I recently started my store, Designs by Aiden, which sells apparel and accessories, and I am wondering how I should go about marketing to increase my sales. My store has been running for about a week now, and has had 337 sessions with 297 unique visitors, but only 5 sales. I have spent $50 on Snapchat ads, as well as $20 on Facebook ads, but have had no sales from either of these platforms. How could I improve my marketing strategy, website, or products to increase sales?
I would suggest adding more to the design of the website, navigation and product collection organization, a social media presence, and some cohesive branding.
Hey @afrevert (Aiden)
You have a good looking site and a product range that is clearly influenced by personal experiences (Kansas, Italy, US etc.). To have gotten 5 sales from those visitor number is quite good. My first question would be have you collected reviews from those customers yet, and if not, why not? This is the best thing you can do is to get existing customers to market the business for you. At Syntellio, this is exactly what we help with to put a resilient strategy and approach around getting and learning from customer reviews.
It's good that you have an 'about' section but I would use it more to talk about your inspirations for your product range, why that is important to you etc.
As far as marketing goes, given you have some niches identified (Kansas, Italy and Americans in Italy), I would focus on FB ads and narrow down on these areas of interest or people with these backgrounds and reach out to them. Your customer cost of acquisition will be lower and you will have higher conversions.
Hope this helps.
Hey Designs By Aiden,
The search bar should be placed on the top right of the header in horizontal alignment with the logo instead of the top left. The cart should also be placed downwards in the white background in horizontal alignment with the logo instead of being placed over the header template. Other essential modifications to be done are as follows:
May the store optimization improve the sales and conversion rate to a great extent.
Hello @afrevert , It's great that you got sales. Here are some suggestions on how you can increase conversions.
1. Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this.
-Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) I would only use 4
-Newsletter sign up box
Marketing strategies which will help you to increase conversions and retain your customers for the long term.
1. Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.
2. Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It's a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
3. You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.
4. Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
5. You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.
These are some marketing strategies that plays an essential role for eCommerce stores.
If you would like to implement all these features to maximize engagement and conversions on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is 'All in One' Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
I saw your website.
Here are some things that you should add to your website for more improvement.
See your website looks good, well managed and seems it's taken lots of work to make it.
You should improve the quality of the content written on your website. Although your products are very good the description is written for them are not to the point, not effective and also seems low with SEO techniques.
As you have likely to know that a good product description can increase customer trust by 173%.
For this, I suggest you use to Descrii app. It's an auto description generator app .The description generated by descrii is to the point, very effective and even high with SEO keywords .That will automatically increase website traffic and sales.
Hope my information will help you.