How can I improve my store and increase online sales? Need feedback please and thank you!

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi everyone, 

I've had my store for about 2.5 years and I've been lurking the forums for an equal amount of time.

So first I wanna say hi! My name is Morgan and I'm an artist from Miami, FL. 

I've read a lot of things on here that helped when I was getting started on Shopify so I'm thankful for this platform.

I can be long-winded so I'll get to the point:

Over 90% of my sales come from doing in-person events.

I rarely get online sales. So for almost a year now I've been asking folks to leave product reviews on my site for a little social proof. I've gotten some here and there but still not much luck with the online sales.

I wanted to know how I can increase online sales and if there's anything off-putting that makes people leave my site.

I noticed that the average bounce rate for my store is high (about 63%). I don't know if these are bots (I've been getting a lot of spam sign ups) so it would be helpful to have another human take a look at my store and let me know.

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Store: https://MorganCerese.com

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Bumping this because I would really love to hear everyone's thoughts?

0 Likes
Highlighted

You say you do most of your sales at in-person events. Have you considered trying to replicate the experience you have with customer in-person using video? You could potentially do a video series that explains more about what you do and how your customers can benefit from your products. If incorporating video, there are a lot of creative ways to promote your website. You could do guided meditations for instance - potentially matching up meditation sessions with chakras/crystals (and then promoting collections related to that chakra/crystal, etc). 

Founder || Glow Loyalty || https://www.glowloyalty.com
Founder || PayWhirl Recurring Payments || https://app.paywhirl.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1954 122 428

Hey Morgancerese,

Store optimization is the biggest tool for the increase in online sales as the way in which our site is presented in front of the visitors leaves a very deep impression in their minds. So, it's very important to take care of the small things that impact our site very deeply. Some of them are mentioned below:

1. The excess of white space on both sides looks awkward.
  2. The width of the central banner should be increased to hide the excess of white space.
  3. You should add terms and conditions and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content. 
  4. A drop down should be added to the left side for better visibility.
  5. Customer reviews should be added below the products to improve customer choice.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

Hope your store gets more and more sales in the days to come.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@Brandon_Swift wrote:

You say you do most of your sales at in-person events. Have you considered trying to replicate the experience you have with customer in-person using video? You could potentially do a video series that explains more about what you do and how your customers can benefit from your products. If incorporating video, there are a lot of creative ways to promote your website. You could do guided meditations for instance - potentially matching up meditation sessions with chakras/crystals (and then promoting collections related to that chakra/crystal, etc). 

Thank you for the idea! More video content for my social media pages was actually on my 2020 Goals list so I'll have the videos on my website as well. <3

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@neha-sparq wrote:

Hey Morgancerese,

Store optimization is the biggest tool for the increase in online sales as the way in which our site is presented in front of the visitors leaves a very deep impression in their minds. So, it's very important to take care of the small things that impact our site very deeply. Some of them are mentioned below:

1. The excess of white space on both sides looks awkward.
  2. The width of the central banner should be increased to hide the excess of white space.
  3. You should add terms and conditions and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content. 
  4. A drop down should be added to the left side for better visibility.
  5. Customer reviews should be added below the products to improve customer choice.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

Hope your store gets more and more sales in the days to come.

Neha;)

Thank you for your reply!

I just enabled wide layout so the negative space isn't as much.

I had a few questions I wanted to ask about some points.

3) I have a page in the menu called "Learn More/FAQs." Does it show up properly?

4 & 7) I didn't technically add a drop down menu but I did the free trial for Sparq. I noticed that when someone goes to search for something they'll essentially see a menu of collections and such. Do you think this would suffice?

5) I currently have customer reviews on the product page. Did you mean having the star rating show under each product when viewing them from the collection page?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1954 122 428

My pleasure! Happy to help you. The "Learn More/FAQs." section is working excellently. The star rating below each product shows that seperate reviews have been added for that particular product and there is no need to technically add a drop-down menu.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes