How to convert sessions into sales

2 0 0

I was wondering if someone could take a look on my store and provide some feedback. Here's a link to my website: pitlanesimracing.com. I've had nearly 1,000 sessions since opening last week but no success with conversion. Any feedback is welcome!

0 Likes

How are you getting traffic for the store right now? We have seen Google Shopping be super successful for our clients. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Looking for ways to make your collection pages more SEO friendly

2. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

3. I might remove the blog section on the homepage unless you plan to write content for the site regularly 

4. Add links to your footer for return/refund, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

5. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Pick Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

2. The longer product description make the product page feel longer then it was. Maybe use HotJar to see if people scroll to the bottom or not. Might indicate a tweak of the layout is in order

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Duane, I'm getting traffic now through FB ads. I have added the Google shopping app and I'm waiting for products to sync.

When you say carousels, are you referring to the Slides/banner or the featured collections?

I'm going to tweak the website using your suggestions. Thanks for the response.

0 Likes

Hi @pitlanesim 

Not to much wrong with the website. It might be little harder to sell a higher ticket item online. One of my clients was selling $1,000 item and he went to lots of conventions etc and did over $10k in sales from just one convention. Might be a idea to look at doing something like that in the gaming community etc. Build a connection and buzz around the products. Also could do some videos etc when at them. 

Also noticed you don't have your logo in the checkout. I'd add it in also. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

0 Likes

Yes, I do mean the slides/banner when I saw carousel. One strong image will always out perform 3 or 4 meh images. Don't forget to click "Like" for my other post if you found it helpful. Thank you.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
238 26 50

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. You've done a really outstanding job on the site so far, and I can see you've received some great feedback from the Community on how you can optimize it further. 

Seeing as you have had such in-depth and quality feedback on the store's aesthetics and user experience, I'd like to know a little more about your marketing strategy. I can see that you run FB ads, but your product is so specialized I wonder if this is an effective way of targeting your audience? Have you developed a marketing plan? Do you have marketing personas for your audience? Have you considered leveraging the ready-built audiences of influencers? 

If you're finding that there is a lot of traffic but not a lot of conversions, you should ask yourself if it's the correct traffic, based on the work you have done on your personas and marketing research. 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
435 19 51
I reviewed your website, no doubt the products are amazing. With your site, there's still a good amount of room for improvement. No matter how good your products are, but your bottom-line will not increase until and unless you reach the ears of your customers. You need to start focusing on marketing on a prior basis.

I would like to suggest that you need to increase customer engagement in your store. You can add loyalty points and referral, it increases repeat purchase and customer lifetime value with points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store. Encourage them to Share and Refer their friends to your store. It will help you to collect & display customer reviews, photos, and Q&A, to increase your trust as well as conversion rate. Give a try to Aitrillion.com. I think it will help.

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes
Astronaut
749 46 170

Hey Pit Lane Sim Racing,
If you are getting views this surely means visitors are interested to buy from your store, however they might not have found your store appealing, though it's a gem of a store still surely,but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. For engaging new customers, add a section of best-selling products.
  2. Add some social links to the footer for better connectivity.
  3. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a separate sale page for discounted products.

4. Also, You have around 33 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://pitlanesimracing.com/search?q= Don't you think if suggestions are offered to search bar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

5. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes