High "add to Cart" but no conversions. Please help. Thanks.

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello,

My store is Techella.online  and I wanted some feedback on the checkout process. I have a high "add to cart" rate but I have no conversions. I have tried tweaking different things to no avail. Please help me understand what I can do to get some conversions. Thank you.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
177 26 109

Hi there, @Techella2!

Great question. That’s always frustrating when you get people who add products to their cart but don’t actually convert. Let’s see what we can do. 

Have you tried visitor behavior tools, like heatmaps (to see where people click) and session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit)? If you have questions that revolve around why customers are doing it one way and not the other, go to heatmaps and see where they are clicking. Watch recordings to see what stopped people from checking out.

On the surface, I would do a few things:

1. Revise the “You Say: 25% off” in the checkout. It looks like it’s a clickable coupon, which makes me want to find out how to get that 25% off. I would reword it or remove it completely from the cart. 
  2. Where is the shipping information? If I’m a product page, there’s a banner at the top that says “Worldwide Free Shipping.” However, when I get to the cart, it still says “Shipping and taxes calculated at checkout” and there’s no banner on the cart page. I would make it crystal clear throughout the process that shipping is free. Don’t just confine it to the banner because not everyone will see it. Add it to the product pages as well, and revise how you phrase it on the cart.
  3. Do you know what payment methods are preferred? Run a poll that asks your customers for their opinions. Give them a list of payment options and see if there’s an overwhelming favorite.
  4. The cross-selling pop-up you have isn’t working well. I had the Bluetooth keyboard in my cart and added the 3-in-1 wireless charger station. Almost immediately after I added it, it told me that it was frequently bought together with the Bluetooth keyboard. If you had session recordings, you would see what I experienced. Either way, it doesn’t leave a good impression! 

Lastly, I would highly suggest implementing a live chat system. If someone added a product to their cart but had a question, whether it’s about shipping or related products, they would only have your contact page. Any answer you provide, even if it’s a fast turnaround, would still take them off your site. Use live chat to keep them on the site to get answers.

Also, use auto invites. These are part of a live chat system that lets you customize when you engage with customers. For example, you would set the chat invitation to launch when someone doesn’t checkout within 2 minutes of adding a product to their cart. The customer would receive a chat that says, “Is there anything I can help you with today?” during a time when the customer probably does have a question.

In the end, it all comes down to looking deeper into what customers are doing. Heatmaps let you see where they are clicking (or not) while session recordings show you exactly what pain points and sales barriers they experience. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month. 

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers-

Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Techella2 you have a great store, and honestly cart abandonment is a huge problem always.

Two things I have seen in the last 10 years working in eCommerce -

1. Getting people to jump into shelling money out of their pockets needs us to make them feel worried about missing out on a deal! So add some timed offers or urgency badges through apps like these

2. Remarketing! Send me reminder emails, or some special offer! Privy is a great app to set stuff like that up.I use it a lot.

Stay safe and hope you're learning everyday 

I'm here if you need me!

Kay

ModeMagic

Kay Mann, the eCommerce nerd and Bitmoji fan :)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Techella,

"Almost two-thirds of shoppers leave items in their cart without making a purchase leading to a huge loss of potential sales". The main reason behind this is uneasy site navigation and wrong-site layout. The ultimate solution is "Site Optimization".Take care of a few points mentioned below for the same:

• The "search landing page" is disabled in your case ie it does not redirect to "/search" when the "enter key" is pressed while placing the cursor on the search bar.
  • Shift the "logo" to the extreme left while, the "header menu" to the middle of the site header.
  • "Hero banner" is a must for "professional" site view.
  • Being connected to "social media" increases site popularity and brand promotion.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best for the coming days!
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes