and how-to schema
  • Relaunch top content
  • Increase internal linking
  • Update old content with new links
  • Remove unnecessary links
  • Mobile link parity audit
  • Invest in long-form content
  • Use more headers
  • Leverage topic clusters
  • Bring content out of tabs
  • Core Web Vitals
  • Limit sitemaps to 10,000
  • Leverage dynamic sitemaps
  • Passive link acquisition
  • Page-level link intersect
  • Be the last click

Also, I shared 21 e-commerce trends for 2021 in the Shopify community in case you also want to check that out.

CMO @ Reeview.app. Reeview automatically finds, collects and displays authentic, user-generated product video reviews for Shopify stores. Using A.I. to manage user-generated videos at scale and beautiful video widgets placed directly where purchase decisions are made, Reeview increases conversions, shopper engagement and customer lifetime value.
0 Likes