How can I make my home page more enticing to would-be customers?

Solved
memelordmartin
Excursionist
42 0 3

https://martinsmemeshop.com/

I have 307 customer visits recorded, and I'm losing people right from the get-go. Most people see the homepage and yeet. only 43 out of those 307 scroll down or click on anything in the menu. Then, only 11 out of those 43 have even clicked on a product. I currently have google ads paused, so any traffic my store has had in the past week is non-targeted, meaning these numbers might be skewed, but there is still clearly a problem if I'm failing to keep anyone's interest this badly.

What can I fix to simply get people to look around longer, and have a better chance of converting?

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
997 134 323

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @memelordmartin,

If this was my store, I'd be on TikTok creating videos and pointing people to the store. Something like reading memes/react videos and then say "get this meme on a tshirt, link in bio." These types of videos do well on TikTok and it would ensure you are reaching your intended audience instead or just a general, untargeted ad through Google.

For a more in depth look at ads, give this a watch:

There are a few things you could do to improve the first impression of your website. The first would be to have a logo made, you can have this done fairly inexpensively from Fiverr.com. Once your logo is finished, switch up the fonts/accent colors on your website to match. Adding pops of color in your top bar, buttons and titles will help with that first look. Another thing I noticed was that your images are quite blurry:

screencapture-martinsmemeshop-collections-tank-tops-2021-01-13-11_58_56.png

Blurry images usually come down to one of these three things:

1. When you save the image, it saves as a low quality image or .jpg. Solution: .png is recommended
  2. The image is too BIG and is automatically compressed to a lower quality when uploaded. Solution: Downsize your image to the exact measurements of the space you are trying to fill and stay within the recommended file size.
  3. The image is too SMALL and gets stretched out/blurred when it tries to fit the space. Solution: use a larger image.

My last suggestion has to do with the products themselves. Now, I know the nature of a meme is to typically use a certain font and haphazardly throw it together. However, when I look at your products, the text placement is a deterrent to me. Now, this is just my personal opinion so if your audience likes it, that's all that matters but this shirt for example, even if the text was placed below the feet and centered, it would be more appealing.

meme-product.png

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

memelordmartin
Excursionist
42 0 3

Hi @EcomGeeks 

Thanks for your detailed solution. May I ask what the "Recommended file size" is? My mockup images range from 300 MB to 1100 MB in size. They are PNG's, as are the images of the designs themselves.

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
997 134 323

@memelordmartin,

No problem! Thanks for liking the post and marking it as a solution, we appreciate it!

The blurry images only happen behind your page titles:

meme-titles.png
Your theme should give you the exact recommended size but I think it's going to be close to 1920 x 300 pixels. What you would do is create a banner in that exact size (you can use Canva), that way you can place the product images correctly without them being cut off and stretched out so far. Alternatively, if you don't want to mess around with trying to create a banner, just use a free background instead. I recommend https://pixabay.com, they are all free but stock-photo quality.

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes