High Reached Checkout Low Conversions (but only recently)

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi guys! I'm new to shopify and I've started a dropshipping store. I've been using Facebook ads to drive traffic, but they've been unprofitable. I read that Facebook likes to have at least 50 conversion events a week(which I did not have. I have 8 total sales and I started a little over two weeks ago) so I changed my conversion event from purchases to Add to Cart on some of my ad sets. 

This totally helped my add to cart totals and cost per click and add to cart conversion percentages as well as reached checkout percentages and numbers. , but since this change I've had no sales. 

Recent website changes include the reviews section on product pages which I didnt have before(imported from aliexpress) and I added the ability to change currency because i noticed a spike in UK and Canada visitors. 

Here's my website: housecatemporium.com  

I'm mostly targeting my Banana Cat Bed right now linked here: https://housecatemporium.com/products/banana-cat-bed 

Though I was selling mostly the Cat Grooming Glove before, but the ads got way more expensive than they were earlier: 

https://housecatemporium.com/products/cat-grooming-glove 

Let me know if you need more info or numbers. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
193 12 65

Hi @mr314q !

Welcome to the Shopify family and congrats on your store! It seems that you have done a lot of work already, it is really great. I recommend adding some functionality to your store.

1. I recommend you to change the theme. There are a lot of free themes, that look more professional. This theme is too simple and not professional .

2. Add more in About us page - add some images. This page speaks from your company and increases the visibility of your brand.

3. Your header of the homepage is empty. You can move there menu bar. 

4. Once you remove the menu bar from the left, you will have enough space for the hero banner - to make it look organized, neat, and eye-appealing. Your hero banner should catch the user's attention. The image of the hero banner should resonate with your brand and have a "call to the actions" button as SHOP NOW. 

5. Add secure payment badges

6. Add blog page - If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.

7. Add sign-in icon on the homepage - I could not find it.

8. Consumers want more videos from brands. Furthermore, 46% of consumers act after watching a video advertisement. Add videos to your emails and social media pages. You can even embed video links into your blogs.

9. Add more details to the product descriptions with keywords to the headings - it will affect SEO.

10. The items in your store are more on a luxurious and expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way,  letting your customers know that you care about them. 

11. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

You have already implemented a Review program, and Growave has all  6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted

Hello @mr314q ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
288 21 76

Hello @mr314q,

I've taken a look at your store. I've some suggestions for improvement.

1. You can add Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
3. A FAQ would be useful!
4. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic. Having social media is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
5. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
6. Instead of adding newsletter section on Home page, add the section in the footer as common to all pages.
7. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
8. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
183 15 39

Hello @mr314q 

Congratulations on your store page! It's quite well done. i like the minimal theme that you have selected because it keeps the focus on the products themselves. Most things on the store have been done right. I saw a couple of things that could be made better though, so I thought I'd share them with you. 

1. On your homepage, make the side navigation bar fixed - even if the person scrolls down they should be able to navigate to the rest of the pages without having to go to the top. 
  2. Add the Contact us and About Us links even in the footer section. That makes those sections easily accessible from anywhere. 
  3. I think we could use a wishlist or an Add to Favourites button. This will allow you to send more targeted follow up emails to your shoppers and even notify them if you're running any offers or sales. 
  4. You could add some kind of urgency by adding stickers or labels to highlight things like sale/trending/free shipping. The Shopify app store is source of some really good apps that can add this kind of a focus to your store. I added one below which I thought might look good. What do you think? You can always look up more styles here.

2FEFEA40-774E-4DEF-A2ED-FD0C6ED2FE54_4_5005_c.jpeg

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Gari

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
27 1 4

@mr314q Congratulations on your new store! I think your products are really unique, it caught my interest to learn more about it. 

I took a look at your website page and I think you have done a great job in modifying it according to some of the suggestions given above. I love how you included multiple marketing essentials like product review, FAQ, etc that could let your customers understand your product better and also increase engagement with them. However, I think the simple design of your page could be further enhanced with a banner at the homepage to add colours, more clearly deliver your brand message and catch customer’s attention. Here are some of the available apps that could help you set your banner. 

Aside from that, as you start to drive more traffic into your site I would highly recommend you to start using a retargeting campaign to engage with your potential customers. Retargeting campaign is used to remind customers of the products they are interested in or were put into the cart after they leave the website with various kinds of creatives.  

You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on Shopify app store. Ako Retargeting is a cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. You can learn about this Ako Retargeting here

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for all the helpful suggestions! I have now changed themes and changed somethings. I know the About Us page needs work still and I will fix it. I will consider a blog and what that would look like exactly for my store. However, I want to note that the heart of my question is about high reached checkout rate and low sales in comparison. Is there anything I can do to help the checkout page? Or is it all controlled by Shopify. (Note that I currently can't add paypal or amazon checkout just due to some technical difficulties I'm having with both.) 

My numbers are since June 24th and have fluctuated a bit, but its the data I currently have:

Total Visitors: 1069

Add to Carts: 44 Sessions 3.91%

Reached Checkout: 24 Sessions 2.14%

Sessions Converted: 8 Sessions .71% 

I'm confused how an ok percentage can reach checkout, but hardly any purchase. 

And in the past week I've had a bunch of add to carts and reached checkout and now purchases. It seems this problem only occurred recently. Thanks for the help again! Hope this focuses the answers a bit. I definitely still will be taking the feedback and implementing what I can, but I would really love to focus specifically on these conversion ratios. Thanks! 

0 Likes