My store www.classycyclist.net has been open for two months now. I get a lot of traffic (1000+ a day) mostly from my FB and Instagram marketing. And here we're yet, at about 0,2 % conversion rate. What's your best guess what to do next? I'm thinking more and more products and sub-categories.
As I noted in my feedback last month, you are going to need to work on your product images. This is the biggest issue with your store. You can easily tell your site is drop ship business and that's not going to help you build trust with people and get them to buy and continue to buy in the future. If you want to improve your conversion rate and get more sales, work on your product images.
The other areas from a size guide, product descriptions and even adding other viewed/popular items at the bottom of your product page has not been implement. These are all ways you can make your store better. All these changes need to be done on each product page and for every product. Adding more product is not going to help you store is you are not getting the basics right. Consumers have a higher expectation in 2019 and you need to meet that bar.
As for traffic, even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic for your store. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.
Hi @ClassyCyclist welcome to Shopify family
I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Landing pages are another free source of the traffic to your website. These are pages specific to your offers, such as for redeeming a discount code, downloading a free guide, or starting a free trial. They contain the details users need in order to move forward and convert, and focus on one specific call to action, making it more likely to happen. Because landing pages are so specific, you can get very targeted in your messaging, increasing the traffic coming to those pages.
2. Sending out regular newsletters and promoting offers through email is a great way to stay in touch with your customers and can also help to get traffic to your website. Provide useful information and links to pages on your website where they can learn more, such as through blog posts and landing pages for particular offers.
3. With search advertising, you’re paying to show up in the top spot for relevant searches, with social media advertising you are paying to show up in relevant feeds. With both forms of advertising, you can specify the type of audience in front of which you’d like to appear, but with more psychographic data, social media offers superb targeting.
4. It’s not enough to just share content through social channels – you need to actively participate in the community by posting stuff on various social media channels.
5. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps!
Right now I can only point out things I see, but it literally could be anything and it doesn't necessarily have to be with the design of your website.
I like your website. It seems fast and I went through the purchase steps, without buying anything and it works well. However, I have a few suggestions.
The menu in the header is way too long and takes a lot of space. People aren't going to spend time to try and figure it out, but rather just give up and leave. Try having a general Shop dropdown with the different categories in it. Also, as others said, I recommend taking your own custom product images. This will make the store look less like a dropshipping store and build more trust with visitors. Another way to gain trust is to have product reviews. I know this can be hard at the beginning but you can import reviews or encourage any existing customers to leave a review with incentives.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives, not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We could look at where the traffic comes from and why.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested in working with me and getting some consultation just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.
Hi @ClassyCyclist !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
1. Your mobile speed is 19. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.
2. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
3. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
4. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
5. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
6. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
7. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
8. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
9. The items in your store are more on an expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way, letting your customers know that you care about them.
10. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Congrats on your store.
Just saw your products. They all are really awesome.
Do you know about the application named Descrii.
DESCRII comes with the dual benefits. It creates quick and valuable product description manually. I hope when you use this application you will get more traffic.
How can you use the online platform to sell?
One idea is to offer clients a free shipping.