Hi there, looking for Feedback on my new store Avenue Rugs

Solved
AvenueRugsUK
1 0 0

Hi, I am looking for Feedback/Constructive Criticism on my Store Page for Avenue Rugs . www.avenuerugs.co.uk 

Any pointers would be gratefully received 

Many Thanks Phil

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @AvenueRugsUK, congrats on your store! I'm Richard, CRO expert at PageFly #1 Shopify Page Builder. After a careful review of your store, I have some comments regarding your Home page as follows: 

1. Hero banner: Hero banner is the first thing that captures your customers' attention when they first land on your store. For now, your hero banner of rugs is too long that it cannot fully display upon landing. Also, it doesn't have any texts saying what your store is selling, so I don't know if you are selling rugs, or sofa, or anything else in the photo. My suggestion is: 

• Shorten your hero image so it fits the screen 
  • Add text on the image, clearly saying what you are selling 
  • Add info about new deals or new arrivals to trigger the customers. For example: "20% off on Geometric Rugs"

Huda Beauty did a good job with their hero banner on National Lipstick Day. You can refer to it as an example: 

Screenshot_10.png

2. Re-organize your page: For now, after your SHOP FOR section is your blog. After that blog section are many collections. If your goal is to have your customers notice your products more, I would suggest you move your collection sections (ABSTRACT DESIGNS, KIDS PLAY MATS & RUGS , etc) right after SHOP NOW. This will immediately give the customers more options to shop around. Screenshot_11.png

3. Make a sticky cart: For now, your header with search bar and cart button will disappear if I scroll down. The same happens to your menu navigation (Home, Choose by color, Choose by style, etc). Making the header and menu sticky allows the customers to better navigate your site. They can click on their cart and jump to the page they want no matter where they are on the home page, which increases convenience for customers. 

You can learn more about sticky header in section 3.2 of this guide. Even though the guide is for mobile, most tips are applicable to laptops as well. Best of luck!

Richard. 

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Hi Phil

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

3. Make sure all your product images have the same background colour... some have white and some don't right now. This is going to help tie your site together

4. Make sure all you product images are the same size and dimension. The little details take a size from good to great.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. You can also accept this post as a "Accepted Solutions" if you found it extra helpful! Good luck.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
briofbristles
Tourist
6 2 3

Hey there! Awesome job!

I agree with everything Duane and Richard have to say, and also have a few other points:

- Consider changing the font in your header, the one that is used for "Great Value Rugs, Cushions, Throws and Accessories with Free mainland UK delivery (Free delivery only available with Avenue Rugs products)" - it may just be the weight (boldness) of it, but it looks different from the rest of the website. The same as the rest of the website, or a sleeker, still easy to read font, would be more conducive to your branding. Something clean and classic. Also consider cleaning up that sentence by fixing up where you use capitals. Either use ALL CAPS, or only capitalize the letters that truly need to be capitalized (for instance, Free should be free, or even FREE). This will create a cleaner look automatically.

- Consider changing your favicon to a clearer image. I would suggest a closer up of just the rug in your logo. Right now, it's hard to make out anything at all. Even a PNG of the rug part of the logo against a transparent background would look quite nice.

- In your menu you have "Choose by Colour" and "Choose by Style". I would suggest changing these to "Rugs by Colour" and "Rugs by Style" as they are more clear. You sell more than rugs, so you want to ensure those menu items are clearly for your main seller.

- Product names: keep them short and concise, and ensure they are all relatively the same length. Think of it as an equation: Brand Name, Product Name, Quantity/Size. That way your grid of products will line up nicely, as right now, the prices don't line up on product collection pages. (You can really see what I'm talking about on any collection page, like here:https://avenuerugs.co.uk/collections/all, none of the prizes lined up, so it doesn't look tidy.) The extra information you have in some of your product titles should be in the description only. Here's a specific example from one of your actual products:

Your product now: 

FREEAS CUSHION COVERS SET OF 4 MULTI FLOWERS PATTERN SQUARE THROW PILLOW CASE FOR SOFA BEDROOM CAR 18 X 18 INCH/ 45X 45CM

Consider changing to:

Freeas Flower Pattern Cushion Covers, Set of 4, 18x18"

All the other details can be included in the description.

- Product collection pages: the "Shop By" panel on the left is a long list of different things, presumbly brands, and even some styles. For instance, for throws, blankets, etc., the list is:

This is quite random and shows no organization. Play around with your theme to see if you are able to organize this area into sections or a filter. Here's an example of when this side panel is used as a filter: https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/shop/makeup-remover-skincare

And another: https://www.lowes.ca/dept/throw-pillows-home-decor-furniture-a224?display=24

I would suggest the filter as the best option, but if you can't do that within your theme, organize the side panel into sections, such as Shop by Brand, Shop by Style, Shop by Colour, etc.

Hope this helps!