High checkouts - NO SALES!!

Charlie34
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi, I started up a new store last week and have been running a lot of Facebook ads. The ads are the right targeting and are performing very well but theres 1 problem.

My store seems to be getting a very high about of 'initiate checkouts' but no actual conversations (only 2 high fraudulent orders from 20 initiate checkouts).

I know not everyone who has initiated checkout will purchase, the number I have is only 1 in every 3 will convert. I haven't had this problem before.

Could someone check my checkout parts of my website to see if there's a possible problem? I ordered off the website myself and there didn't seem to be but I'd love to get to the bottom of this.

www.surroundpods.com
Thanks very much!
0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Surroundpods,

The checkout process of the site is running quite smoothly. Coming to the store, the search landing page is disabled. Apart from that, some other observations for store optimization are as follows:

1. Apart from being placed in the dropdown, login should also be placed beside the sidelinks in the top right of the header.
  2. An "About Us" section should be added to the main menu and footer as well.
  3. "Contact Us" section should include a contact form as well.
  4. All footer links need to be vertically arranged for better placement and orientation.
  5. All footer links should be placed to the left, newsletter to the right and social links below both of them.
  6. Favicon is missing, which is quite crucial for site identification.
  7. Social links like Facebook, Instagram etc need to be added for better customer connectivity.
  8. Instagram images need to be added for better brand promotion.
  9. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  10.  Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparqs Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May the store improvement help you gain a lot more conversions.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.

Dear eagle1,

Congratulation for your store. Hope following suggestion will help you.

1. Company / Business Logo Should be there

2. All Banner design need to Improve

3. Make login or create account optional , use guest checkout

4. Add faqs

5. You need to High hight your UVP ( Unique Value Proposition )

6. Header and Footer Area need to Improve

7. Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust

8. Trust badges should be on the home page like 100% Authentic products, Easy return, etc

9. Add Product Review should be there

10. You have missed these product features https://www.task4store.com/collections/product-page

11. Improve store loading speed for mobile.

12. Your checkout page taking lots of time to load from cart page and there are other things too.

If you need more help on this please contact here: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2463 142 445

Hey @Charlie34 ,

What you can do is you can start notifying your customers when they abandoned your cart. This can be done in many ways. You can send them an abandoned cart push notification or an abandoned cart email. This will reduce your cart abandonment. Not only this you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart. 

Also to increase sales, start a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.

If you would like to implement all these on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Charlie34
Tourist
6 0 1
Thank you for these tips, I will begin to implement them on my store :)