Honest feedback wanted on my sunglasses store and brands: VAIN & Woodglass

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 5

Hello Shopify community,

Introduction

My name is Ewald and I have been working on two new sunglasses brands called VAIN & Woodglass and this is my first time starting up a business.

The brands

VAIN & Woodglass strive to achieve for zero carbon-footprint sunglasses in the near future (Cannot conclude we are fully carbon free yet). Focusing on fashion sunglasses with the brand VAIN. Woodglass is quite unique and is a reproduction of wood (it's actually acetate).

Charity

We also support a charity which you may know already: justdiggit.org, that performs large scale landscape restoration in Kenya & Tanzania.

The store

I'm very proud of what has come so far, but I'm realistic and know there's alot lacking and I am asking for feedback.

The stores url: https://vain.store/

The store is live now for almost 2 weeks and a few friends that I gave some sunglasses have posted reviews that I use as testimonials. I have not spend a dime on adds yet, will start this in the coming weeks. I've got a whole strategy ready for the coming months, but will save that for now.

The feedback requested

Specifically feedback on user experience factors but feel free to give feedback on anything:

• First impressions
  • Overall lay-out & colors
  • Website speed (would be good if you can supply info about your connection aswell)
  • Logic path through webshop
  • Images quality
  • What's missing

I'm also looking for someone that is good with page loadspeed optimization

I hope some of you are willing to help me with some feedback!

Thanks in advance, and greetings from the Netherlands,

Ewald

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
223 9 27
  • First impressions:
    • Looks like a quality new brand, with good prices and a lot of potential.
  • Overall lay-out & colors
    • I'd flip the color scheme to make the base of the theme black and the text on it white.
  • Website speed (would be good if you can supply info about your connection aswell)
    • Works great for me.
  • Logic path through webshop
    • Can you explain further?
  • Images quality
    • Looks good. Are those taken by a professional team?
  • What's missing
    • A few subscription pop ups, to my opinion.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 5

Thanks for the feedback.

• I've actually switched from white on black to this before. Still not sure about what is best, but this seems save for now thanks for noting i'll keep it in the back of my head.
  • The logic path
    • How you scroll through the pages, if the content is logic and if it's leading you to the right items.
  • Images are done by myself. I do see some imperfections that I will fix later on, but they are good for now.
  • Trying to figure klaviyo out for my subscription pop-up as we speak! :D
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1208 60 359

Hi Ewald,

Congratulations on the business - you have got a passion for your brand which shows on the website, so it will be very easy for you to convert. I like the little touches, like the face shapes that the sunglasses will suit - very thoughtful and counts towards conversion.

First impression and the flow is excellent - you've done really good job. Now it's time to get traffic and the momentum going!

Highlighted

Hi Ewald

Here are some feedback for your store. It really well put together and at this point, you need to start testing out traffic and seeing what converts.

Homepage Feedback

1. The opening image of sunglasses on the rocks is great but maybe the sunglasses should be higher... they are touching bottom of my 13" MacBook pro and it took me a few seconds to find the product in the image

2. Add links to your footer for about us, return/refund, contact us, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

3. Having another option or two beyond Best Sellers and New Arrivals would be great for collections. Make it easier to find what I want. Feels like more then 30 SKU when I hit the two current collection pages

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Sunglasses Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great. The key is writing addition copy to go with the product and sell me on buying it. Think like a ad magazine writer

5. I don't have any feedback on the product page as it's solid looking as the site loaded fast and the images are great.

6. I would consider looking at Instagram as one of your ad channels for marketing this. I think the product would do well on it in the Netherlands.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes