How do I change brand?

Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 0

Hellow everyone,

I currently have a Shopify store. I have jewelry in my store. I found that it's not working for me, because of Covid I would like to change as 90% of my products ship from China. I  had some bad experiences personally. I've waited 4-6 months for an order and was very upset about it.  I had a furniture store on another platform but they were not helpful setting it up or they were way to expensive to build a website for me. That being said, I want to use this plateform to start selling furniture. I am an Interior Designer i think this would work out better for me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

Hi @jacksonk617

Hyde here from Shopify.

It's always a good idea to determine what your product is, and sometimes that will take a little trial and error.

It sounds like you do not have your own physical inventory, meaning that you are possibly interested in dropshipping products instead?

Dropshipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn't keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product, it purchases the item from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer. As a result, the merchant never sees or handles the product. You can take a look at our ultimate guide to dropshipping here. It will walk you through everything you need to know about starting off, finding suppliers, and maintaining your business. Check out our Dropshipping 101 course on our Academy, as well as our Intro to Dropshipping.

I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any more questions, I'm happy to help!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 0
Hi,
I want to change brands not start a store, I have one already. I currently
have jewelry. I want to sale furniture. I paid for this store already and
don't want to pay for another one. I want to change brands.

Thanks Kim
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

Ok, so I understand that you previously had a furniture store on another platform and found that you were unsupported with running that store. I'm sorry to hear that! 
It's great to learn that you've since opened a store on the Shopify platform. I understand that you've given jewelry a try, but were not satisfied with the results. That's totally ok! It's good to experiment with different product lines. Now that you would like to return to selling furniture, can I ask where you get your furniture from? In other words, do you have a supplier with physical inventory that you will ship yourself?

There are two ways of approaching this:

A) You Could Cancel Your Store and Simply Start Again

You could start afresh by simply canceling the store you have and opening a new one. Here's how:

We cannot close a store on behalf of a merchant for security reasons, so you will need to log in to the store admin and perform the steps yourself:

> Please note: Closure is immediate, so I would strongly suggest downloading any Invoices, Inventory CSVs, or documentation you may need for future reference before following the steps below!

1. Go to `Settings > Account`
2. Scroll down to `Store Status`
3. You’ll see the option to Pause or Close your store
4. Enter your password when prompted and click `Confirm`

Once you've done that, you can start a new free 14-day trial and build your new brand from scratch!

B) You Could Keep Your Current Store And Change Product Line

You could simply change your brand by deleting the inventory you currently have and putting furniture on the current store. 

- Here is how you delete your products 

- Consider how you're going to edit your theme to reflect your brand change 

Our Themes 

How to Use Themes

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions please let me know!

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 0
Thank you Hyde. I already have a warehouse that dropships and its here in
the US. I think I might just delete all the jewelry and change the name of
my store, I just paid for another month. I'm more comfortable with
furniture, I have a BFA in Interior Design.

Thanks a lot
0 Likes