High traffic but no sales

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0
Please review my store www.barkandbougie.com. I am getting over 3000 visitors a month but no sales. Please help?
0 Likes
Highlighted

Beyond the store feedback I left for your store a few days ago...make sure you update your store to help increase your chance for success.  Maybe your issue is what you are doing for marketing. Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.

When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns
. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1271 73 154

Hello,

I think you are not reaching your target customers,  i think you should go for ads like Google shopping, Instagram ads etc.

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer
Setup Shopify Store @ 129 USD
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi. Few suggestions. Something feels wrong about the site. I'd change the below. 

Logo: I'd make this transparent. Will blend in with Slider 

Home Page

Pet-Friendly Deals And More: Id put this under the catalog.

Catalog: Id remove the words catalog.

Featured Collections: I'd remove them from home page doesn't look right to me.

Blogs: I'd add at least three blogs. You could also add some affiliate links for example dog walkers etc. Could earn few more dollars a month this way. "Rover" is a good one. 

Theme: I think there is a better free theme you could use that is similar. Will send the link to your email now.

Contact Page: I would remove gmail email address. This doesn't really look professional. You have the form anyway or you could buy a domain email for few dollars a month.

Site is looking good keep up the good work. 

Thanks 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

The images on your homepage are just too adorable - who doesn’t love cute puppies :)

I noticed your logo has too many details for such a small image:

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 13.24.58.png

Some of the elements overlap one another, and because it’s a small image, some of the fonts are difficult to read. Consider simplifying it, by having only dog with Crown + laurels, or dog with crown + ‘Bark & Boutique’ title, while removing anything else. This will give you a more polished and elegant look. Also - as Clayton mentioned - consider asking your logo designer for a .png file with a transparent logo - that’s advisable design for your website, as you have a background image.

Top menu - rename “Products” link in the top menu and in the button on the homepage:

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 13.37.16.png

Consider renaming it to “Shop” - it creates urgency and gives an indirect order to shoppers, inviting them to take action [positive tone of voice]. The best performing shops design their customer journey [sales funnel] across the pages with clear CTAs - from the homepage, through collections to the checkout - so showing people where to click and how to browse your website to complete the purchase will put your customers at ease and improve your conversion rate.

Also, place About page after the link to your products - the attention then will be on the products, and About us page - as supporting content, and not vital for your conversion - can be placed later.

‘Featured collection’ below - consider adding here a more detailed and SEO-friendly title:

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 13.41.17.png

This element has H2 value important for Google, so it’s worth using one of your target keywords here instead.

Your branding is that you are luxury pet accessories brand, so make sure to set the layout and styling reflect that and appeal to your target audience. Don’t use emojis in product titles or anywhere on the website:

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 13.41.37.png

They cheapen the branding a bit and makes it feel like you want to appeal to a teen audience.

Also, almost all of your items on the homepage are on sale - that can also go against your luxury branding. Be very scarce with your discounts, and offer only 10% of products on sale at one time.

Refund policy - consider writing a unique policy here instead of featuring default Shopify policy, which mentions items you are not selling:

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 14.03.31.png

It will help you build trust, tailor the content to your own store and avoid any duplicate content issues, which might affect your Google rank.

Shipping policy - consider adding this page as well with a table with the delivery rates at the top, so people know right away how much you are charging, and whether you ship internationally or not. Many online shoppers often look for this info before placing an order, to find out the shipping cost, so having a detailed policy can also help you boost your conversion rate.

Contact us page - make sure to use a professional email address [such as contact@barkandbougie.com] instead of a free one. It’s a great way to build trust as an established business. You can create a custom email address matching your domain with G-Suite - learn how to do it here: https://youtu.be/j_0ho2PUyTI

Also make sure to hyperlink your email address for a one-click contact - see how to do it below - or follow the step-by-step instructions here: how to hyperlink email address.

Some of the products can be a little confusing - for example you are selling 2 pieces of dog hair clips here but show various colors of clips:Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 14.07.48.png

As you don’t give an option to pick the colors, your visitors might be confused as to which color they will get in their order, and might not place an order at all. Make sure to have all these little details explained so people can order easily and smoothly.

Social media - make sure to open the icon on your website in new tab, so you don’t lose the valuable traffic. Please check this helpful guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser

Twitter and Instagram - make sure to check these links, as Twitter opens on an error page, and Instagram links to the homepage.

Your Buy It Now button on the product page takes the visitor right to the checkout page - that can affect the user experience. It’s best to allow visitors to stay on the same page after adding a product to the cart - they might want to browse further and may add more products to their cart, so it will help you get bigger orders.

Not sure if you had a chance to review your checkout page - it comes with a very busy background image:

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 14.12.55.png

It almost wants you to close the window and abort the purchase! The busy background makes the fields difficult to see, including the order total:

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 14.13.16.png

Consider adding a plain background [no image] to this page, and you will improve your conversion rate [sales] and user experience.

Your SEO score is 48/100

Your content analysis could be more defined - your most often used words are “price, save, sale, cart”, which are not very specific for Google:

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 14.18.13.png

Consider working on your keyword density, so Google knows your content is related to pet accessories.

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know :)

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify SEO expert

Rock Paper Copy

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

1 Like
Highlighted

Hello Bark and Bougie,
There might be so many reasons for no sales. You need make certain changes in order to make your store more attractive and appealing. Here are the points you need to focus on: 

1. The text written on the sliders is unclear. The text should be in such color that it looks clearly.

2. Use not more than 3 slider because it reduces the load speed time of your website.

3. There is no navigation menus. Be more specific with your collections and add the collection among the main menus so that it is easy for the visitor to shop easily.

4. Organize the Header and Footer section of your website so that it looks better. Things need to be organized in the "page content" as well.

From SEO perspective,

5. The meta title should be of 55-60 and 155-160 characters respectively. Your web site's meta title and description is 74 and 132 characters respectively.

6. Give alt tags to all the images.

Glad to assist! If you have any questions while tweaking your store, feel free to reach out here anytime. I'd love to help out! Can't wait to see your result!

For sales, I would suggest you to be active on every social media platforms and post on a daily basis with appealing images and caption. Connect more and more audience for better engagement.
Also, you haven't linked your Instagram and Twitter business account to the social icons in the footer section.

Thanks

Shopify Expert
Email: sarthakagarwal@cedcommerce.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0
Thank you for all your tips. I’m making my way through them and making changes. This my first attempt at designing and drop shipping so I will keep u posted on my progress with your tips.

0 Likes