Highly optimised site with loads of traffic but no sales. Can't pinpoint the problem.

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

I have recently begin my store https://tidylifeco.com/ and have worked hard on optimising the site and product pages for customer security, satisfaction and scarcity. I have spend about $50 on ads and had 2000 sessions with some 'Added to Cart' and 'Reached Checkout' and only 1 sale. Awfully low conversion rate. I even lowered to price twice incase that had been the issue. Still no luck. I would appreciate any feedback and tips anyone experienced might have. Thank you

Regards,

Matt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1902 37 230

Hello,

I observed few points on your website, I hope those are helpful for your website.

-> You can add Instagram page link of your store under Instagram icon.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> And you can add trust badges under checkout, It checks to visitors that a site is genuine. Information is gathered by the outsider trust seal organization that affirms that the business is valid.
Otherwise, Great work you have done on your website.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1774 111 326

Dear MAttyT,

Congratulation for your store.

Hope following suggestion will help you.

• Run your ads at least one month ($5/day) and also do remarketing after 15 days
  • Cart Page : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
  • Balancing color ., font images etc. - Maintain the same or similar colours and fonts throughout your store to keep your branding intact.
  • Go for predictive search option
  • Add Trust Badge : Faqs, Payment icon , Highlight return policy , customer support , testimonial etc - All these features are important to build trust for your brand among your users.
  • Highlight your USP - What's unique about you and your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner.
  • Product filter for easy navigation - Categorize & filter products by their size, colour or type so users find product to product navigation easy.Example of Ideal Product Page
  • Also do some email marketing
  • Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 19-25  . you need to improve website speed to make it more user-friendly for both device desktop and mobile.
Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Appfreaker,

Thank you heaps for the response and tips, I'll make sure to address them :)

I was just curious about the testimonials. I have product reviews on the product pages (i.e. https://bit.ly/2LDaaVA), is that what you are referring to? Or, are you suggesting a sort of store-testimonial on the home page? Thank you again.

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
444 27 134

Hi @MattyT !

Your shop is very neat and well-organized. It is obvious that you have spent money and time on your website and that is why it is very pleasant to go through.

In order to increase conversion, I would recommend, you to implement a Referral program - the items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.

I like your product page - description is very detailed and you have a lot of social reviews - it is social proof. 

I can see that you have a discount - The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. 

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.

We have  6 features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

I appreciate your reply, plenty of information that I have not yet considered and am looking forward to addressing. Excellent feedback!

Regards :)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @MattyT ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  • Also, try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
188 15 40

Hello @MattyT 

Congratulations on your store page! It's quite well done. i like the minimal theme that you have selected because it keeps the focus on the products themselves. Most things on the store have been done right. I saw a couple of things that could be made better though, so I thought I'd share them with you. 

1. In some of your products, the product description is bit long to read - especially if you're talking about how to use the product. It's generally better if you can have something visual - like a video or a gif. Your shoppers are more likely to see that. 
  2. Your collection names are a bit vague - doesn't really tell me what I will end up finding over there. This kind of pushes the shopper away. Instead of saying something like Eco-Friendly, you can name the section as Kitchen Tools or Home Decor. Within the collection you can then highlight that some products are certified eco friendly. 
  3. I think we could use a wishlist or an Add to Favourites button. This will allow you to send more targeted follow up emails to your shoppers and even notify them if you're running any offers or sales. 
  4. You could add some kind of urgency by adding stickers or labels to highlight things like sale/trending/free shipping. The Shopify app store is source of some really good apps that can add this kind of a focus to your store. I added one below which I thought might look good. What do you think? You can always look up more styles here.

1251A7DE-10C4-4741-9CC1-2A6801516233_4_5005_c.jpeg

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Gari

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes