How to increase conversion rates

Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2
Hi there. I have sales from my store but was hoping for some feedback from you lovely people to increase conversion rates. I am getting repeat customers and they loving my products. It’s just getting new customers to realize how amazing they are. If someone could look at my website and give me your honest feedback? Thank you so much for your time!!!!
Ellaiskin.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @ELLA7 ,

I just reviewed your store, it's really amazing. You need to work on few aspects to improve your store and increase your sales.

Sticky Header: You have a sticky header which is good for site. Make it smaller I can see it looks bigger in desktop view.

Show Off Trust Signals and Customer Testimonials to boost conversion: Customer testimonials and trust Signals build customers trust and help customers to feel more secure in their buying decision. 

Create a Sense of Urgency: Creating a sense of urgency helps increase sales.

Try A/B testing: Always try  A/B testing to see which version of webpage is performing better for you and where you can improve conversion.  

Product Availability: It's a good practice to show product availability information to the users to attract or please the customer.

Add Call to Action: Use good CTA it can increase conversion and sales.

Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.  

Add Social Proof: Put effort Into online reviews & social proof as Social Proof builds brand image. Make use of social media channel to reach more customers. 

Add Write a Review Section: This is a great way to win customer trust by providing them authentic reviews of the product so add ‘write a review section’ on your website and display it with the aggregate rating. 

Offers and Discounts: You can highlight Offers and Discounts beside the add to cart button. It instills trust and a feeling of safety in your customers. 

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
We can communicate via skype : oscprofessionals-87

Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
114 5 32

Hello Ella7!! 

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

Header & Footer :

Customize your header and footer with specific functionalities. Your header should offer a smart search bar where people can type in the products they’re looking for and also the header is too broad its making header non professional it should be sleek one.  Example of Good Header 

Also, create a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator and let your social links open in a new tab so your customers don’t have to leave your store to check your social media pages. Footer must be more professional and functional and your newsletter must be highlighted so people who follow can have the your brand to receive more updates. Also please add the legal policy pages for security of the store.

Home Page :

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive. Add hero banner with prompt CTA buttons that syncs well with your store theme & branding instead of two banner put one banner. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc. Below the hero banner, create categories for all your products in a slider that engages customers. Your Unique value proposition should be highlighted on your homepage. Add testimonial carousels, announcement bars, product slideshows, featured collections, display Instagram feed and make your homepage SEO friendly to increase your site traffic and conversions.  Example of Nice Home page  

Collection Page :

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer. Make sure this page has a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, product reviews of all the products in your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views,2nd image on Hover,announcement bars for highlighting promotions, events, deals and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc.  Example of Good Collection Page 

Product Page :

Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button. Example of Ideal Product Page 

I’d suggest you to try our all-in-one app, MS Complete Cart Customizer that also includes the Sticky Cart feature where your customers can easily see the total number of items in their cart right on the product page. This improves user experience as they don’t have to go back and forth from the product to the cart page and vice versa.

Cart Page :

Maybe offering gift wrapping on your cart page, allowing your customers to choose their preferred delivery date and time, include security trust badges and add notes like special delivery and packaging instructions can make them trust and love your brand way more. You can also install the all-in-one MS Complete Cart Customizer app If you want to get all these features and more in 1 app so you can easily reduce cart abandonment & improve conversions.

This page is the final step before your customers check out from your store so it should be as impressive as any other page on your store.  Example of Good Functional Cart Page

Integrations on your store :

How do you plan to monitor your site performance and track conversions? 

Simply set up and integrate Google Analytics, Facebook Conversion tracking and Google Search Console with your store and get to know who is visiting your store, their demographics, which of your Facebook page viewer converts into your buyer and your store’s ranking, impressions & clicks  on Google. 

Besides these tracking methods, make sure the following is included on your store:

1. Live Chat option must be there for retaining the buyers.
  2. There needs to be a strong color coordination among all the colors used on your store. Try to use the same or similar colors used in your logo throughout your store and in the social media business page banner or cover picture you create.
  3. Create a sense of urgency with countdown timer, ‘only 1 left’ features  and promotional banners highlighting ‘sale expiry’.
  4. Ensure your store speed is optimized. You can do this by checking your google page speed score. Minify codes that are redundant or apps that are slowing down the site speed.  Make your site mobile-friendly. Sample
  5. Sale pop must be included to creating urgency for buyers to buy the products.
  6. Optimize your user experience with easy navigation, proper spacing, alignment, font and color coordination.

Hope these suggestions are useful for you. Wish you many more sales in the future. If you have any queries, do let me know here.

Good luck!

Sudipta 
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here

Shopify Help on Demand from 19$ -  https://www.task4store.com/
150 + Shopify Small Tasks for Shopify & Shopify Plus Store

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
760 32 98

Hey @ELLA7 ,

I loved your store and the products. While scrolling on the homepage, the header menu is taking a lot of space. You need to fix it. Engage your visitors coming on your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.  

Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.

If you would like to implement all these I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Explorer
123 12 48

Hi @ELLA7 

I personally  do not trust skin care products from any brands that I am not familiar with. However, your store has quite calming and trustworthy vibe. You did great job on that. Taking into account all the other great feedbacks you have already received I will add some that i find important as well. 

-I strongly support the feedback regarding the header menu size. It is overlapping the view and totally disrupting a customer experience. 

-I honestly did not get any useful information from this banner. It seems like there are a couple of banners unintentionally layered on top of each other.  

Screenshot_24.png

-If you have higher rate of returning customers, make sure you maintain sustainable relationships with them. For  that use apps that offer Loyalty and Rewards program. 

- Reviews are of a huge importance when it comes to skin care. I highly suggest giving your customers possibility of leaving reviews. Especially if you have returning customers it means that your products are good and people will definitely leave positive reviews.  Also, you can add custom questions in your review widget, so that people can tell what skin type they have, how old are they and how they liked the product. It will give a clearer picture to newbies of your products. Custom forms can be done in Growave along with Rewards, Instagram and 8 other marketing apps in one. 

-I see that you have a fun Instagram account. Take advantage of that and display posts in a beautiful gallery on your homepage. 

I think that is it as for now, if you need additional help, feel free to ask. 

If I managed to help you, please let me know by liking this post or marking it as a solution. 

Good luck! 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Thank you thank you! I so appreciate you taking the time. I have printed this and will try to see what I can do. I am NOT tech savvy so some things aren't speaking my language haha. But will do what I can. Thank you again. So so sweet of you. Appreciate your feedback.

@oscprofessional wrote:

Hello @ELLA7 ,

I just reviewed your store, it's really amazing. You need to work on few aspects to improve your store and increase your sales.

Sticky Header: You have a sticky header which is good for site. Make it smaller I can see it looks bigger in desktop view.

Show Off Trust Signals and Customer Testimonials to boost conversion: Customer testimonials and trust Signals build customers trust and help customers to feel more secure in their buying decision. 

Create a Sense of Urgency: Creating a sense of urgency helps increase sales.

Try A/B testing: Always try  A/B testing to see which version of webpage is performing better for you and where you can improve conversion.  

Product Availability: It's a good practice to show product availability information to the users to attract or please the customer.

Add Call to Action: Use good CTA it can increase conversion and sales.

Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.  

Add Social Proof: Put effort Into online reviews & social proof as Social Proof builds brand image. Make use of social media channel to reach more customers. 

Add Write a Review Section: This is a great way to win customer trust by providing them authentic reviews of the product so add ‘write a review section’ on your website and display it with the aggregate rating. 

Offers and Discounts: You can highlight Offers and Discounts beside the add to cart button. It instills trust and a feeling of safety in your customers. 

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
We can communicate via skype : oscprofessionals-87

Thank You!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Thanks so much for your valuable feedback. Some of it I don't understand lol but am going to do my best to try to work on these suggestions. I so appreciate you taking the time to review my page. Have a great day!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi there. Well I have some work to do! Thanks so much for the suggestions. Everyone has been so helpful. I have printed your suggestions and hope to go through them and change what I can - some I don't understand hahaha I am not too tech savvy. Thanks thanks thanks!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi  Michelle, 

Here is what I think of your store and some areas to look at changing. Your store is good but there are clear areas that need improvement. 

Homepage Feedback

1. I would work with a designer to help tie your site together and have a consistent brand. Just looking at the pictures on your product page give you one brand image compared to the rest of your site. You want to make sure all images on the site have one look and feel

2. Carousels / sliders have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

3. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Skin Product Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

5. Your "Forever Free Shipping" didn't jump out at me... I think the light purple blends into the site to easily

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

2. I would work on reformatting your product description as it has different fonts, colours and text sizes right now. You want a cleaner and easier to read look for your product description.

3. As I mentioned above for your collection page, work on your product images and make them have a consistent look on your product pages too. Your product images are your biggest assets and a reason someone will or will not convert. You need to make them the star of your site.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
180 24 22

Hi, @ELLA7!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Looks like you've received a lot of great feedback on aesthetics for your site. That's great.

What you may want to look at first though are some business metrics before changing the site too much.

Each person has a different opinion of what a site should look like, but at the end of the day, the only opinion that matters most is your target customer also known as your buyer persona.

Your target customer isn't going to be every person alive. You'll need to make sure to know your buyer persona intimately and specifically.

I'd love to do a deep dive into your store metrics if you'd like, however without any details at this moment I can only offer you some generalized advice to help you increase conversions.

Checking your analytics before anything

Head on over to Analytics in your admin. Under that section, you can pick a date range to view the dashboard details. I recommend viewing the last 30 days. This gives you a great picture of recent patterns.

If you're already achieving the minimum 1000 sessions of traffic per month (or 30 days), then you can look into conversion metrics. If not, getting traffic should be the main priority and not so much the end game of obtaining tons of purchases.

Building your sales funnel requires patience, awareness and understanding your store's health (metrics).

Your store at first glance meets standard ecommerce business characteristics. This means your goal is to get as close as possible to 10% Add to Cart conversions. Not to be confused with "purchase conversions". Remember we need to build your conversion funnel one step at a time.

alt

Increasing Add to Cart conversions means converting other steps in that funnel will require fewer headaches and lower marketing budgets.

If you're not meeting that goal, there may be a serious disconnect with defining your target customer.

In this event, use this page here on Buyer Personas and this guide here on Defining your Audience.

Your site blog

I took a look at the blog and it looks amazing! You have tons of great content that you can leverage on your social media, but also in email marketing.

Blogs being posted consistently are especially useful to help your store rank on search engines.

My advice here is to make sure you're keeping on schedule with blogs, since value content

Social Media

Great job at setting up your social media profiles!

Use these profiles to create valuable content for your target customer. Social media is about engaging with your customers versus selling to them.

Customers are more inclined to buy from a brand that they can trust. Trust will develop as you add value to the brand through content and engagement.

One small thing I noticed on your Instagram is that you have a personal image on there instead of a brand logo or brand image on the profile picture section.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes