How can i change the store name?

ArielaStan
1 0 0

Hi, I created a shopify account a few months ago, with a different name and email address and for a few days I started business again, only this time I forgot the password to the old account and created a new one. When I created a new one, and I tried to name it Mharia, it didn't let me, because I had Mharia Stanchu on the old website, and now I just want to have Mharia.com. I want to mention that I have already paid for the domain on this name and I would like to make a website with this name. On mharia-stanchu, I already made a website, and fortunately I managed to access the old account just because I don't know how to do it. I would like to access the old website and be able to change there the name from mharia-stanchu to mharia.com and the email address. How can these things be done. Thanks

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
666 43 84

Hi, @ArielaStan.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

When you create a new account, the field labeled "Your store name" will determine your .myshopify.com URL, which is essentially your login URL. You can absolutely connect your existing domain so that customers see mharia.com on your website instead. Keep in mind that the .myshopify.com URL is permanently connected to your account, so you will always see that when you're logged into the admin. As long as you have set mharia.com as the primary domain, that's what customers will see.

If you're still unable to login, you can follow these steps to reset your password:

1. From the Shopify login page, enter your store address and click Next.
  2. Enter your login email and click Next.
  3. Click Forgot password?.
  4. Enter the email that you used to create your Shopify account.
  5. Click Reset password.
  6. You're sent an email with a link to reset your password. In the email, click Reset password.
  7. Enter your new password in the Confirm password field.
  8. Click Reset password.
  9. Go back to your Shopify login page and log in with your new password.

Once you're logged into the admin as the store owner, you can change the store owner account email. Please let me know if you're having any trouble logging in and include screenshots if an error message came up during the process. Thank you!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes