How to remove onsite search results for deleted items/products and collections?

Solved
pjangell
Tourist
4 0 1

We removed KN95 masks due to an insurance issue. However, the product is still showing up in the onsite search results which is still causing a problem with our insurance. How can I edit search.liquid to remove this product result.

If you go to our website and type "mas" into the search field the KN95 mask shows as the only result and the KN95 Collection (also deleted) also shows in right column.

Any advice on code I can add to make sure this does not appear? Does the search results typically update on their own once a product is deleted, how long does that usually take?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1054 100 152

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @pjangell.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I've taken look at your shop and it's possible that the N95 masks just required some time to be cleared from the Online store, as the N95 masks didn't appear on my end. Can you check if the N95 mask is still appearing on your end? If so, could you also try clearing your browser's cookies and caches?

Here's a screenshot of the search results from my end:

11-58-8bfla-yrhcv

I've also taken a look at your store, and I think it looks amazing - well done! Though there isn't much for me to suggest on improving, as your shop is well designed. However, I noticed that you have the "Powered by Shopify" message in your footer. Would removing the "Powered by Shopify" message be something that interests you?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

pjangell
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you for checking! It must have just taken time some time to clear out, like you said.