High user rate however no sales!!

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi, I set up my store about a week ago, I've had a lot of users visit the store however have a 80% bounce rate and no sales. Please check out my store: https://everythingpawsstore.com/ and give advice/ tips.

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 29 116

Hi @RodgerWilliam

I feel your frustration. There’s nothing more disheartening than spending all that effort and hard work to make your site awesome only to have no sales and a high bounce rate. 

Before we dive in, I would highly recommend watching session recordings to see what people are doing while they’re on your site. Session recordings are like a DVR for your website, so you can see every single thing they saw, clicked and experienced. Since you’re getting traffic that bounces, I would look at what they’re doing once they get on your site. 

Let’s get started! 

Homepage
Your homepage is really bright and cheery, which is fantastic! There are a few things I found:

• Banner: Change your font from white to black to make it stand out. Link to your product page so that people can click on it and go directly to it. 
  • Hero image: Add a CTA button! You have a CTA on the image near your footer, but the sad reality is that not all of your customers are going to scroll. Use a heatmap to see how far down the page people scroll and where they click. My hunch is that they aren’t scrolling to the lower CTA. 
  • What we love: I would remove the text completely. Also, use heatmaps to evaluate how people use your collections and if your featured collections match that.
  • I would add in an instagram feed here as well! My advice here would not to just repost other dog photos. Get that user-generated content going and feature your products on dogs.  
  • Make sure there’s a currency localization option. Automated would be preferred, by manual would be okay as well. 

Footer

• Privacy policy: Link what needs to be linked. Right now, the URLs mentioned are unlinked. 
  • Refund policy: Link what needs to be linked. Right now, the URLs mentioned are unlinked. 
  • Shipping policy: Don’t leave shipping costs to checkout. Get those costs front and center. Visitors HATE being surprised with shipping costs during checkout. It can also be a great way to encourage more spending. If shipping costs $10 but is free at $20, I’m probably going to add products to reach that free shipping threshold. 
  • Terms of Service: Link your email address. 
  • Contact Us: I would do some work here. Link your email address, but also make your message more welcoming. You have a phone number...but everyone is out due to COVID. You ask that they only send one request...but they don’t know if it even went through. Revise it to be more inviting and focused on THEIR needs rather than your inconvenience. I would also suggest adding in a live chat to answer their questions while they are still on your site rather than having to wait for a response from you. 
  • Newsletter: Give people a reason to subscribe! What’s the value of it? Do they get a discount on their next purchase? Stories from other dog-lovers? The joy of participating in a dog-loving community? 
  • Social media links: Get those links up here! Just make sure they open in a new tab. 

Navigation/Product Pages

In general, your main navigation is simple to use. I would suggest using heatmaps to see which ones are being clicked on by your visitors and which ones aren’t. For those that aren’t, consider letting them live solely under “Shop All” rather than dedicating a featured collection to them. 

On your collection pages, add in filters to help people sort through your options. Even though you have 8 options under Dog Beds, it would make it easier for them to sort through your options.

For more insight, watch session recordings. You’ll see how people use those collections! 

(Psst - you have a cat featured on one of the dog beds!) 

On to the product pages…
For reference, I’m looking at the Elevated Tent Pet Bed. 

• Again, don’t leave the shipping costs to checkout. 
  • Add in weight/sizing suggestions. This may be perfect for a Sheltie but not stable enough for a Mastiff. Help people determine if it’s right for their dog.
  • Clarify the sizing. It wasn’t quite clear. Is that 56 cm by 43 cm by 18 cm or a total square area of 61 square cm. I highly doubt that’s right, so make it clear what they buy. 
  • For reviews, add a review request on your purchase confirmation. As you have more sales, the reviews will (hopefully) start pouring in as well.

I love where your site is headed, and I’m sure that you’ll be seeing sales come in soon. Visitor behavior is going to help you understand if there’s anything on your store stopping them from converting and evaluate those changes. No more guessing! Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Danny, 

Wow that information and feedback is amazing, thank you for your advice we will definitely be taking this on board!

William

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

HI @RodgerWilliam 

Congrats on your first store! For being a newbie in the world of eCom, you are totally nailing it. And according to your request feedback, you know what you are doing. :) 

I would like to aware you though, there are a lot of sites that sell exact same thing as you do, so the niche is full of competition, you have to be prepared to invest your time and finances to beat them all and start selling:) 

Here are some tips to improve the site: 

1) Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

2)Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

3)I advise to work partnership with other companies that sell complimentary products or services.  

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. Free plan is available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
216 17 83

Hey @RodgerWilliam , welcome to Shopify family

I checked your store, which looks good but needs some improvement. Let me share a couple of feedbacks:

1. The homepage looks a bit empty right now, so I would suggest to add more content in your homepage like Featured products, Blog, Instagram feed, Best Sellers, New Arrivals etc. Keep in mind that homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off. Also the main banner seems too blurred, so use a high quality image.

2. I recommend you to add your social handles in your website (also to note: be active in Fb and Insta), as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic.

3. Add an 'About Us' page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand , making a strong impression on curious customers. Read this blog on potential of About Us page: https://www.shopify.in/blog/how-to-write-an-about-us-page

4. I noticed that the product descriptions are not descriptive, A brief info about the product is required. Why? Because you can use potential keywords in such circumstances which are likely used on search engines. (try out this https://kwfinder.com/ to find phrases that are related to the keyword and also have a high search volume.) This will help increase organic traffic (google)

5. Invite your customers to be part of your community. Also having a blog, getting out articles and having fresh content once in two weeks will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.

6. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

7. Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. 

Hope these feedbacks help.

Fayaz

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes