Honest review of my store

Solved
ourhomekitchen
Excursionist
12 0 3

Please can people review my store and give their honest feedback! Feel free to be as picky as you like :)

Password: neidot

Thanks!

0 Likes
Sajay
Shopify Partner
140 16 47

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @ourhomekitchen team,

Congrats on your new store, and I hope you're thriving and staying safe through this CoVid crisis.

Your store looks good on the first look. Since you’ve asked for honest feedback, I’m going one level deeper to critique. Here are a few quick changes I think might help:

1. Favicon Visibility: The icon which shows up in the browser tab when I open the store is not very visible. Try updating the size/colors so that it is easily identifiable.
  2. Logo on the home page: Your logo is the main identifier of your brand. It will be responsible for recall in users memory. On your home page, I felt the logo was slightly off, in terms of image quality, or maybe it doesn’t stand out because of the color. Trying polishing it up! You can experiment with the font, it’s thickness, or the colors in some way.
  3. About us - You’ve given a nice explanation about your company ideals. I'd say add a human factor to it by talking about the people as well - the team and why you started.
  4. Social Media - Both your pages didn’t have any posts on it. In case someone checks them out, seeing activity and regular posting increases the trust of your store. To start off, maybe just put your product images as posts - but put up something!
  5. It's all about the product listing. How about highlighting some kind of urgency or offers etc. on your product images? Apps like ModeMagic help you to get more sales by applying product labels to create urgency and #fomo in your shoppers. This helps convert them into buyers faster. I saw one of your products with a "sale" label on it, but it isn't standing out enough! Labels are a good way to make them stand out. (full disclosure: I’m a part of the Modemagic team. I believe it could really help you!)
  6. Another thing I noticed about the product listing. All of your product images have different backgrounds. Make your backgrounds consistent to give an overall more cohesive and professional look to your store. How your product looks in the listing is the only interaction users have with it - make sure it is in top shape!

I hope this advice helps. Do let me know how it goes!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
chaicoffee
Shopify Partner
5 2 5

This is an accepted solution.

Hi ourhomekitchen,

Honestly, good work on the store! It looks pretty neat already and I only have a couple of minor suggestions.

1. You're already using sale badges to create urgency. I think you should make those stand out a bit more with more bold colors.
  2. You should invest in good visuals for the images in the top slider. You can really make your store stand out with the images there.
  3. I'd suggest removing the captcha for now in the newsletter signup. It's an added step which will lead to dropoffs. Atleast when starting off you shouldn't worry about spam emails much.

All the best with the store. You have a pretty good start!

chaicoffee | ModeMagic - Product Badges to Increase Sales
If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
ourhomekitchen
Excursionist
12 0 3

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback, it is very much appreciated. I will definitely be taking these points on board!

0 Likes
Aviral
4 0 0

Hi, This Aviral here, can you please give a review to my store as well, your tips seem very accurate and correct.

Store : https://petcare-forever.com

0 Likes
Aviral
4 0 0

Hi, This Aviral here, can you please give a review to my store as well, your tips seem very accurate and correct.

Store : https://petcare-forever.com

0 Likes