How can I improve my store that has yet a sale to be made

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Hi,
That's my Webshop url: aestheticstones.com
I have been working on my Webshop for 3 months, and have been learning how to use Facebook ads for quite a time too. I have now spent $60 on adds, but I only got 20 add to carts and 2 abondend checkouts, no sale yet.
I honestly tried to correct as many mistakes as possible, and I have a few things in mind that I'm not sure about which are:
1. Should the prices be lower? There are a few successful natural jewelry stores that I use as example, and I tried to keep the prices the exact same. But maybe I should begin at lower prices first?
2. Should I make a new logo? I didn't put too much thought into it, I have worked as logo designer for a while so I can make a better one but I tried to focus on more important things. I also was not 100% sure if the logo really was that bad.
3. Are the descriptions too long? I tried to explain benefits of every product as well as I can, I'm not a native English speaker so it took a while (I use grammarly though). Are they in good tone? I have a few products that I have used tabs on, where most information is collapsed so it doesn't take too much space on product page. Should I use the tabs or leave the descriptions long?
Example no tabs: https://aestheticstones.com/products/bohemian-5-layer-amethyst-natural-stone-bracelet-women
Example with tabs: https://aestheticstones.com/collections/the-autumn-spirit/products/natural-turquoise-jasper-wrap-bra...

I will really appriciate it if someone could give me some feedback!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Oh and I did lie on the "Our Story" page, I hope it's not too bad. 😧
0 Likes
Highlighted

Jewelry can be a hard sell because of tons of competitors. You pricing is fine beyond my note below. Your logo is ok but if you want to be a highend store one day, maybe worth a change.  Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I think something is wrong with your Canadian pricing as it displays million dollar price tags for each product. Oddly the USA and GBP prices look find when I use that currency

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage and feature less product. Better to show off a few pieces then have an endless scroll

3. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders|

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Jewelry Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. I wold move "Secure Checkout With" section to your footer

2. Your product description look great and don't need to change

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 4 11
  1. There are 3 Slider Images in the header - in none of them is a picture of someone actually wearing your jewelry and you could also work on the headlines, because as far as I can see there are no real benefits mentioned in them

My suggestion: swap the slider for one image/photo of someone looking like the typical target group you have in mind wearing your jewelry

2. Switch the color of your old price and the new price -> old price in black, new price in red 

3. You have great product photos, but again none of people wearing them

4. Put the logos of your payment options close to the add to cart button

Anmerkung 2019-11-03 203712.png

5. Use a price anchor - that means that you should put a higher number before the actual price as it will make it seem smaller - what you could do for that product is to lower the number of positive reviews so that it is displayed over the price 50 is bigger than 40.95 - but then you would have to do the same for every product and you don´t have enough reviews on all of them, so you could use another number like it´s weight in grams or anything else as long as it´s relevant for your product and a bigger number than your price.

6. Change the colour of all buttons that lead your visitor to the sale in the same colour, make the ones which don´t lead them to the sale less. On the product page it´s green, in the checkout it´s black - I´d go for the green colour.

7. Add the price anchor to the cart and the checkout and also add the labels of all your payment options

8. Add a progress bar to the checkout process

9. Be careful with the discount code field, from experience I can say that it probably kills conversion

10. Additional costs during checkout are conversion killer nr. 1, you only offer one rate of shipping which is the same for all countries - If possible display the chipping costs already in the cart or include them in the price and offer free shipping - you actually should run an split test to see what works best for you

There are many more issues but these are the bigger ones, so fix them and see how it works then.

Another issue could be that your store is not meeting the expectations of your ads but you´d have to post them here for me to take a look at them

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi!

First I want to say that your answer has been incredibly helpful and I appreciate you reviewing my webshop!

I am now trying to improve all of your suggestions, but I can't find any solution for adding a progress bar or anything else on my checkout page. I am already trying to find any tutorials on the internet that work but I just can't get it working. Can you help me out with this?

Other than checkout, I have adjusted all the suggestions you listed. Product pictures are from the producer of the items, and I already have all the pictures of people wearing the jewelry on my webshop. If there is no picture like that in my product gallery, it just means that there is none I can use. 

You said that there are many other mistakes, I would really appreciate it if you could list them too!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

Hi,

Get rid of that quantity counter, in the span of 30 seconds it alleges that you sold two units before my very eyes!  People resent that, because they know it's not truthful. 

The market you're in is heavily dominated by Etsy sellers.   You have a decent number of items to work with, but you need to price yourself in line with your competitors.  When I first got into leather 15+ years ago, I sold stuff for less than cost just to get cash flowing in.  A business can operate almost indefinitely without profit, but won't last very long without cash flow.  So price yourself down, get a vibe for the market, get to know your customers, listen to what they tell you and grow from that.  Maybe even test out an esty store too.  

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
I got rid of it! I thought that it would work well to create urgency. Or maybe it's better to leave it but make it change max once per minute?

You are right, etsy has a lot of market for products like mine. I saw a lot of sellers, and they would price their products a bit higher of course which can be better for me since I only dropahip and can keep the prices lower. I will definetily try setting up an etsy store, and see what will come out of it.
Thank you very much for feedback!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Hi!
Thank you very much for your feedback.
I added every suggestion you listed, besides the badges because I already got another suggestion to move them closer to the title, which I did. I am not sure what would be better, but otherwise I think that my product page would look not really trustworthy.

I would really appriciate if you could take a quick look now and tell me if that is the right result.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1007 50 150

Hey, I just now went through your store. The footer lacks your social media links. Besides that, your store looks perfect. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like visiting your store, signing up, follow or share on social media, allowing for push notifications, reviews and many more. This will entice your customers and help you to get more email subscribers, push subscribers, collect more reviews. They will come again to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points which will double the sales. This is how you can increase conversions and sales. The referral program is very helpful when it comes to good word of mouth and brand awareness. It is one of the successful marketing strategies. 

It’s good to display testimonials on the homepage and add Q&A to establish authority and influence visitors with user-generated content. Turn your customer content into sales by collecting and leveraging reviews, ratings, and Q&A. You can have a review button on the homepage which makes it easier for customers to review and go through them. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like visiting your store, signing up, follow or share on social media, allowing for push notifications, reviews and many more. This will entice your customers and help you to get more email subscribers, push subscribers, collect more reviews. They will come again to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points which will double the sales. This is how you can increase conversions and sales.

These are some of the ways to enhance the store. I suggest you to try Aitrillion on the store. It will definitely help.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes