I’ve been open for about 2 weeks I’ve had a lot of traffic and only 1 sale and that was family I’ve paid for ads and lots of post on all social media platforms and still nothing I’ve change themes also in between i thought it looks appealing but I guess not can anyone seasoned in e-commerce offer suggestions on what can I do.....
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
Hello @Queen36, I hope you are doing good! Here are some suggestions:
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed
- Keep all the images aligned. Display all the images of the same & standard size.
- Engage your visitors coming to your site. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.
- Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Read this if you have lots of traffic and no sales
Hope this Helps!
Hi @Queen36 !
Change the theme
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
Congratulations on starting your online business! I love the stunning pink color you are using and high-fashion products in your store - they are really impressive for any queen-wannabe. You did a great job there!
Regarding to shortage of sales, the problem may lie in products not being displayed appealingly for purchase, so for recommendations, I have some comments especially for your product page if you are interested. I will use "Aye Babe Babe" Plaid Jumpsuit product page as an example.
1, No “feature callout” images are used. When customers scroll through the images, they don’t just want to know what the product is - they are looking for some special features that can impress them.
My suggestion is to use more images that emphasize the product’s special feature. A close-up at the bow on the chest showing off the model’s shoulder and cleavage, for instance, can be a great advantage, as it shows how glamorous this specific product can give the customers.
2, No images from other angles. The images on your store are mostly front view. It is understandable that the front view shows the best of the products when it comes to fashion. However, customers want themselves to look good from every angle - they will ask themselves: “If I wear this, how does my back view look? How will people see me from side view?”.
Normally if we don’t understand clearly about a product, we won’t buy it, so it’s better to include images from multiple angles so that customers can have a comprehensive view of your products.
3, Text buttons are being used as Selector for Color Variations. It seems minor and unimportant at first, but in fact it’s essential to make an impression on our customers, even if it’s unconsciously. If you have pink color, let them know how pink it is - Is it just light pink, or it’s popping color that makes them stand out in the crowd?
For this, I suggest using Color Swatches as Selector. It will make your product look lively and diverse with plenty of color available - and I know that it really is.
4, Few blocks of text and too many bullets. Without bullets, customers will feel overwhelmed, but without blocks of text, they find it’s hard to understand which states the most special feature of the products - all bullets show up alike and they will be confused on segmenting information. In either case, the product description was judged by users to be insufficient and the product was often abandoned.
I believe you should add product information both in blocks of text and bullets, so that customers can quickly skim through the product details while understanding which is the most important thing they should remember.
Above are some of my recommendations for your page, hope you can find them helpful for your store! You can give it a like if you find it useful or mark as the solution if it answers your question.
Hope your business is successful and gain more sales everyday!
This is an accepted solution.
I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.
1. The white font color on the pink background is not easily readable mainly in the main left side menu.
2. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
3. Add a form in the Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
4. It would be nice if product images could be zoomed in / enlarged
5. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
6. A FAQ would be useful!
7. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
8. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
9. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
10. Add sorting feature in collection pages for changing the order of any product listing whereby users can choose which criteria they want the products to be listed by.
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
hi thank you so much out of all my reviews I found yours more helpful and you weren’t try ing to make thing difficult to understand I need to e commerce so a lot of the suggestions have far beyond my understanding only thing is I have no product reviews yet I haven’t been selling anything to get reviews or testimonials yet