Hi guys, just got my store launched, please check it for and feedback on it

1 0 0

Hey all,

Could you please take a look at my new store www.cherry-nation.com, any feedback for improvment would be greatly appricated,

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 2

The first thing I would do is write longer product descriptions. As this product: https://cherry-nation.com/collections/vase-planters/products/chinese-style-tabletop-vases-modern-min... is an example, we're looking at product attributes and product title existing. With a total product count that's a bit lower, I would start with long-flowing and optimized product descriptions. Next, work on getting some reviews in, it's a significant trust factor.  Next, look at optimization of on-site SEO elements (title tags, H1's and keyword focus at the URL level), and gaining more back links. 

The site looks great. It looks unique and is very easy to navigate. I think you've done a fantastic job there. 

To recap: 

1. Write unique product descriptions - this will be the reason your products rank. Here's a good resource to get you started: https://bootstrappingecommerce.com/persuasive-product-descriptions
  2. Start getting links. Look at traditional Mom & Pop stores, look at entry into business directories, partners, affiliate programs can all help expedite link profile evolution. Having deadstock is also helpful being able to issue out for reviews. I'd look at setting a goal of 250-500 by year's end. Most people will say, "focus on quality though" which is true, but links are guaranteed.. we've seen many sites frozen in early stage organic because of this mentality. You're best bet is to set a goal, feel the pressure when you get a month down the road and total link count hasn't been increasing. It helps reassign priority as you tend to fall behind on this. Do not take shortcuts. Do not buy links. 
  3. Focus on on-site SEO at the page level - There are duplicates across: 44 title tags, descriptions and H1's - this is because your products are being served in two different ways
    • This SHOULD be a non-factor as you have canonicalized with the official product page, however, Google doesn't always do as told here. Keep an eye on crawl stats from Google Search Console in your early days here, make sure Googlebot is moving through the site as you would like it to and honoring your inclusion/exclusion rules. 
    • Titles and H1's otherwise look pretty decent! Just need that page copy extended with good and unique product descriptions
We are from Rev7.co. Stop by and say hello!
1 Like

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Add links to your footer for return/refund, contact us, and FAQ. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

2. I would delay the email popup to one minute to give me a bit more time to look around the homepage

3. I would look to clean up the homepage and add some more content to help tell you story and create a brand. Right now it just shows product, which does not say much

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
474 46 237

Hi cherry-nation,

General
  • The footer section needs to be redesigned.
  • Consider adding policy pages, contact us, and about us page to the footer section.
  • I didn't find any contact us page. A contact us page is too important because it seems you are open to being contacted. It helps visitors contact you easily.
Homepage
  • When visitors land on the homepage it opens popup but doesn't offer anything so why I give my email address. Try to be more attractive. Offer a discount code.
  • You should add an interesting title and call-to-action button to your hero image.
  • I don't recommend using only facebook messenger as a live chat. You can add a live chat app to your store. If you want to use facebook messenger put this button on the footer but put the live chat app bottom right corner of your screen. Because if your visitors didn't log in the facebook, it's hard to ask a question.
Product
  • I suggest removing the trust seals on each product page. They don't help your brand. I recommend putting these seals in the footer.
  • Your add to cart button appears below the fold. When the visitors come to the product page, your Add to Cart button should be visible without scrolling.

If you need more detailed feedback, you can use our free analyzer tool. To use tool please click here and "like" below.

FnLabs?

We are specialized in app development and theme customization for Shopify Stores. Our focus is on providing customizable and user-friendly apps to help store owners grow their business.
0 Likes
Excursionist
23 0 6

We have the same kind of problems with our store, so I am looking at various other sites and suggestions for improvements:
I sorta get #1 below, but #2 is confusing and I do not understand what you are suggesting here.

#3 is totally a mystery!  How does this work?  How do you actually do this?  I do not see anything in my product titles with H1 tags (or any other tags)?  Where are they? how do I put them in and where is it done?

Very confusing!

To recap: 

1. Write unique product descriptions - this will be the reason your products rank. Here's a good resource to get you started: https://bootstrappingecommerce.com/persuasive-product-descriptions
  2. Start getting links. Look at traditional Mom & Pop stores, look at entry into business directories, partners, affiliate programs can all help expedite link profile evolution. Having deadstock is also helpful being able to issue out for reviews. I'd look at setting a goal of 250-500 by year's end. Most people will say, "focus on quality though" which is true, but links are guaranteed.. we've seen many sites frozen in early stage organic because of this mentality. You're best bet is to set a goal, feel the pressure when you get a month down the road and total link count hasn't been increasing. It helps reassign priority as you tend to fall behind on this. Do not take shortcuts. Do not buy links. 
  3. Focus on on-site SEO at the page level - There are duplicates across: 44 title tags, descriptions and H1's - this is because your products are being served in two different ways
    • This SHOULD be a non-factor as you have canonicalized with the official product page, however, Google doesn't always do as told here. Keep an eye on crawl stats from Google Search Console in your early days here, make sure Googlebot is moving through the site as you would like it to and honoring your inclusion/exclusion rules. 
    • Titles and H1's otherwise look pretty decent! Just need that page copy extended with good and unique product descriptions

0 Likes