I Pay only $.0004 per landing page view and get 2k views a day with no sales!

Highlighted
2 0 1

My ads must be good, Right? My website seems professional and the ads are attracting thousands of customers, why aren't I converting sales? sudsyglove.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
97 20 64

Hi SudsyGlove!

First of all, it looks like you have a great start to your store. I like the branding colors, and it has a nice feel to it.

A few initial things stuck out to me:

Contact & Support

You need to offer live chat support. I see your contact form (which needs to have your email address linked), and a one-hour turnaround time is pretty good. That being said, it’s not fast enough. Add a live chat to keep someone on your site while you answer their questions. 

Look at Customer Behavior
Do you know how your customers are using your website? Should you move your Contact page, About page and FAQ to the footer, or do visitors click on them? Since your product has so many uses, should you instead separate it out by function rather than have one product link?

These are the sort of questions I have when I look at your homepage and product pages. Heatmaps would be a huge benefit for you here. They show you where people are clicking, how they scroll and where they move. You could easily see your visitors aren’t as interested in some links or aren’t scrolling through.

For customers who add a product to their carts but don’t check out, what do they do? This is where session recordings would really come into play. You could watch what happened during their session to narrow in and pain points and roadblocks. 

What’s Missing?
As I click around, I notice a few things missing from your store:

• Showcase those reviews - Right now, I can only see that your gloves have 24 five-star reviews. I can’t read them though. I can’t see what my fellow shoppers said. 
  • Currency conversion for your international buyers - If you can automatically adjust to someone’s location and currency, it’s even better. 
  • Shipping information - Don’t make your shoppers figure it out in the checkout process. I see you have free shipping for purchases over $15. Let’s say I add a $9 glove to my cart. If I knew that shipping was $10, I would probably add a second glove to the cart just to get that free shipping. Again, get shipping information in front to your shoppers.  
  • Videos of your product in action - What’s your advice for using it? How do you clean it? How to dry it? Should you get one for your kitchen and your bathroom? What if the gloves are too big or too small? Is there a size chart? Answer common questions and demonstrate how it works. 
  • Social media links in the footer - Give shoppers a way to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc. 
  • More information about your gloves - Use a heatmap to see what details interest your visitors the most and rearrange the page accordingly. As I was reading your description, I saw this buried in the text: “can last up to 5,000 washes in the dishwasher.” That seemed like a huge draw to me, and the fact it was buried in the text was shocking. See if that’s something visitors want to read, and move it higher on the page. 

Now that you have your website heading the right way, look at your audience. Using session recordings and/or heatmaps, you can look at data for just your ad campaign traffic to see what they are doing.

Are they spending 2 minutes browsing and then leaving?
Are they bouncing within the first 5 seconds without clicking on anything?
Do you have a higher bounce rate for your ads when someone is on mobile?

If you’re running multiple ad campaigns, how do your Facebook ads compare to CPC ads? 

You can then use that information to help evaluate whether your ads are reaching the right audience.Maybe you’re attracting the wrong audience altogether! 

Really, visitor behavior is going to be your answer here. It’s going to be able to drive changes to your website that are based on what your customers want. You can even ask them in a poll if there was anything stopping them from checking out today. There’s so much you can do! Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

Good luck, SudsyGlove! You have a great product here and what will be an amazing store. Be sure to update us with how you’re doing! Here’s some more advice from Shopify on what to do if you’re driving traffic but aren’t getting sales.

Cheers -
Danny

Was my answer helpful? If so, please consider liking my post and marking it a solution. I appreciate it!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
83 4 28

Love this.  

I think you'd benefit a lot from taking a look at how other single product retailers have had success.  Take a read through the case studies here to see how different brands went about building traffic that drove sales for their products:
https://www.websitebuilderexpert.com/building-online-stores/e-commerce-examples-case-studies/

Hope this is great inspiration for your store!

Tired of having high traffic but no sales?
Learn how to increase your conversion rate with this Step by Step Guide
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1738 110 378

Hey Sudsy Glove,

There is a very little gap between attracting traffic and receiving sales on your ecommerce store once, your ecommerce store lags certain important essentials. Here are some of them mentioned below for your store as well:

1. Instead of just writing "Free Shipping today only" on the yellow header template, include something catchy like "Last Chance! Free shipping on all orders ends today" OR "Ends today! Free shipping on all products" to attract better customer insight.
  2. The "search landing page" is disabled in your case ie it does not redirect to "/search" when the "enter key" is pressed while placing the cursor on the search bar.
  3. There is a lot of "white empty space" on the header top. To remove it, Shift the "logo alongwith the header menu" slightly "upwards".
  4. Make the header menu font color "black" for better visibility.
  5. "Login account" can increase customer retention and the number of visits as well. Hence, they are very much essential for better ecommerce purposes.
  6. Add "Shoppay" to the payment methods to provide alternate payment options to customers.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  8. Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  9. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hoping that luck favors you with a lot of sales and conversions.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes