Hidecraft.com.au Looking for Feedback on appearance, ecommerce and google analytics

hidecraftaus
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Guys and Gals,

www.hidecraft.com.au

We would love some feedback on overall appearance of the store(generic shopify theme) and the product; at this stage we are only making key tags but are going to be scaling up and making wallets, bags, stubbie coolers, bottle openers, Etc. All handcrafts, All going to be made in Australia. We are trying to use only Australian Products aswell but thats easier said than done. At this stage the Kangaroo products are Australian hide, but the Cow is not. We will gauge price and how well they sell before commiting to Australia hides. But that is the goal!

Ecommerce - First online store for us, would love feed back on payment vendors. We are still in the process of being approved but have signed up with paypal, EWAY, afterpay and Zip Pay. so far the only payment option on our webiste is paypal. Shopify payments sounded okay but the trans fee was more expensive than EWAY. Afterpay and Zip are hugely more expensive but i think you have to offer them these days to give consumers options.

Google Analytics - I would love to know good conversion rates, what kind of data is important to gauge etc. 

Cheers for the help. 

Danishecom
Excursionist
207 6 18

@hidecraftaus hello there i would like to give you feedback about your store.  change logo as you just put one jpg picture on logo do it on png and remove the background image from the logo.2 you have to make an appealing store so ppl can attract and buy your product. change the color of the background not use black use white as amazon do. Now you need to make the product page more appealing so ppl buy your product. when you advertise on social media do not place the homepage url in your advertisement make a product page video and advertise then you will be able to get sales on your store. in case you need my help related to designing and marketing let me know ty.

yupsoftware4@gmail.com

waytoapps
Explorer
89 10 42

Hi

Hope you are doing good. I went through your store and here are few general tips which you can work on it.

-Add a Favicon

-Make a Sticky header for easy navigation on header section.

-Add Shop Now (CTA) on the Home Banner.

-There are no reviews on your products. Add customer review app to increase your sales.

-Add Refund, privacy policies and terms of service to the Footer section.

-There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

-Add more contact details to look store trustworthy.

Thanks,
ShopList
Shopify-Etsy Integration.
hidecraftaus
Tourist
5 0 2

Thanks for the feedback, 

We like the black background, we thought it makes it seem a bit more friendly. Also the black and gold colour scheme is very appealing to younger demographics(is this correct?).

Note taken on the logo, we will work on getting a transparent background.

Yes we also thought the product page was pretty basic we will work on getting a promo video for it and making it look nicer. Thanks for your help. If we need help with anything we will be in touch. Cheers

0 Likes
hidecraftaus
Tourist
5 0 2

@waytoapps 

Awesome thanks for the feedback.

-Add a Favicon im not sure what this is looking into it now

-Make a Sticky header for easy navigation on header section.

-Add Shop Now (CTA) on the Home Banner. Good idea will be adding this

-There are no reviews on your products. Add customer review app to increase your sales. yes we havent got to reviews yet but we will be adding

-Add Refund, privacy policies and terms of service to the Footer section. we have done these policies with shopify, not sure where they have ended up?

-There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies. is this easy to add?

-Add more contact details to look store trustworthy. i have added an email address and abn 

0 Likes
hidecraftaus
Tourist
5 0 2

@Danishecom Thanks for the tip on changing to white background. Have implemented and i think it looks great.

have also added a couple of collection pages to break up the items a bit and make them easier to find 

https://hidecraft.com.au/collections/kangaroo-hide-collection

https://hidecraft.com.au/collections/cow-hide-collection

0 Likes
MarkRoss
Excursionist
56 5 14

Hi, 

I saw your website It looks great.

When a client enter to your website and buying a product there is steps in this

1. Client enter your website

2. He is scrolling or going to pages from the navBar. Let's say he keep scrolling to look for product that may interest him.

3. He choose his product he saw and interested to buy.

4. He need to press the add to cart button

5. He is going to the cart page

6. last step he need to make purchase

When I coming to your website I can see Your image and The text about your shop.

I like it, You put a nice image and little Description. I recommend to add a CTA (Call To Action) button that will catch the customer eyes to continue shopping.

Now I'm scrolling.

I think you should show products you sale.

I was looking for things that will catch the customer eyes and he will want to continue to the next step. I saw you have some but you can add more eyes catchers.

I have more ideas you can do

Feel free to contact with me on email for more tips I will be happy to share. my email is mark.rosseng@gmail.com

Good luck

hidecraftaus
Tourist
5 0 2

@MarkRoss Thanks Mark,

I have added some more CTA buttons  not all called shop now etc but just a few different things directing customers to the product pages so we can convert some sales.

CrazyCritters
Excursionist
27 0 2

@hidecraftaus 

Just a few suggestions for your website: 

• change the "Handmade by Hidecraft" to "About Us" 
  • add a "Contact Us"  page form instead of writing: have a question or want to get in touch? [email address]
    a contact form is easier for customers rather than having to copy and paste your email address into a new email... they can just enter their details and question / comment without leaving your website.
  • add more contact details in the footer menu
    include a postal address or phone number, and maybe your business hours (when customers can expect you to be available)

Hope this helps!