Humbly requesting feedback on my store

Solved
KayleeHughes
3 0 0

www.patchpops.com

Hi there, thanks for reading.

I am struggling with conversion on my site. I am hoping for some feedback on why this might be.

Any other feedback is also gratefully appreciated.

Thanks all!

Kaylee

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
997 133 322

Hey @KayleeHughes,

Sorry to hear you are struggling with conversions.  I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

patchpops-01.png

POP UPS
I noticed a lot of things vying for my attention upon landing. I had a newsletter pop up which I don't recommend because at this point the visitor hasn't had a chance to look at any of your products so it's too soon to ask, you also have two message icons to the right, and the Join our VIP club notice. When the person first lands we don't want to present them with several moving, bright colored things that say "do this! click this! sign up for this!" Instead you want to think, okay, what are my top three priorities for this visit? For example, it might be: 1. Make a sale 2. Get a newsletter sign up 3. Have them follow me on social media.

When you are contemplating adding these things to your website, ask yourself, does this help achieve one of these goals or does it distract from one of these goals? The next step is strategically presenting them at the right time, on the right page. 

HOMEPAGE BANNER
Your homepage banner is cut off when viewing from a desktop computer. That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

I don't recommend having text built into the photo itself because you want the text to be readable on any device size (mobile, desktop, ipad, etc.) it doesn't have the same responsive qualities as text that is outside the banner.

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

PRODUCTS
As you know, pet products can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a collar or a leash in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.  For you, your items are handmade, high quality and unique. I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

LOCAL
Your main issue is you need sales so here is what I would do if I was in your position.

I’d start local.

I’d post online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, join any handmade groups, etc. If there are online markets I would join them and definitely in person when they are up and running again.

I’d also approach local shops (perhaps veterinarian clinics) to see if they are interested in carrying a selection of your products or collaborating with you.

With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:

I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. Here is a video on how to add a free review app to your store:

Another thing you could do for marketing that would help you expand outside the local umbrella is to create videos of you making your products. You could either make them tutorials, teaching others how to make your products, which could potentially lead to a different type of income for you (a course) or you could do a voiceover and talk about something you are passionate about that will resonate with your target audience. This can be tips and tricks, something about you personally or etc.  You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.

It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get adsense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns adsense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes

Hi,

This is Puneet from unbundl. 

I gave a look to your website specially in mobile view. Here are my thoughts:

• When the popup loads, it becomes difficult to find the close button
  • Add space between first banner and the featured products
  • Add about us section. Adds trust to your website. I would say, trust factor is missing a lot from your website
  • On product page:
    • Add to cart button is very light
    • Sticky Add to Cart is a plus
    • Remove popups
    • Nothing happens after clicking on Add to cart. Add a slider cart drawer, it will help.

Even if you could improve on these points, you might be able to see increase in Add to Cart. I hope conversion also comes along

0 Likes
glenn24
Tourist
98 4 34

Hi! I took a look at your store and I noticed two things that would turn me off as a buyer. First is the logo, it is so tiny that all I see are colored dots. Second is the INSAGRAM in "SHOP OUR INSAGRAM". I assume that is Instagram. It may be a little typo but it could turn off a potential buyer in my opinion. Also if you're getting enough traffic then I highly recommend you run a product test on your site for that product. Use an app like Elevate AB Testing and run a product test where you change the price of your item. See if this improves your conversion rate and then run more tests. By AB Testing you'll be able to know what's working and what's not so you can optimize your site for more conversions. Other than that I really like your site. Great work and I hope this helps!

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @KayleeHughes,

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

I have just explored your website and I realized some plus points of your website:

• Having a favicon for your store - which makes your store look unique and professional
  • Having a Chat Box to connect with your customers

However, I would like to make some recommendations so that your store could have more traffic and the conversion rate is increased accordingly.

Per checking on PageSpeed Insights, your website score is 35 as you can see in the screenshot below. Obviously, you can check your store speed here, and improve which parts cause low page speed.

PageFly_0-1626248664913.png

These are other suggestions you can consider, let’s take a quick look!

1. Having a well-ordered header

I think all of the options from “Rope Collar and Leads” to “Fleece Coat & Jumpers” could be put together in “Collections”, standing in the navigation bar with Home, About Us, Affiliates, Blog.

PageFly_1-1626248664909.png

2. Having a sticky menu

This helps customers save their time to reach out to the menu whenever they need it

3. Featured Image

The featured image on your homepage seems to be cropped, following by a huge but redundant  white space. In this case, I think you should choose another outstanding image showing what you are selling to catch the customers’ attention from the beginning. Or else, I am afraid the bounce rate would not be low =))

PageFly_2-1626248665075.png

4. Slideshow

The slideshow is not autoplay or auto-rewind. Then, your customers might think that there is nothing more to explore. Not to mention the CTA button here can easily be overlooked due to its identical color with the background image.

PageFly_3-1626248665218.png

5. Popular Products

Why don’t we put 3 collections in 1 row? I bet it will look more professional. Please kindly bear in mind that the text is not clear to be seen with the background image. In this case, I highly recommend you move the text below each image or make it pop up as a button when hovering over the image. It would be definitely better.

PageFly_4-1626248665108.png

6. Shop our Instagram

The animation applied for this section is cool, so.. no comments at all =))

7. Others

• Having featured products displayed: The last purpose you want is that the customers purchase something from your store. So why not put the thing right on the homepage? 
  • Add “About us”: This section is the part where you can make your customers understand more your brand value
  • Add Testimonials/Trustbadge: It is of great importance because your brand trust can be enhanced
  • Add review and number of reviews to your products: You can refer to third-party app reviews such as Stamped.io, Loox, Opinew, etc. PageFly integrates well with these apps.

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to build all the options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

If you feel my answer is helpful, please LIKE it and mark it as a SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Have a great day!

PageFly

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

KayleeHughes
3 0 0

Thank you so much for this feedback - it is highly valuable! 

I have taken all your advice and made the reccomended changes. The only thing I can't seem to do is move the text on the collection images - I don't seem to have an option for this. Do you happen to know how to do this at all?

Many thanks again for the help!

Kaylee

0 Likes

Hi @KayleeHughes,

Thank you for your response.

I think the issue might result from Theme, so I think you should contact the Theme Provider to know more details.

Or, you can consider using PageFly as we could give you more flexibility in doing this. Just take a quick look at our template here. Of course, you have more than just one option - remove the text

PageFly_0-1626256078770.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

PageFly

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.