High traffic but no conversion

Tourist
7 0 0

Hello,

please check my store by visiting www.stovetopchai.com.au and advise whats wrong as I have high traffic but really low conversions lately. Also there is a some delay in receiving messages from website's questionnaire, last time it took 24 hours almost. 

Thank you for your help.

Ishan

0 Likes

One thing to keep in mind, even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.

The biggest issue with your store is your design and background colour. Black is not a great background colour as it can be hard for some to read white text against a black background. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage and change the black background

2. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

3. If site messages are taking a long time, I would talk with your email service provider

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

5. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

2. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

3. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions . This is going to help tie your site together

4. Your product images are the biggest area of your site that needs work. Outside of having a different background colour that is not black

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
2 Likes

Hi Ishan

I agree the black background isn't working. I also think you need to improve the below areas. 

Home Page: Needs to flow better. I would do this. 

• Slideshow ( 1 x Best Image )
  • Collection List 
  • Image With Text ( Something Interesting )
  • Newsletter Sign Up ( Be Creative ) 
  • Popular Products ( 4 - 8 Max ) 
  • Video 
  • Blogs 
  • Instagram 

Contact Page: I would put the images from contact page into about page. I'll also email you now to test your contact form. Will also attach something that should help so look out for that. 

I love that you have put effort into your blogs. That is awesome. Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

1 Like
Excursionist
60 2 5

Hey, I recommend you to use Nextsale app. It is really good for increasing sales from traffic. If you suffer from high traffic and zero sales this app is exactly for you. You may try it for free. It uses both Social proof and urgency tools. It differs all the competitors with having all in one dashboard means you do not have to pay separate costs for social proof or urgency. 

The link is below, try it for free! Good luck with your store!

Nextsale - Shopify App
1 Like
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you Clayton. Appreciate your feedback.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you Samra.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 0

I tried to make some of those changes. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks heaps :)

0 Likes

@ishangemini wrote:

Thank you Clayton. Appreciate your feedback.

No dramas at all. Shoot me a email sometime and let me no how things are going. 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

1 Like
Explorer
258 17 71

Hi Ishan

Your store looks really cool as a chai lover, I can smell your shop.Its good to know you're getting traffic but still focus on improving few things which might help you to improve sales,here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.With a little patience and some tips, you can reach good amount of sales.

1. You can improve 1st banner image and video quality as it just does'nt go with the other good quality images.
  2. Another point, take into consideration .Make sure your social media follow section opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  3. Add few more images for your products,as it will influence someone better to go for the product.
  4. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  5. The default search landing pagehttps://www.stovetopchai.com.au/search?q=  is bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  6. Lastly, You have over 70 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
101 15 24

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. You've received some great feedback on the store here, and I can see you've already acted on some of that advice on your site! 

I'm curious where your main sources of traffic are coming from? As mentioned earlier, not all traffic is equal. What is your current marketing strategy for your business? Do you target a specific demographic? What behaviors/interests have you identified for them? Have you created personas for your target audiences? It's a really useful method of understanding who your ideal customer is and how to find them: (http://bit.ly/2SQUEIg). 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like