Hyde here from Shopify. Well done on getting your store up and running! It's a big step and requires a lot of work and learning, and you've done a splendid job.
I have a few suggestions that I think will help make your store the best it can be, but it's entirely up to you whether you decide to use them.
1. Your top menu is your main menu, so you might want to consider renaming this menu item, perhaps to something like "Collections":
2. Google loves pages with more than 200 words in it, for SEO purposes. So you will want to build up your "About Us" page. Here's what an About Us page should contain. I'd also recommend putting this section at the top of your page to introduce your brand to visitors immediately.
Your brand's message helps customers understand who you are, what you care about, and why they should trust you. Using your mission statement you can combine this with your visual identity to craft a page that appeals to your target customer. Check out some great examples of About pages here
Life is Good show the backstory behind their brand, their history and lets their customers know who they are!
They also show their mission statement to be uplifting and positive whilst encouraging their customers to engage with them on social media using the hashtag thisisoptimism.
Johnny Cupcakes shows the roots of his brand and what drove him to create it. This personal story about seeing his parents struggle inspiring him to be an entrepreneur and his own struggle with learning difficulties speaks to his audience.
3. You will want to focus on making original, attractive content. One of the easiest ways to do this is through a blog.
I hope this all helps, but if you have any other questions I'm happy to answer them!
All the best, Hyde.
Congratulations on your store page! Your homepage looks fabulous already!
Coming to your product catalogue,
- keeping the size of all images the same is generally a good idea. It makes it so easy for the user to just browse through.
- Testimonials and reviews are pretty important too because like many other people, I too, like to buy only those products which have amazing reviews.
- I missed seeing any social proof and urgency in the catalog. Something that would catch my attention and drive me to buy immediately.
A suggestion here. You could add some kind of stickers or labels to highlight things like trending, sale, or free shipping etc. The Shopify app store is source of some really good Apps that can give your catalogue the focus it really needs. That's the best way you can make sure that you can convert a new visitor into a buyer!
Do let me know if this is useful for you.
Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!