Honest Feedback on my store - about to start marketing

AidanABrooks
1 0 0
Nostromo504
Tourist
9 0 4

Hey there,

I think the problem is the product line. I could buy your tophouse pet carrier bag directly from Aliexpress for half the price. Also, the contact email is a free gmail account. It's hard for me to take an ecommerce business seriously if they can't invest in a professional email account.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
829 94 152

Hi @AidanABrooks,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Welcome to the platform and congratulations! You've done a great job. I have some feedback to give in the interest of making it the absolute best it can be. For starters, I'd recommend not repeating content on your site. This could negatively impact your SEO (more on that here) and lead to Google penalizing you in terms of search rankings:

20-10-2ocra-co2la

You may also want to give your About Us page a little more of your story! Check out some great examples of About pages here:

27-05-45alc-o75kx

Life is Good show the backstory behind their brand, their history and lets their customers know who they are! They also show their mission statement to be uplifting and positive whilst encouraging their customers to engage with them on social media using the hashtag thisisoptimism.

27-19-3v0rr-6qyp4

Johnny Cupcakes shows the roots of his brand and what drove him to create it. This personal story about seeing his parents struggle inspiring him to be an entrepreneur and his own struggle with learning difficulties speaks to his audience.

Then you will want to think about your content strategy. There's more about what that is here.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
894 24 277

Hi @AidanABrooks !

The items in your store are more on an expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way,  letting your customers know that you care about them.

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
688 83 226

Hello @AidanABrooks,

We've reviewed your store in this video:

We hope you found our feedback helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us, all of our contact information is in our signature :).

0 Likes

Nicely designed store. You will probably use online social media marketing to drive awareness and traffic. This will be a good start for more visits but if you also want to consider mail-in marketing to promote your brand simultaneously you may want to look at this post. Good luck.

Hygidots

Hygidots
0 Likes