Honest Feedback about my Shopify store.

4 0 0
Good afternoon everybody,
I'm here because I would like honest opinions and advice on my Shopify store. I currently started it 2 days ago, but for the moment I haven't had any sales. I'm running and testing different facebook (Instagram is included) ad campaigns with a budget of $5 dollars daily. I'm very curious and nervous because I got today 100 visitors to my shop today but nobody purchased anything and on my Facebook campaign I got a 4,421 of Reach and 185 Link clicks. I have a limited budget for this Shopify store but I do invest as much time to it and patience. Is it normal not to get any sales? Does it take a lot of time to get sales? I have installed all types of apps to improve the design and the legitness of my store but it still hasn't given me any sales but only visitors. Is 100 visitors to your store through Facebook ads good, normal or bad? The Products that I'm selling are Leggings and Overnight Leggings. Are they good items to sell? Does my store have a chance to become successful with these Items or with the design that I have added to my page? Here is the link to my Shopify store https://slimyourlegs.space/ and the name of it is Slim Your Legs. Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
4 0 0

Good afternoon everybody,

I'm here because I would like honest opinions and advice on my Shopify store. I currently started it 2 days ago, but for the moment I haven't had any sales. I'm running and testing different facebook (Instagram is included) ad campaigns with a budget of $5 dollars daily. I'm very curious and nervous because I got today 100 visitors to my shop today but nobody purchased anything and on my Facebook campaign I got a 4,421 of Reach and 185 Link clicks. I have a limited budget for this Shopify store but I do invest as much time to it and patience. Is it normal not to get any sales? Does it take a lot of time to get sales? I have installed all types of apps to improve the design and the legitness of my store but it still hasn't given me any sales but only visitors. Is 100 visitors to your store through Facebook ads good, normal or bad? The Products that I'm selling are Leggings and Overnight Leggings. Are they good items to sell? Does my store have a chance to become successful with these Items or with the design that I have added to my page? Here is the link to my Shopify store https://slimyourlegs.space/ and the name of it is Slim Your Legs. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Tourist
9 1 2

Hi @SlimYourLegs 

First of all - you have a great idea for a shop! Kudos!

Here are my feedback points:

1. There are too many "pop ups" when a user is entering the store - A chat with us bot on the right, a pop up window for newsletter registration on the left, a language picker up and a currency picker down. I think the last 3 mentioned should be a little less "loud".

2. Why do you have a Welcome to our store bar behind the free shipping bar?

3. When a user is at the cart page (https://slimyourlegs.space/cart), updating an item quantity does not change the price that is shown, only after clicking the 'Update Cart' button. This is a lack feature of the theme your'e using, and I think it can be solved using an App. Simply search for it on the Shopify App Store.

Good luck and keep up the good job!

1 Like
4 0 0

Thanks for your opinion, I will fix the errors to accommodate mobile user experience to be better. <3

0 Likes
7 0 1

I just had a look at your store,

it looks really good, very professional. i cant believe you managed all this in two days!! i'm very new to this as well.

I've been studying a lot of direct response copy writing, a couple of things you might want to try are some special offers (see uk.gymshark.com for ideas), can you offer discounts, or maybe a free gift with every purchase? i love the ticking clock on the product page, can you have it on the home page as well? (buy now 4.59 58 57......and receive this very special offer) . Also could you have before and after pictures showing real results how people have been helped? at the bottom of the home page you could do with some testimonials from happy customers. 

Another small point is that you only have pictures of perfect looking girls, maybe you could have pictures of different age groups and sizes. You also really need a lot more content on the features and benefits of the products on the home page, the Google algorithm for search engine optimization is so advanced now it reads your content and matches it to very specific key words. also maybe have an about us page. 

i hope I've been able to help a little, i think its just going to take time, you'll get there.

regards

Stuart

1 Like

How much money are you going to waste ? 

Hi @SlimYourLegs 

The question you should be asking yourself is ....... are you in this for the long run or just trying to make a quick buck ? You have countdown timers that I'm assuming are always on your products ? I could be wrong here but if that is the case you will most likely never brand doing this. 

Paid Marketing 

As for ads there is really know point right now. Until you can work out what is wrong with your website and who your target audience is you have nearly know hope of making paid marketing work. There is plenty of organic (free) marketing things you could do first to get those first couple of sales. Also a good app to use is "Lucky Orange" this has heat mapping software and records what your visitors are doing on your website. This will give you a better understand of whats going wrong. 

Here is some articles and videos I did that might give you some tips HERE or https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/blogs/shopify

Overall you have done a pretty good job. I like how much effort you put into your product descriptions. Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

1 Like
4 0 0

Thanks a lot for your opinion. <3

0 Likes

Dear SlimYourLegs,

Congratulations for your store.

Hope Few suggestions will help you:

1. Optimize your page loading speed for Mobile

2. Need to work on store structure

3. Try to increase your brand value with social media

4. For Ads: Do dynamic remarketing ,use custom affinity audiences, A/B testing your ads copy.

5. If you have real e-mail ids and they gave you permission to send product mail then do e-mail marketing

There are other areas you need to work. Need help please meet our expert here: https://www.mswebdesigner.com/products/store-setup-guidance

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer

Official Shopify Experts & Partner

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
0 Likes

Hi There,

You need to work on the header of the website and look into how can a customer get a direct view and access to the product. You website header has two parts one is the first header having shipping and welcome message and second with logo and menu items. Both are having a broad view which is pushing other part of the home page below the fold. 

As you only have 8 products you can also show them on the hover of Shop Now which will lead visitors to add the product to the cart.

Also, have social media pages link from a website with a sharing feature on the product detail page. You need to work on the theme look and feel as the theme is not properly aligned.

- We will make your website work.
- Conversion optimization, usability testing, analytics.
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
Email: info@wiriyatechnology.com
0 Likes
Astronaut
749 46 170

Hey Slimyourlegs,

Any ecommerce store does not render sales until and unless we maintain it properly.No ecommerce store can become an ultimate hit in the starting. But we need to optimize things from time to time to maintain sales and conversion rates. Whatever the product may be, you need to be somehow different to grab customer attention. Getting views, surely means visitors are interested to buy from your store, however they might not have found your store appealing, though it's a gem of a store still surely, you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. Favicon is missing.
  2. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce. 
  3. Would love to see some social connectivity on the site footer.
  4. I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
  5. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

May the feedback help in store optimization and bring more and more conversions.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like