I Just started a new Shopify Store and would like as much feedback as possible please !

Elewis121
9 0 0

Hey Guys,

I just recently started a Shopify dropshipping store end of December. And working on it properly mainly 1st week of January. 

I have yet to spend money on advertising once I feel I have developed my website design. Them and structure a bit more. And worked on getting that appeal to customers. 

I want to know exactly where I may be going wrong as I have some customers coming through daily more and more. But no one adding to cart or even nearly checking out. Keep getting a few just going to contact us or privacy for some reason if it’s not the collection. 

I welcome all types of feedback please let me know so I can get the ball rolling!

oh yeah! I am aware of the important of buying a domain. So will do soon!

0 Likes
waytoapps
Trailblazer
234 21 112

Hi

Your store looks good and here are few tips which you can work on it.

Firstly, Add a Nice Logo to you store. It gives Identity and separates from the Competition.

There are no Reviews on few of your products. I suggest to add customer reviews to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions'  before checkout .As it makes easy for the customers to read your terms and policies.

Products Image quality can be improved further .

If you have any hand made products in your store Consider to sell on Etsy platform. There are Etsy Integration apps in the shopify app store .

Thanks

ShopList 

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Elewis121
9 0 0

Hey,

Firstly want to say thank you so much for taking time to help out. 

the logo is definitely on the list for sorting that out. Going to start today!

in terms of the reviews for the products. I’m struggling to find out how to do that. Because with the theme I’m using there does not seem to be an option for that. Is it the plan I’m subscribed too? Or am I just looking in the wrong places ?

and for the picture quality and terms and conditions. Will definitely work on that. Thanks !

0 Likes
waytoapps
Trailblazer
234 21 112

Hi,

For reviews, there are some shopify apps which can work for most of the themes. Please have a look into below link.

https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=reviews 

Thanks,

ShopList

Thanks,
Waytoapps
0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
936 106 165

Hi @Elewis121,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Congratulations on getting started on your store!

You've done a great job but there's plenty you might want to look at and most of it is listed here.

For example, you could certainly afford to build up your "About Us" page a bit more, give your customers more of a story and a sense of why you're passionate about your product. Check out some great examples of About pages here:

When I was on your store I noticed you didn't have your favicon set up. This is a really cool feature and it makes the page look a lot more trustworthy and professional. The favicon is the little logo you see in the tabs on your browser.

Monosnap_2018-05-21_14-12-43

You can add your own logo to your store in the theme editor by going to Theme settings > Favicon here:

Monosnap_2018-05-21_14-13-49

Also, do you have a Content Strategy for your store? Remember you need to do more than try to sell products. You are also a curator of content. So you need to look at your content marketing, and there's more about that here. There's more to read on the subject here too. 

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Elewis121
9 0 0
Hi Hyde,

Thanks for your reply. Thank you so much for your feedback ! I really believe in this niche.

But before I buy a domain I wanted to ask. Is it too late to change my name to caterforfitness on my account instead. Or can I still change it?

Will follow your suggestions and give it a try thanks so much.

Regards,

Eugene
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3738 214 663

Hello @Elewis121, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions that you can work on:

Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- You should have a wide range of products. Internet shoppers will likely spend more time and more money on your online store if you have a wide variety of products to offer. If you only have a limited range of offerings, you might miss out on making sales.

- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
936 106 165

When you open an account with Shopify, the myshopify.com URL you start with is your unique identifier and cannot be changed. As you rightly pointed out, however, you can totally buy a domain to display to your visitors instead of that URL. There's more on that here for you to read up on! -Hyde 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes