High Bounce with 0 Sales

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello everyone.

Not sure if I'm on the right category. If not let me know so I can move this topic.

It's my 2nd month with 0 sales and 78? bounce rate. I'm not sure what else to do. I'm running an fb ad which I think is providing traffic but still no sales. The ad's landing page is the product itself. 

Would appreciate any feedback. Store is mikhailandkaiden.com.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
106 0 19

Hey congrats on launching your store.  I first looked at your store, and from the homepage, I have no idea what you are selling.  You should make it really clear exactly what you are selling, change your title to be like "Fashion for less" or something.  All I really know is that you have free shipping.

also I don't really think your store has much of a theme it looks like you're trying to sell just about everything which makes it really hard to advertise if you can you should try to Niche down to a smaller market like honestly I have no idea how you would sell to such a large group right now now it looks like you're just trying to sell to people who wear clothes.

I do think you're about us page is good I like that you have a picture but I think you could tell more about yourself I want to know that I'm dealing with a real person you said we founded the company but you don't necessarily say who we are and I would like to know that.

Also I noticed that on your webpage you have a banner that's sticky for email but in reality it should before your buy button your buy button is the most important button on your web page so it should always be within a thumbs reach I created an app that can help you with that. https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales

Another thing is that you don't really have a logo your webpage is text you kind of have that M & K logo but you don't use it everywhere on your webpage I think if you're going to use it use it everywhere especially on that top Banner and it would be good if you used it as a favicon to.

Also you have your discount so you say grab your discount but I have no idea what you're selling all I know it's 20%. I don't know if it's shoes I don't know if it's I don't know if it's hats I have no idea.

but overall great work I think you'll be able to make the successful with a little bit more love and care just keep asking yourself would I buy if the answer is no then you need to turn that into a yes

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3039 227 497

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify. ?

Great work on the store so far. It looks really well, shows you have put some work into it and are ready to take it to the next level. You mentioned about running a FB ad which you are not sure is providing the right traffic for you. There is a good technique for this, but it does require some testing called the 3x3x3 method. It involves you creating 3 separate FB ads with 3 different audiences and 3 sets of copy/ images and applying the same budget to each. Once you see which ads perform better than others, you can drop the less successful ads and raise the budget for the ads which are successful. There is a great guide going into more detail on this which you can find here

Another great way to find your relevant audience is through organic Instagram engagement. This is something that will take time, but it is very effective. By engaging and getting involved in conversations on Instagram with people relevant to your audience and not going for a hard sell, will create a curiosity and not only build your Instagram following but encourage people to check out your store naturally. A top Shopify Expert did a podcast on this recently with a Shopify store owner who used this method very effectively for his business which you can listen to here.  

As I mentioned you have put a lot of work in so far and it looks like the store is ready to move to the next level. 

All the best. Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes