Home Decor Boutique looking for conversion help/ feedback

Tourist
4 0 0
Hello! I run a boutique specializing in Home Decor in the US market. Www.JadeLaurenHome.com we are looking for feedback on how to get shoppers to buy. We’ve recently added the count down feature to create urgency. Any help/ advice is greatly appreciated.
0 Likes

Hi @JadeLauren 

Few Suggestions 

Countdown Timer: If you want to build a brand I would remove them. Think about it like this. If I land on your page today and come back tomorrow will the timer still be counting down from 58 minutes ? It doesn't help building a brand. If you don't want to build a brand leave them. 

Qty Remanding: The qty is over 5,000 items doesn't really add any urgency to buy. 

Overall there is some great things about the website. I will also email you a full review of the website now. So look out for that. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

1 Like
Trailblazer
371 22 92

Hi Jade Lauren,

Your Store looks pretty decent and quite impressive throughout. Though you can certainly improve on some UI and functional issues still store is amazing.
I have reviewed your website here are few pointers I want to mention to drive more sales.

1. Rather then using your company’s name get yourself a professional logo designed. This will add brand value to your store.
  2. You can add a favicon on the website ref this article from shopify here, it’s simple and will help strengthen your brand. It will help you to increase trust factor as well amongst your customers.
  3. The length of the first page is very short, try adding few more things like you can add another section of Frequently Bought/Clicked/Trending/Bestselling products on your home page.
  4. Rather then adding About Jade Lauren home in footer you can create 'About us page' and add this link in the Footer.
    It will provide more decent look to the Footer.
  5. You should add terms and condition, refund, shipping and privacy policy page, it’s good for SEO purpose in the footer.
    Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab.
    This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  6. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront.
    This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.
  7. The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it's empty  https://jadelaurenhome.com/search?q= . You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  8. Lastly, You have over 170 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
    Neha:)
Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Trailblazer
371 22 92

Thankyou for liking the feedback. Happy to help you.
Were you able to download sparq?, You can get it from here. Let me know if you need any help.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes

Hi @Ja 

Hope You Are Doing Good !!!

I am a big fan of simplicity, Debut is one of the simplest theme. With simple theme, proper identation is required. You need to follow some of the guidelines to make your website looks better :-

1)Sliders are one of the important part of any website, your sliders convey the exact structre of your website, they also should have CTA button which redirects to the given collection or category of that product. 

2)You also need to utilize your Home Page properly, you need to have certain number of collections on that page as well as products so that user can get the clear idea related to website. Before the development, you also need to refer the competitors like ebay, you can refer their strategy, they do the extreme research before development, they have the department associated with them. I am attaching the screenshot related to ebay https://prnt.sc/p43miw

3)Branding - Branding is one of the most important, you build online store because you want to build your own brand. For that proper Logo is required as well as Favicon. These two things are necessary, same logo would be required for social pages also. There are various free tool which you can use for designing of logo  https://hatchful.shopify.com/ 

Also in footer there is still powered by Shopify, you need to replace that with your company name. Doing that process is very simple, you need to go to theme, overthere click on edit code, find footer.liquid file, from there you can update that part.

4)Facebook Sales Channel- Your facebook sales channel is not connected properly. Once your sales channel would be connected, your follower might turn into buyer.

5)You may also try selling on marketplaces like Etsy, Walmart, Sears and eBay, overthere , set of audience already exist you can get the buyers straight away. Selling on these marketplace is very easy, you need to have integration app, these apps automatically uploads product to the marketplace, whenever merchant receives an order  that particular order would be created in Shopify Store, so this process is automated. 

I would recommend you the visit the page related to development of Shopify store, it will help you in redesigning. You may also schedule the one to one appointment with me by shooting an email on arpansrivastava@cedcommerce.com.

Regards

Arpan Srivastava
Store Analyst

Skype id-live:danbakker_2

Want to Increase your Sales on Shopify?
Now do connect with me on group also https://www.facebook.com/groups/Shopifysellershub/
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you Clayton, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am just getting started and just built my site about a month ago so this has been very helpful to get your insights on how I can improve the experience for my customer.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Neha,

Thank you for your review and for providing very clear and direct feedback. This was very helpful!

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Arpan, Thank you very much for your review and feedback. I am taking your bullets into consideration in updating my site.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
184 3 25

Hi ,

A few quick details that immediately popped out at me:

• Unclear favicon: use an easy to recognize favicon that clearly displays your brand. Here is an easy to follow guide to help you "Shopify "How To" 
  • Add a call to action button on your homepage: think "Shop Now" or similar concept to guide your clients where conversion magic happens
  • Add a delayed promotion pop up for deals & discounts: time it so your clients can see what your site is selling before the pop up occurs
  • Add a banner: this will help you to clearly display specials and or other important deals
  • Add an "About Us" page to clearly describe your brand - move your site current "about" section at the footer of your home page to its own landing page
  • Clearly display a Return Policy, Terms of Service, and Contact Page: this is very important for SEO and building client trust.
  • 3-5 pictures of each product is optimal variants require additional photos
  • Also, where applicable, pictures should show products being used by actual people and from multiple angles. Remember, make sure all variants have pictures that clearly display differences as well.
  • When I click to buy a product, there is a delay on the express checkout buttons appearing: Any delay or additional step increases the likelihood that your customers will leave your site.
  • Your product reviews appear problematic... There are multiple "red flags" that could easily turn away potential clients and lower client trust in your brand... 
  • Your products pages have a slow load time, this can negatively impact your Quality Score, lowering your search ranking. You might want to optimize your site to address this.

Beyond all those details, there's a good chance that your site isn't optimized for many of the behind the scenes SEO details. You really should consider trying out a Free store analyzer tool to double check your work. It'll notify you of the errors existing behind the scenes and SEO tweaks that would further improve your conversion rates.

Last bit, if you are advertising, you should post and/ or read a bit on the Shopify Ecommerce Marketing forum.  It could improve your site by helping you turn your 80-100 daily visitors into traffic that converts. With that in mind, I strongly suggest looking for an AI automated advertising App from the Shopify App store like this one. As more shops use similar services to target clients and outbid the competition, it will become increasingly important.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me. Annnnnnd, if I've been of help, please click "Like" below.

Best of luck with your site!

Smart advertising campaigns across Google and Facebook, using advanced AI technology. https://ecom.adscale.com/shopify
1 Like
Trailblazer
371 22 92

Thankyou for liking the feedback. Happy to help you.
Were you able to download sparq?, You can get it from here. Let me know if you need any help.

@JadeLauren wrote:

Hi Neha,

Thank you for your review and for providing very clear and direct feedback. This was very helpful!

0 Likes