Hi, I set up my store about a week ago, I've had a lot of users visit the store however have a 80% bounce rate and no sales. Please check out my store: https://everythingpawsstore.com/ and give advice/ tips.
I feel your frustration. There’s nothing more disheartening than spending all that effort and hard work to make your site awesome only to have no sales and a high bounce rate.
Before we dive in, I would highly recommend watching session recordings to see what people are doing while they’re on your site. Session recordings are like a DVR for your website, so you can see every single thing they saw, clicked and experienced. Since you’re getting traffic that bounces, I would look at what they’re doing once they get on your site.
Let’s get started!
Your homepage is really bright and cheery, which is fantastic! There are a few things I found:
In general, your main navigation is simple to use. I would suggest using heatmaps to see which ones are being clicked on by your visitors and which ones aren’t. For those that aren’t, consider letting them live solely under “Shop All” rather than dedicating a featured collection to them.
On your collection pages, add in filters to help people sort through your options. Even though you have 8 options under Dog Beds, it would make it easier for them to sort through your options.
For more insight, watch session recordings. You’ll see how people use those collections!
(Psst - you have a cat featured on one of the dog beds!)
On to the product pages…
For reference, I’m looking at the Elevated Tent Pet Bed.
I love where your site is headed, and I’m sure that you’ll be seeing sales come in soon. Visitor behavior is going to help you understand if there’s anything on your store stopping them from converting and evaluate those changes. No more guessing! Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.
I hope this helps! Good luck!
Congrats on your first store! For being a newbie in the world of eCom, you are totally nailing it. And according to your request feedback, you know what you are doing. :)
I would like to aware you though, there are a lot of sites that sell exact same thing as you do, so the niche is full of competition, you have to be prepared to invest your time and finances to beat them all and start selling:)
Here are some tips to improve the site:
1) Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
2)Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
3)I advise to work partnership with other companies that sell complimentary products or services.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. Free plan is available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3
Hey @RodgerWilliam , welcome to Shopify family
I checked your store, which looks good but needs some improvement. Let me share a couple of feedbacks:
1. The homepage looks a bit empty right now, so I would suggest to add more content in your homepage like Featured products, Blog, Instagram feed, Best Sellers, New Arrivals etc. Keep in mind that homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off. Also the main banner seems too blurred, so use a high quality image.
2. I recommend you to add your social handles in your website (also to note: be active in Fb and Insta), as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic.
3. Add an 'About Us' page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand , making a strong impression on curious customers. Read this blog on potential of About Us page: https://www.shopify.in/blog/how-to-write-an-about-us-page
4. I noticed that the product descriptions are not descriptive, A brief info about the product is required. Why? Because you can use potential keywords in such circumstances which are likely used on search engines. (try out this https://kwfinder.com/ to find phrases that are related to the keyword and also have a high search volume.) This will help increase organic traffic (google)
5. Invite your customers to be part of your community. Also having a blog, getting out articles and having fresh content once in two weeks will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.
6. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.
7. Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency.
Hope these feedbacks help.