How To Turn 1000 Visits Into My 1st Sale

Highlighted
1 0 0

We have recently opened our website on February 7th of 2020. The sales we obtained were through family and friends, which was nice, and through our google analytics we seen so far we have driven 800 users to our site. We're working on our site to obtain our 1st traffic into conversion sale before, or once we hit 1000 users. I'm guessing we need to drive more traffic to understand if we're driving the right traffic to our site, or if customer doesn't like the product. The site name is theiridebrand.com and would greatly appreciate anyone's feedback on our site and if our product is appealing? Please honest opinions.

After your comment leave your website name and I will provide feedback as well. Let's help each other grow our businesses!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1432 89 306

Hey The Iride Brand,

The numbers clearly indicate that the visitors are interested. However, for your first sale, you need to work on some flaws which are present in your store as mentioned below:

1. Favicon is barely visible, which makes the site identification quite tough. Make it bolder by adding an impression of black color which will make it more identifiable.
  2. Instead of being a part of the Shop section, "Sale" should be included seperately in the main menu.
  3. Header template should highlight attractive discounts or free shipping offers if any.
  4. Multiple newsletters are not desirable on the homepage. Only a single newsletter in the footer is required for the latest discounts and promotional updates.
  5. Product reviews below each item are a must for better customer choice.
  6. For better brand awareness and promotion, Testimonials and Instagram images should be added.
  7. You should add Terms and Conditions like Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, Shipping, Returns etc as these also help in building search engine content. 
  8. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  9. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May the future bring a lot of fortune and good luck for you.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
229 22 88

Hi @Theiridebrand 

Great hero banner, it gives an impression of dynamic luxurious streetwear, however, once you slide down a little, the homepage looks empty and unfinished. 

Here are some tips that might help you improve: 

First, you have to be aware that selling T-shirts is not unique. Roughly saying, probably 15% of Shopify stores sell in that exact same niche. Be ready to face lots of competitors,  Make sure you work on your business plan and understand for yourself why a person has to buy a T-shirt for 15 bucks instead of going to local Target? Once you have that set, let people know as well. Highlight your advantages and why it is the best thing a person can find online. 

When you have that, you can adjust your site to that. 

1. The very first thing you want is a positive user experience. For that, make your site user -friendly, add some tools to ease the process of purchase. 

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing foe a company is the customers:) 

Add reviews to create social proof on your site. I would love to read other people's opinion on the product before paying for it. 

Use Growave for Reviews and Social Login for free:) 

2 Think about the prices. 

I think you understand that there are brands that sell T-shirt for 5 bucks. Find something that distinguishes your brand from them. Also, consider adding a bigger variety of clothing, such as baseball shirts or baggy T-shirts, something that is trendy now. 

3 Use navigation bar to give your visitors quick access to essential links. If you want to keep it clean then implement it in drop down version.

Note: Add Terms of use, Privacy and Shipping  Policy. (Maybe you have one, I could have missed it)

Hopefully, I managed to help you, if so please let me know by liking this post. 

I wish you the best of luck! 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Explorer
43 3 11

Hi @Theiridebrand ,

I had quick look at your website and can see that the design is wonderful. Also the collection of the products is too good.

Here are some suggestions that you can consider :

1. I think Favicon is transparent as It's not visible when the website is in Browser's Active tab  but as soon as tab is switched the favicon shows up. You can make Favicon opaque so that it can be visible  :)

2. Add information about shipping, refund and privacy policies, which are all very important to have and increase trust with shoppers.

3. You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app. 

You can read more about our app here. And also see some of our display widgets in action on our demo site.

I hope above points helps :)

Kind regards,

Yusuf | HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
945 46 135

@Theiridebrand, Here is the feedback for your store:-

1. Add a header menu. It seems to be missing. 

2. Add quick links which include a privacy policy, shipping policy, refund policy. 

3. Make your store easy to navigate

4. Provide contact information throughout the website.

5. Increase the engagement on your store. If your store is engaging then it will help you to convert the traffic into paying customers. You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

6. You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store.  It helps in increasing sales.

7. Also, add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not on your store and bring back losing the customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

8. Start a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.

If you would like to implement all these features to maximize engagement and conversions on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is 'All in One' Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
109 3 4

Hi, Theirdebrand,

This is Song Fei from Abandoned Cart Web Push Team. I think our app can help you with this problem.

You may recall how many times you visit a website,add products into the cart, and then leave the website. Yes. abandoned cart has always been a headache for most Shopify merchants. Web push notification- a great retargeting methods is able to solve this problem and turn these abandoned carts into revenue. Help Shopify store owner recapture the lost sales and increase the conversion rate.

With our app, you are able to include discount info in your webpush message to your subscribers. They will be seeing a discount popup (discount widget) in your website after they clicked on the web push. They can copy the discount code from the pop-up and to use it to checkout right away. You can test different incentive offers/promotions to your subscribers to see which one can generate the highest conversion rate.

You can find more instuction here: https://apps.shopify.com/abandoned-cart-web-push?utm_source=shopify&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=so...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 1 5

Hi @Theiridebrand!

First, let me say, that your store looks neat and modern, it is well optimized for mobile devices and the photos of your products are clear and professionally-taken. Great job :)

Some things you could consider trying for turning visitors into customers:

1. It is of great importance to show customers the shipping information, before checkout and before them having to enter all their personal information. Research has shown that it is no. 1 reason for abandoning carts.

2. Reach out to customers with abandoned carts, as they are potential customers of yours.

• Use one of the apps available in the Shopify app store to send them browser notifications, what’s up messages or email reminders about their abandoned carts.
  • Or send them a short survey to determine the level of satisfaction with your store and the reasons for not completing their purchase. You might find out abandonment reasons that you can rapidly help with (e.g. a client worried about the return policy) and others that need your attention and action (e.g. expensive shipping and not shown until checkout).

3. Generate a potential customers email pool

• Use the psychology of free stuff. Giveaway something free for exchange of their email address. People love free stuff. Ask them to sign up for your email newsletter, so to send them for example something free along with their first order, if feasible.
  • Or add their email addresses in your emails list to send them a special offer, e.g.a discount code, for their first purchase. The pop-up format that you are currently using is a great tool. Don't forget to clearly mention your offering in the pop-up and create a sense of urgency, e.g. "sign up to our newsletter and receive a $10 coupon code UNTIL 24 of February!"

-> Here is an interesting article on how to increase email signups: https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2014/08/05/increase-email-signups.

4. Last, but not least, the Terms of your store, Return / Refund policy, Privacy Policy, Delivery times, should be easy for the customers to find.

When you have paying customers:

Don't forget to always follow-up with them, after they've placed an order. Their feedback will help you with optimizing the customer experience and thus with possibly growing your customers base. Ask them what they think about your store by sending them a post-purchase NPS customer satisfaction survey.

• Show your customers that you value their opinion and get to know your strengths and weaknesses. You can also increase your retention rates, and thus your sales, by giving the participants for example a discount code for their next purchase at the "Thank you page" of the survey.
  • Display results and comments from your satisfied customers on your website -in the form of testimonials- to showcase your happy customers and build trust with potential customers.
  • There are various apps available in the Shopify app store for surveying your customers, and we would be happy if you also tried our newly-added app, AskBeat, for emailing NPS surveys to your Shopify store customers.

Wish you all the best!

Maria

AskBeat - Easy Email NPS Surveys
Install our App: https://apps.shopify.com/askbeat-nps-feedback
View FAQ: https://askbeat.com/faq
Visit our Blog: https://askbeat.com/blog
1 Like