High Traffic with No Sales

snoman
2 0 0

Been running my Shopify store for sometime now. I have implemented as many of the tips that I can find but I still can't seem to get any sales. I have a high amount of traffic from FB adds and google store, but shoppers are not willing to commit to purchases.

www.onesmartelectronics.com

0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

Hey there!

It’s frustrating when you put all of that work into making a website and ad campaigns only to have no sales. Let’s see what we can do to get those sales flowing!!

First, a few quick fix items:

• Your social media icons in your footer need to open in a new tab. Right now they open in the same tab, meaning it takes people away from your website. 
  • Remove the review tab on the left side. Instead, move the review invitation to your purchase confirmation email. 
  • Match your brand and contact information. On your shipping page, I found an email address to a different brand, which immediately raises my suspicion. You don’t want that! 

Now, back to your question. You’re getting traffic from your marketing campaigns, but they aren’t turning into conversions. My initial thoughts are any mix of the following: 

1. You need to look closer at your target audience. 
  2. You aren’t attracting the right audience. 
  3. You’re not offering a compelling enough offer.
  4. Your site is too complex. 

Session recordings (to watch what happened during a person’s visit) and heatmaps (to see your most popular areas on your website) can help you find out what could be the issue here. 

To start, I would sort your recordings by Facebook or specific UTM parameters (if you use them). You’ll likely see a high number of results. Scroll through or sort results, paying close attention to time (spent on your site) and pages (visited during a session). 

I suspect you’ll find that a lot of your visitors are spending just a few seconds on your site before leaving. Use heatmaps to filter data by device type to find out if mobile users are clicking on specific information (i.e., shipping) or are abandoning your website faster than desktop users. 

Doing this analysis can help you look at your website, too. 

Would an offer wheel be a better strategy than your discount tab? Test it out.

Would it help to simplify your navigation bar? Test it out. 

Are you directing Facebook ads to the homepage when it should go to a specific product page? Test it out. 

Do customers prefer certain products over others? Check your heatmaps for click clusters. 

You may need to be more proactive in your chat. The trio of chat messages (chat bubble, orange shopping cart and “Chat with us” message) is a little confusing, and it’s not very engaging. There are chat options out there that would trigger an auto invite to specific people, such as those who have spent 30 seconds on your shipping page or haven’t checked out within 1 minute. 

At the same time, take a closer look at your Facebook audience. Here’s some advice to help you get started.  Shopify has some great tips, too. 

Snoman, don’t give up. You can do this! Heatmaps and session recordings will really make a world of difference for you as you evaluate your website. Lucky Orange offers these features (and more) with a free trial and plans that start at US $10/month. If you have any questions about it, let me know.

Good luck! Be sure to update us when sales start flowing in!

Cheers -
Danny 

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2449 142 443

Hello @snoman

Your store looks really professional. Ads will help you to get traffic on your store but to convert that traffic into paying customers you need to increase the engagement on your store. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand. It will reduce the bounce rate and will boost your sales.

- For that, start using a loyalty program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, make a purchase, visiting a store and many more. This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.

- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

To implement these tools on your store you can install AiTrillion.com. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @snoman 

I can tell right away, the site is great but there a slot of things going on all at once. Now lets get into details

1) The review tab, Discount tab, Floating cart icon and the live chat along with colorful design of the homepage get a little too overwhelming. Moreover they overlay the product images. I totally agree that sites that sell tech things are better when dynamic and informative, but it is important to not go over board. 

2) Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

3)90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is a social proof. In my opinion that is an essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site.

4) Since the logo has Yellow, blue and red. I  highly recommend using that color on the site design as well to make it more holistic. 

For the Reviews, Social login, Discount and other marketing features I would like to offer you our app Growave. It is an all-in-one platform  that will help add functionality on your site just by a couple of clicks :)  

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here

Hi @snoman,

I think you need to work on your store to make the user want to purchase. Below are some ways:

Featured Images: Use good quality featured banner images with interesting taglines to captivate user attention.

Home page: I like your homepage flow but it could be better and more organized. Homepage content should be strategically decided. No one wants to scroll down the home page to view more of the page so focus only on showing your top products. You can display trust badge below the front banner.

Web-Font: Use eye-friendly fonts. Avoid using various fonts on a different section of the website. Adding different font can completely change the balance and tone of your design. Choose a font that is easier to read even from further away.

Mobile Score: Your google page speed score is only 21%. It should be above 70. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.

onesmart.png

Social Login: Implement social login. It is a single sign-on for end users. By using this user can sign in on website instead of creating a new account. This simplifies registrations and logins for end users.

Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Call of Action Placement: You need a strong call to action to gain people’s attention and to convince them to act. Try to use good CTA to increase conversion and sales.

Product Images & Description: Product page design could be better and organized. Clean up the design of your customer reviews, it's looking messed up, it should be nicely spaced. Insert product images into the carousel.

I hope my feedback will help you!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Thank you!!!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
snoman
2 0 0

Thanks for the input this is very helpful advise.

0 Likes

You have to know who and why the customers will buy from you.

2 weeks ago, I bought a wireless headphone coz my office was too noisy. So I researched what headphone is the most cost-effective one. I can't afford the most expensive one like the latest airpod. But I want the headphone with active noise cancellation technology. So I just went to read reviews of different gadgets review sites. "What are the best 10 headphones in 2019?" I read ~5 articles to get a sense of the most cost-effective options since I am cost-conscious. After that, I googled 2 headphones and read the average reviews on google. How are the users thinking about the product on Reddit? Which one has the highest average rating? 

Finally, I moved on to Amazon and read the reviews of the 2 products again. Look like the company and shipping were reliable. At last, I used Honey to purchase it. It's around 45 dollars, delivered to my office after 1 week. So far I am satisfied with the quality and service, though it's a bit heavy for my head. And I leave a review to express my happiness. 

I am sure you have a similar experience if you want to buy a gadget online. In the journey, did you find that the customers would ever consider surfing in your store and why would they buy from you eventually?

As a Shopify partner for 4 years, I am trying to see how I can further assist online store owners to fix the traffic-but-no-sales problem. Can you help me to fill in the short form so that I can know more about your difficulties? It'll take you a couple of minutes only. I'm trying to see if I can bring something better to new merchants in the CoronaVirus hard time.

In return, I can give you early limited access to our future solution. 

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
0 Likes
Nostromo504
Tourist
9 0 4

Hello,

I think the biggest problem you're up against is the lack of a unique selling proposition. For example, one of your products is a bluetooth mp4 player. I did a google search for Bluetooth MP4 player, and the results were as I expected. Best Buy and Amazon were at the top of the page. Which begs the question: why should I purchase from you when I can purchase the same (or similar) item from two of the most trusted brands in America?

I can drive down the street to Best Buy and have one in my hand in fifteen minutes. Additionally, if there's a problem I know that Best Buy is a reputable company and I can certainly get a refund. A unique selling proposition is something that differentiates you from the competition. In this case, think of reasons why a consumer should buy from you instead of Amazon or Best Buy.

Also, the contact page is a blank screen. No phone number, name, address. Nothing. I'm certainly not saying you're a  scammer. However, put yourself in the shoes of a potential customer. If something goes wrong, they only have a blank form to contact you. They know nothing about you, and for all they know, you could take the money and run. So...it's extremely important that you establish trust.

I hope this helps!

Good luck