Honest feedback and criticism

RecoFirst
1 0 0

Hello everyone !

My name is Anthony and I just finished creating my very first store 2 days ago ! It is a total new experiences and had to learn it all by myself but I am very proud of the journey and the learning process ! If you'd like I would really appreciate some honest feedbacks on my store. So far I haven't land my first sales despite having ads running on FB (they might be unefficient tbh) 

My store is https://recofirst.com 

Please be honest and help me get better thanks !

0 Likes

Dear RecoFirst,

Congratulations for your store!

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

• Add favicon and Improve your logo
  • Add Custom search - Customize the search icon with a toggle effect so the search form slides out when user clicks on the icon. Makes your site look neat
  • Add Custom Slider with Call to Action - Make your site more visually appealing when you add your products in an interactive slider with prompt call to action.
  • Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 17-25 

recofirstspeed.png

• Add Social Profiles at Footer
  • Add Trust Badge
  • Add Testimonials at homepage
  • Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Product page layout needs to improve.Example of Ideal Product Page
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
  • Do some On page SEO

If you need help, Please contact us

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
854 21 250

Hi @RecoFirst !

1. Add a favicon

2. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

3. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

4. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

5. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.

6. The items in your store are more on an expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way,  letting your customers know that you care about them. 

7. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility. Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes

Hi @RecoFirst,

I just had a look at your store. It is quite good. I have noticed a few minor things that you might consider taking to make your store even better.

Fixed Header:  To give a better navigation experience to the user you can create sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and are visible even when you scroll down. Also, add favicon on the store.

Web-Fonts: Ensure text is user-visible while web fonts are loading. Choose a font that is easier to read even from further away.

Store Speed: You need to work on your website speed as I am seeing it is very low. Its only 17%. It should be atleast 65-70. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.

Product page: Good to see you have provided a detailed product description to users it creates a better understanding of the product. Also, Add Covid-19 delivery note, availability of the items and, include some trust indicators.

Show Off Trust Signals and Customer Testimonials to boost conversion: Customer testimonials and trust Signals build customers trust and help customers to feel more secure in their buying decision. 

Add Write a Review Section: This is a great way to win customer trust by providing them authentic reviews of the product so add ‘write a review section’ on your website and display it with the aggregate rating. 

Scroll Back to Top Button: When we scroll down to the homepage there is no way to go up to the home page until we scroll up to the menu. You can create a 'scroll top button', to take a user at the top of the website to improve your website’s overall user experience.

Social Media: Integrating social plugins on your website to increase traffic. Create social media pages of your business it helps to reach more customers. Social media makes your business visible and it expands conversion such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are great platforms for marketing and connecting with your new and existing users.

Facebook Ads: Facebook is a very visual platform and you need to make sure that your ads are good at catching the eyes of your custom audience. You can tell that your ad creative is performing poorly if your ad has a low CTR. The average CTR on Facebook is 0.9%. Facebook ads can be a great way to increase traffic numbers for your website. However, if you have yet to see an adequate return on investment, it may just be that you’re making some common mistakes leading up to getting your custom audience to your landing page.

I hope you like it!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes

Hi @RecoFirst ,

Congratulations on your store and welcome to Shopify

I think its a great start and on visiting your site all your hard work is visible. Kudos on that. There are a few things I noticed and you might want to have a look on them.

1. Brand Logo: It's very important to have a brand logo along with the brand name. An attractive logo increases the customer's recall and is pretty useful as the visual signs are retained for long.

2. Homepage: I currently think the way the information on the site is overwhelming. A lot of the customers will not read through so much of information. 

3. Landing Page and Image Quality: As soon as the customers land on the homepage, the customized carousel seems to big. I think you might improve the carousel and image quality of the content that you are showcasing on the site.

4. Product Catalog: Right now there are not many products on your catalog. You might partner with some other shops to provide complementary products and offer them as part of your catalog.

Lastly, I would recommend you to have a look at product labels and stickers from ModeMagic, that will help you attract more customers by communicating to them your messages such as sale,discounts,customer favorites,coming soon etc. on product images itself. You can also decide the position for your product labels on your product images. You also have an option for making your own stickers using "Make Custom Sticker".

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Shikha

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic|Product Labels

Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes