I Would Appreciate All Feedback

ametress
Tourist
22 0 0

Hello to all

I would appreciate it if someone would take a look at my site www.casualstylz.com and tell me if I am going in the right direction with flow and design. If not what can I do to make it better.

Please take into consideration that I am still working on it so it is not finished yet I am still working on it. Hopefully the advice given will help me make the site better and get it finished.

I don't have a navigation menu yet and there's more to be done with images and their sizes. And more that needs to be fixed.

Thanks in advance for your time and input

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2449 142 443

Hello @ametress, I hope you are doing well! Congrats on the new store. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add a sticky header. Make your store easy to navigate.

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

Setup Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.

- Don't forget to add reviews in the store. While online shopping, 90% of people go through the reviews before making a purchase. 

- Add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.

You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- Add a newsletter signup popup with a discount code. Give loyalty points on a signup. It will help to increase the number of email subscribers so you can target customers accordingly by running email campaigns.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
ametress
Tourist
22 0 0

Thank you for your insight, I really appreciate it. I will take your suggestions into consideration.

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
386 47 69

Hey there, @ametress!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to the Community, and thanks for posting! I took a look at your shop and it's looking good so far! I'd be happy to offer some of my own suggestions to how you can improve before you start marketing to the public.

Images & Navigation

I understand you're already aware of a couple of things that need some work on so I'll only touch on them briefly. Your slideshow images do need resizing as they are quite blurry. If you're using one of our Shopify free themes you'll probably find the best size for slideshow images in our Help Center Theme guides - for example, you can find the Debut theme slideshow image size recommendations here. As for your navigation - that is a crucial part to have set up as visitors will have a hard time browsing through your shop otherwise. For example, once I'm on your Contact page I don't have any direct links to look at any of your products. I would have to first click your logo in the top left corner to arrive at your Home page, which many shoppers won't know to do intuitively. You want to make your online store as accessible as possible.

Text visibility & Logo branding

Speaking of accessibility, you may want to consider choosing a different font for your text as it could be potentially difficult for certain visitors, especially persons with visual impairments. You can learn more about text accessibility here. Your Contact page should also include more contact information, such as an address and/or phone number. This will help to build trust in your brand. There are many ways to increase trust in your brand - and it's important to build a brand that people will recognize. At this time, it doesn't appear to be the case that you have a logo - do you already have one in the works? If not, you can either take advantage of our free logo generator, Hatchful, or use one of the recommended ones mentioned in this blog post.

Product pages

Your product pages are coming along nicely! I like that the majority of your product images are uniform in featuring a white background, which also helps build trust in your brand. Have you considered taking your own product photography? This serves to increase trust in your brand as users can reverse image search a product to locate the origin of the photo, potentially leading them directly to your supplier. Additionally, purchasing your own products to ensure the quality of product and overall service before selling will prove to be in your benefit in the long run. One last thing I will note in your product pages is that your product descriptions could offer a little more information than a simple list of features. Check out this guide for more tips on how you can improve your product descriptions!

Social proof

I was pleased to see that you had included social media icons in the footer menu of your shop; however, upon further investigation, it appears that your Instagram link and Facebook link both lead to pages not found. Your Twitter link on the other hand links to an account with a different name (Je Ne Sais Quoi Shop) than your store's current name (CASUAL STYLZ) and domain. I recommend creating Facebook and Instagram business pages, updating all your social media icons, and integrating your accounts through the Facebook channel to start selling through those platforms.

About page

The final thing I would recommend is creating an About Us page. This is important because it is your real opportunity to convince the shopper why they should buy from your rather than another store. Here you can explain who you are, why you are (the problem or market gap your customers are experiencing), what you sell (your solution to the problem), and what your mission is. One should also be able to tell from this page who your target market is.

Marketing

Have you developed a marketing plan and identified who your target market is? Where does your target market spend most of their time, and how will you reach this audience? If you're not too sure, creating a buyer persona will help with envisioning who your ideal customer is and how you can specifically narrow down your marketing to target them through both organic marketing or paid advertising.

I hope this helps get you started! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ametress
Tourist
22 0 0

Thank you for your honest and kind suggestions, I really appreciate it. I will take all points and use them to improve.

To answer your question about the logo, I do have a logo, but when I place it, I end up with a huge chunk of white space, so I just used the words/simple text instead.

I am fixing the social media icons now I changed store names and hadn't got around to the social media icons because I'd forgotten about them.

I have started moving things around etc. So my site is now password protected but maybe you can give another look when I am done correcting things.. 

Again thank you Ryder.

0 Likes