Honest feedback

Solved
Jenny92
Tourist
7 0 4

Dear all,

I have already posted our website a few weeks earlier and we have received lots of valuable feedback that we immediately turned into action.

Right now, the website looks like this:

https://infinitydanceclothing.com/

As you can guess, we are struggling to make sales. We have had some sales, but very few, and for the work we have put into Ads and Social Media, we get too little sales. It is a little bit depressing to work so much and have little to no outcome.

We would be very grateful to receive feedback from experts here. Where could be the problem? I think we ourselves are probably blind to the mistakes we may have made.

Thank you in advance.

Jenny

0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
499 10 86

Hi @Jenny92 ( Ms. Jenny ) 

I am Vinod from Bombay India. Providing professional website design and development Google and Bing Ads Email Marketing and conversion rate optimization services to clients across globe.

I saw your store. Great store good products. Below is my feedback 

When I go to product details page example I saw women's tees the size chart is on too of the page which is overlapping the menu on the left I checked this on mobile. 

Are your clothing products pre shrunk ? Specially the cotton clothes. 

Mention on product pages of clothing If product is 100% cotton or 90% cotton and 10% other material like spandex etc 

It's not mentioned on all clothing products like joggers. 

Use icons of organic cotton free shipping etc in footer area of the website as well as product details page.

I would suggest first try to ship in Europe only also source the products from EU vendors only this will have less shipping time. 

When I saw a product woman's tee I saw that 

The size S of color black is manufactured in the US and is shipped from the US. Please be aware that you may have to pay customs duties.

Go step by step rather than shipping from different ware houses capture local eu market first. 

I think you need to first think the local target market rather than jumping worldwide initially as well as inventory too. 

Pause all ur paid marketing campaigns.

If you are available for a call or email further discussion about the website let me know I will also email you a free website audit report and would love to grow your sales vis digital channels. 

Thank you. 

Vinod.

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
Jenny92
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi Vinod!

thank you for your feedback.

Regarding the size chart on mobile - yes, I agree, we do have this problem, but only on mobile. On desktop, the size chart is displayed on the right side middle. But yes, I understand we need to change that for mobile. However, this size chart is a shopify app that we installed on our store and there does not seem to be a possibilit to move it elsewhere... but I will try and contact the app support team, maybe we can do something  about it.

Yeah, we forgot to mention the materials on the joggers product page. Thank you for mentioning. I will check all other products.

"Use icons of organic cotton free shipping etc in footer area" - not all of our products are made from organic cotton, e.g. the joggers are made from "normal" cotton, also the leggings are not made from organic materials...also free shipping is only from 50 €. So, I do not know if that's a good idea to add icons, if only maybe 30% of our products are organic. But I could try to find "eco-friendly" and/or "sustainable" icons, because that suits our store more. All our products are made sustainably.

Regarding worldwide vs. EU shipping, yes initially we had in mind to ship only within EU, however, we saw that we had a lot of visitors from the US, and then we decided to expand our shipping area to worldwide. However, our 3rd party fulfilment partner does have production facilities distributed all over the world (including the US, Australia, Japan etc). The reason why we decided to ship within EU only initially, was more for tax reasons.

Thanks again for your feedback. I will come back to you via e-mail. Can you give us your e-mail?

Best regards,

Jenny

0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
499 10 86

Hi Jenny

Please see my revert below

Regarding the size chart on mobile - yes, I agree, we do have this problem, but only on mobile. On desktop, the size chart is displayed on the right side middle. But yes, I understand we need to change that for mobile. However, this size chart is a shopify app that we installed on our store and there does not seem to be a possibilit to move it elsewhere... but I will try and contact the app support team, maybe we can do something about it.

- vinod - we can fix that. keep in mind majorly people browse and shop from mobile.

Yeah, we forgot to mention the materials on the joggers product page. Thank you for mentioning. I will check all other products.

- vinod - ok pls add that info.

"Use icons of organic cotton free shipping etc in footer area" - not all of our products are made from organic cotton, e.g. the joggers are made from "normal" cotton, also the leggings are not made from organic materials...also free shipping is only from 50 €. So, I do not know if that's a good idea to add icons, if only maybe 30% of our products are organic. But I could try to find "eco-friendly" and/or "sustainable" icons, because that suits our store more. All our products are made sustainably.

vinod - thats fine - footer area in generic you can keep all icons in footer - and on product details page let the icons be for that particular product only. icons help a lot. provide free shipping for all orders it helps too add the price of product little high.

Regarding worldwide vs. EU shipping, yes initially we had in mind to ship only within EU, however, we saw that we had a lot of visitors from the US, and then we decided to expand our shipping area to worldwide. However, our 3rd party fulfilment partner does have production facilities distributed all over the world (including the US, Australia, Japan etc). The reason why we decided to ship within EU only initially, was more for tax reasons.

vinod - shop for EU only as of now i understand about dropshipping but the product is one in EU another in USA does not make sense. correct

Thanks again for your feedback. I will come back to you via e-mail. Can you give us your e-mail?

vinod - my email  - vinod@digitalcentrics.com and vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3746 214 667

Hello @Jenny92, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions:

- The viewport is too small. You need to work on the viewport.

Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase. All-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion has great automated exit-intent popups with pre-built designs & templates.

- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. For web push notifications, you can install AiTrillion.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Jenny92
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi!

You mean with viewport the font of collections, men, women etc.?

Viewport.PNG

Thank you for your other recommendations!

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3746 214 667

Hello @Jenny92 Viewport is the visible area of a webpage on a display device. While scrolling the page, the view or the visible area on the screen looks too small.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Ali-92
Trailblazer
130 9 47

Hi @Jenny92 

The navigation buttons section above the header is a little wider I think. At the first glance, I am unable to see the complete banner. Here is my screen view.

Ali-92_0-1607940747549.png

Even when you are scrolling down, the white space of navigation seems a lot

Ali-92_1-1607941660764.png

From a marketing perspective, I would suggest adding an incentive-based exit intent pop-up mechanism, especially during holiday times. I would recommend you Wheelify by Care Cart that engages the user into a spin a wheel game to give a discount code on products. 

Moreover, add social proof to your store as well. Show live traffic on the counter to boost buyers' confidence, create a sense of urgency by running stock countdown, and show recent sales notifications to the potential buyers as well. For this, I would recommend you Sales Pop up and Trafficly from Care Cart. These tactics will help you in boosting sales for the holiday season particularly.

Shopify Marketing Solutions: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/care-cart
Jenny92
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi !!

Thank you for the feedback!

Oh, I haven't seen that! How can I adapt and solve the banner problem, do you know? 

thanks for your other suggestions. I will add some of these apps.

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1001 136 327

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Jenny92,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback. I want you to succeed so here is my honest feedback..

Clothing is a very saturated market. With things like leggings, sports bras, swimwear and etc. there are already large, well-known companies offering this same thing. When a person is searching for this type of product in Google, these big companies are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who makes these locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. For you guys, you are a dance couple, you know what makes great dance clothing. You are also write that your products are made to order, responsibly produced and high quality.

Here is what I'd suggest:

1. I think you can improve that first impression on your website. I would recommend having your logo tweaked, you can get this done very inexpensively from Fiverr.

2. I personally am not a fan of the wheel that keeps popping out or the "So and so bought this product", I would recommend removing them.

infinity-home.png

3. If it's in the budget, I would recommend some tweaks to your homepage. (This is one of our prizes, so make sure to enter!)

4. Tweak your SEO. I can tell there has been some work done there which is great but a common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

4. Instead of running ads, I'd recommend a different marketing route. TikTok is known for dancing, I'd get on there today and start recording yourself participating in these trending dances. Wear a new outfit that you sell in every video with a link back to your store in your profile. Those TikToks can be connected and shared to your IG account as well. You may also want to consider reaching out to dance TikTok influencers or Instagram influencers about a brand deal - send them some product to wear in a video with a shout-out to your store. 
Have fun with the marketing, do IG Reels, do TikTok, create your own dances, teach a dance move and etc. If you put out great content that appeals to your target audience, you are going to get noticed.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook