I added a "Shop by Collection" tab. What do you think?

Highlighted
3 0 1

Hey guys! 

I just found this "Feedback On My Store" page on Shopify and figured I'd ask for you all's feedback

Previously, I had several tabs on my home page; Shop Accessories, Shop by Sign, Shop Other Cute Stuff, Shop Candles and 2020 be like. I ended up removing, Shop Accessories, Shop Other Cute Stuff and Shop Candles and created a Shop by Collection tab and then added sub-categories in that page. I now have 17 filtered categories and to me, it seems a lot more organized and easy to view. Here's the site: www.femmezodiac.com 

Let me know what you guys think! 

Thanks a lot

Jeni

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
185 29 112

Hi @FZjeni!  

Quick question: How did you decide what to remove? Are you doing A/B testing on the changes, or are you basing it off of visitor feedback?

Before we dive into your requested feedback, I have a suggestion: start using visitor behavior to see heatmaps (of where people click) and session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit) to see what needed to be changed. When you use visitor behavior to decide what to remove or what to change, it’ll give a better scope of what works (or not) and why.

Anyway, I do like the simplified tabs on the homepage. It’s very clean, and I like that.

A few thoughts: 

• Is “Shop By Collection” specific enough for visitors? Look at your heatmaps to see if your visitors are clicking on it or if they are jumping to your hamburger menu? Or are they scrolling down? Or do they just leave? 
  • I love the sub-categories once you go into Shop By Collection though. It’s fantastic! 
  • Watch how your hero image changes how things like your logo, CTA and text display. When it’s on “Shop By Collection,” it’s fine. Your logo is lost and the CTAs don’t stand out for hero images for the other two collections.

Overall, keep on the visitor behavior to see if they respond the way you want/think they’ll respond.

Also, I can’t leave without mentioning two things:

• Your banner isn’t linked and doesn’t show on all of your pages! You could be losing sales that way as well.
  • I like your font, but the black box with the rotating horoscopes has too much of the font. As a result, the text is really, really hard to read. 

I hope this helps, Jeni! You really have a great store here, and visitor behavior will help you make those changes that work and see why they worked. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start US $10/month.

Good luck!

Cheers -
Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Jeni

Great product but your product page is going to need some work if you want to drive more sales.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

3. I would redesign the layout of your product page as it's disorganized right now. I would make sure you have Product Title, Costs, Size/Colour Selection, Add To Cart button and then Product Description as the order of your product page information. Anything else needs to be put somewhere else on the product page...the above layout is what people expect

4. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

5. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. You can also accept this post as a "Accepted Solutions" if you found it extra helpful! Good luck.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes