How can I improve my site aesthetic? :)

girluxe
1 0 0

Hello,

My website is www.girluxe.co.uk & I have launched a beauty subscription box business this month. I have got off to a great start with over 100 subscribers  in the last week alone, but I know my site looks unprofessional, which won’t be helping my conversion rate. 

Any tips???? Thank you so much in advance 

0 Likes
SJ90
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello! ☺️

I love the idea of the beauty subscription, such a nice little treat each month. I order the beauty advent calendars every year so It’s definitely something I’d sign up to. 

feedback from me would be is that I don’t think your branding is clear. Such as colours, fonts etc. The picture of the wrapping doesn’t match the vibe of your brand maybe.

Can you have a section about brands you are loving that particular month?

Maybe a section too on previous boxes and trends in the beauty market?

Client testimonials on there are great, gives the buyer confidence! 
Hope this is all ok! The very best of luck 

Johnny_pro
Trailblazer
143 9 35

Hello @girluxe I hope you are doing great?

I am Johnny, a professional shopify developer, manager and ecommerce marketer.

I have visited and reviewed your website and just as you opined, the current status of your store in unprofessional and is likely to turn off potential buyers because overall, every section of your store has to be optimized and these includes:

* Favicon
* Banner and slide
* Body
* Footer which should contain 
- contact us
- About us

- Privacy and Pilicy
- Subscription FAQ
- T&C

Admitting the fact that your store needs improvement is a good thought. Taking the next step is the best thing you would do. Get it done here.

If you find this helpful, kindly like it.
You see it as solution? Kindly Tick as solution and move forward

0 Likes

Hi @girluxe,

Congratulations on your start with over 100 followers - it’s an impressive number within just a week! I have spent time wandering around your store, and I can see all the hard work and love you have put into it. I like how the site looks simple, yet charming and alluring in turquoise color.

As there’s always room for improvement, so for recommendations, I have some comments if you are interested:

1, The Testimonials section is not intelligible. 

• As a full-width section, having big-sized and decorative font makes it hard to read at once. Try reducing the font size, use san serif font like Helvetica or Ample.

• Besides, without customers’ names, images or section heading, people can barely recognize this section as testimonial one. Try adding more information to make it trustworthy.

PageFly_0-1611803586968.png

2, Add more information in the footer. Footer can help improve a website’s overall usability, so we can make use of it by considering adding these kinds of information:

• Logo: Footers are a great place to reinforce your brand identity. You can also present it in a different way than in your header. 

• Privacy Policy: Many customers now afraid of information leaking as they purchase online. Having a privacy policy shows your store’ credibility and thus gain more customers.

• Shipping Policy: Not just what, but also how customers can buy is crucial in online purchasing. Shipping policy can show how the good is shipped, the estimated time needed or the fee for delivery.

• Refund Policy: For online purchasing, unwanted or out-of-control situations can happen. Refund policy is like insurance that protects customer’s rights in these cases. It should clearly state if refunds are accepted, the number of days allowed for refund or list of products that may be exempt from return.

• Your brand value: This section not only restates your mission but also shows the achievement you’ve gained using numbers. It helps greatly increase your store’s trustworthiness and attract more customers. 

PageFly_1-1611803662999.png

3, Product page is not well informed. You can consider adding these information:

• Type of products: Customers should know best what they are buying. People will not just buy something they are unsure about. Let they know if the products they are going to buy are already available at home of not

• Brand of products: I believe this is what make-up gurus especially care about. “Iconic brands” is not enough, you can show your store’s credibility when you state clearly if your store sells products from L’Óreal Paris, NYX or Maybelline.

• Unbox images: The box can show your store’s brand, but it is what inside the box that attracts customers. Images showing products beautifully placed inside the box can increase their interest and conversion rate for your store. A close-up look at each product is also highly effective.

PageFly_2-1611803690609.png

If you are looking for a professional template for beauty products, here is an example that you can refer to: https://pagefly.link/EjhCzeNK 

PageFly_3-1611803859610.png

Above are some of my recommendations for your store, hope you can find them helpful! You can give it a like if you find it useful or mark as the solution if it answers your question.

Hope your business is successful and gain more sales everyday!

Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2480 142 446

Hello @girluxe, I hope you are doing well! here are few suggestions:

- Add a footer menu. It includes quick links like privacy, shipping, returns & refund policy.

- Improvise the product descriptions:

• Make sure you specify every detail of the product.
  • Showcase its features and benefits.
  • Use numbering and bulleting to make it easily scannable.
  • Use keywords to optimize your descriptions.
  • Use power words that entice customers.

- Add reviews on the home page or product page. It helps in building trust with other visitors.

You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes