Hello. I launched my homewares store https://makespaceforthis.com/ about 4 weeks a go. I have done all the Shopify tutorials and been advertising on FB and Instagram, using catalogue and carousel ads aimed at the same audience who have interests in interiors, decor, in the UK, 25-45, etc.
I have been getting lots of traffic, 625 in the last week, my bounce rate is 46% and session duration is 1m26s. I have posted before and added in the recommendations: reviews, about us page, wish list, etc. but nothing has change. I am looking at doing some retargeted advertising around who has looke at my collections in the last 3 days to see if this helps.
I would appreciate some feedback on how make conversions. Is there something I am doing wrong or is something missing.
First of all, I want to say that your store so amazing with gorgeous interior product image. Otherwise, here are some of my feedback that maybe helpful for you.
- Headbar: Make your header sticky. This will better navigate your customers once they're in the store and scrolling down to see your products. If they want to discover more, they don't have to scroll all the way back up, thus, better user experience.
- Discount code: You can use the pop-up to announce users that we're having a promotion for all products in our store. If you just added text like that, customer may ignore it cause it has no attraction. A banner would be the best way for this situation.
- Hero banner: 'SHOP NOW' button is not highlight, you can change the font-size and font-family to Bold to attract customer more.
- Product Price: It's quite difficult for me to see that price cause it's too small, you should change the font-size for it. You can use FOMO marketing cause it's the most popular way to boost your conversion rate.
- Another things beside Review(s) you can add to your page is Social proof. This will make your store more credible cause it based on customer experiences, people will more attend to buy your products.
Hope that my suggestions may help you in some way. Furthermore, you can check this article to know how to optimize your homepage.
I just had a look at this site! It looks amazing! I love the product photographs and layout. The price could be made a little bigger on the home/collection pages.
I can't find a telephone number or address of where you are based?
My main issues are who am I buying from? How can I call you to ask about an order? What is your address? Where are you based?
To me personally buying online requires trust, the more information you give people to put their minds at rest the better. I would add these details to your contact page.
Great store you've got there. Let me share a couple of tips that can help you increase conversions.
1. Revamp your 'About Us' page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. Read this blog on the potential of About Us page: https://www.shopify.in/blog/how-to-write-an-about-us-page
2. Build confidence by using social proof: Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.
Reviews: Make sure to add a review section on each product page and to ask customers to write reviews of your products, this is for shoppers to gain some confidence in buying from your store. To know more about how to ask for reviews politely, you can read it here.
Add trust badges and trust seals: One of the easiest things you can do to make your e-commerce site more trustworthy is to add trust badges, this will make them feel more comfortable making a purchase. You can read about it here
3. Create Urgency and Play With FOMO: FOMO is a great way to get people to convert on your product page. By tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency prompts shoppers to shorten their decision-making process. Use product labels/stickers such as Sale, Few Left, etc to quickly grab users' attention.
4. Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.
I'm sure that these tips will certainly help improve conversions. If you do need more help, please don't hesitate to message me, I'll be happy to be of assistance.
Thank you for your time!
congrats for your store
Do you have abandoned checkouts or just no sales?
since you have lots of add to carts / abandoned carts, I would suggest you add live chat in your store and ask your visitors if everything is ok, while they browse in your store. Tawk.to is a great free chat service and allows you to start chatting with your visitors.
Also, you could set up an abandoned checkouts process, if not already implemented and ask customers with abandoned checkouts for feedback, to see if there are any pain points that you should fix.
Lastly, you could take a look at literature about reasons for customers abandoning their carts and see if there is anything you could do to improve your conversion. For example at https://baymard.com/lists/cart-abandonment-rate:
Right now I can only point out things I see, but it literally could be anything and it doesn't necessarily have to be with the design of your website.
I quite like your website, it's designed nicely. It seems fast, the items have reviews. I went through the purchase steps, without buying anything and it works well.
However, there can be many reasons why you're not converting. I have a few suggestions. Make sure that all of your images are clear. Some of the ones in the hero section on the Home page are showing up a bit blurry for me. If possible, it would also be helpful to move the change currency dropdown to the top of the page since I didn't know it existed while looking through the site and only saw it at the end.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives, not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We could look at where the traffic comes from and why.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested in working with me and getting some consultation just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.
Hello, this us Shira Jose
I seen your website. According to my experience at shopify.
Here is some thing i found your website is not good in are:-
Although your products are very good but the description you written for them are not to the point and not effective.
And this may be the main reason for not getting sales even after getting traffic.
So to solve this problem i suggests you to use "Descrii" app on shopify store.
Its an auto description generator app,the description generated by it is to the point, very effective and even high with SEO.
I am using their service and very much happy to use Descrii. So i recommend this to you.
Hope i helped you.