Honest Website Suggestions From Successful Business Owners

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi

My website is 3 weeks old and Ive achieved 1 x $49 sale from 800 visitors. Most traffic had come from google ads so I believe the traffic to be genuine as I've successfully grown previous service business using the same formula. This is my first foray into e-commerce so I've got my website up and running, now Im busy tweaking it daily. I'm also wanting my homepage to shop product link button (orange) have a grey border with a slight glow to make it look more like a professional button, but don't know how to do this.  

Initial feedback on my store would be greatly appreciated.

www.healthysockshop.com

Thank You

Ash

1 Like
Highlighted

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Move the sizing chart off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

2. I would redesign the layout of your product page as it's disorganized right now. I would make sure you have Product Title, Costs, Size/Colour Selection, Add To Cart button and then Product Description as the order of your product page information. Anything else needs to be put somewhere else on the product page...the above layout is what people expect

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

4. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

5. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions and the same style/brand. This is going to help tie your site together

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
207 35 132

Hey there,  @Ash271!

First of all, congrats on your store! While the sales may not be where you want it to be, you’ve done a great job on your store thus far. I can tell you’ve put a ton of effort into it.

Homepage
I like that you have compression socks shown in your hero image and that it’s static. Kudos for also having a CTA! 

My biggest concern with the CTA is that when I click on it, I go to the product page. Once there, a pop-up shows that to get that 15% off I need to enter my email address. I can’t imagine a customer clicking on a CTA for 15% only to then have to give an email address to actually get it.

Watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to see how those visitors are reacting to it. I would guess many are closing it without giving you their email address.

Anyway, back to the homepage!

For banner, I would change a few things:

• Link it! Use heatmaps to see where people click, and I would bet that people are clicking on it. 
  • “Mainland USA” isn’t a common term I would suggest using. For one, you’ve only had one order. Unless you see a surge in orders from Hawaii or Alaska, defining “mainland” isn’t necessary. Additionally, consider opening it up to free shipping for US orders over $49. Launch a poll to see if people are more interested in free shipping or free same day shipping. 

I really like the layout of your homepage. I would change the “Some of our designs…” to Popular designs” to “Best Sellers.” Add some oomph to it!

For your footer:

• Link your email address
  • Add more value to your newsletter subscription. Invite them to join your community, get tips or maybe a 10% off discount for their next purchase.
  • Make sure your social media links in a new tab.

Navigation
I would suggest using heatmaps to see which areas of the main navigation get the most clicks from mobile or desktop traffic. Without knowing your audience, I don’t know which one is more prevalent. For example, your Latest News Blog may be able to go to the footer as well as the About Us page. 

Going into your Sock Shop, I would clean up your filters. This list isn’t helping customers find their socks:

HealthySockShop.png

Instead, try filters for size, color, pattern, price, etc. 

If you don’t know how people are navigating through your store, watch session recordings. It’s always helpful to watch real visitors click around and navigate through your store, but it’s usually not the way you thought they would. 

Now, going into your product page, I have a few suggestions:

• Don’t leave shipping costs to the checkout. Reiterate that there’s free shipping for US-based orders, and link to shipping costs for international orders.
  • Elaborate on your sizing chart, which may be better suited linked on its own page rather than just included on the page as-is. It’s kind of confusing. If someone is new to compression socks, would they know what an arch circumference is? 
  • Don’t forget reviews! Add a request in your purchase confirmation emails.

Customer Communication
I love that you have a product page! A few things:

• Link your email address
  • Add in your phone number; people are more likely to email or call than send you a letter
  • Include a basic message form with name, email address and message. That’s all you need.

You would really also benefit from a live chat. Even if you’re just one person, you can still utilize live chat to connect and engage with customers while they are still on your website.

To sum it up, you have a great start to a store here. I can’t wait to see how it evolves! Visitor behavior is going to make a huge difference in helping lead those tweaks so it’s not just you guessing what isn’t working. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi Duane

Thank you so much for looking over my website. You have given me very constructive advice. I'm working on my product page as we speak and I truly appreciate your help.

Thank You

Ash

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi Danny

Thank you for your detailed reply...this is truly appreciated!

I have already implemented many of your suggestions. In addition, can I ask:

1 - For the banner link suggestion. Should I link this to the products page where I have same day shipping or, did you mean to my shipping policy?

2 - On my CTA. I just set this up today as I didn't want to upset google with having a coupon pop up on my homepage. I know they are pretty strict with this. I would like to gain visitors email addresses and thought my CTA would be a good way to go about this but you think otherwise. Should I take the CTA off the homepage altogether and direct my google ppc ads direct to the product page where the coupon pop up shows or, show the coupon pop up on the homepage after 10secs?

3 - How do I make my footer socials link to a 'new tab?'

4 - Regarding 'live chat'. I also have another service business which takes up most of my time (when I'm allowed to reopen), so I'm not sure how I can do this. Do you think a chatbot would work for now?

5 - Personally, I don't think I have many products for sale however, do you think this is still ok for now until I can grow and invest in more?

Again, I truly appreciate your time and suggestions.

Thank You

Ash

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1958 123 434

Hey Healthy Sock Shop,

Keep the below-listed points in mind for optimizing your store:

• "Home button" should be added to the header menu beginning as it is quite essential for easy site navigation.
  • "Instagram Gallery" should be added near the footer for better brand promotion.
  • For an even more effective sales rate, you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit . Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here

Wishing you all the luck for your further store journey.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi Neha

Thank you so much for your reply.

I will review your suggestions and apps over the coming days.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks Again

Ash

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 434

The pleasure is mine! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes