I am getting lots of sales traffic but no orders

Solved
Scandalous
Tourist
3 0 1

My store is www.scandalous-boutique.com i sell Ladies Lingerie, I have been up and running now since 16th November and only had 1 order, a few customers have added items to cart but they have never got to checkout, i have had around 1600 visitors on my store from advertising through Facebook, Instagram & Google ads but i am now feeling a little disheartened so any feedback would be useful and helpful, i am clearly doing something wrong, i have stopped all advertising until i can get some help.

Kind Regards

Sarah

CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
125 11 51

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @Scandalous 

If you are worried about not having your traffic converting to sales, then I would say, just hang in there. This process takes a lot of time and millions of Shopify owners are facing the same problem. You can look at some pro tips right here on how to boost sales: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another thing about traffic is that: you need at be attracting the right audience. If your products cater to, say, females under 40, but the people visiting your site are all males over 50, it generates traffic, but it is not likely to give you any sales. A quick tip is to visit google trends and check which people, what age and what location are looking for your products and place targeted ads accordingly. 

Now, for some feedback on your shop: 

Logo: 

Firstly, you need a good logo for your store, which will make it easier for people to remember you. Try to make a design on your own, or you may use a third party for this. 

Banner: 

make your pictures come automatically in a slide show. It will attract more attention and make people want to click your CTA button, if the pictures are in slideshow

Chatbot: 

Try having a chatbot to answer usual questions as well as gain useful customer insight. 

Sticky header: 

Make your headers stick so that they stay even when the user scrolls down. It will help with navigation and make your site more userfriendly. 

Also add the best sellers to your tabs, so that you can show them better at a different page. 

Newsletter:

Have a popup to sign up for the newsletter, as it is too down below, where people may miss it.

Finally, for the customers who have gone up to cart, but not purchased, you can send them emails to let them know of your discounts and other offers, to bring them back. 

Please reach out in case of any questions, and the very best of luck to you!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz

Hi @Scandalous 

I totally agree with what @CutOutWiz tells you about checking your ads including the copy and the target audience.

Also, as most customers stopped at the cart page, we should look into it. Below might the be problem with your cart page:

- The above-the-fold area doesn't contain the Checkout button, which is the most important element of the cart page, while many areas have a huge spacing. You can reduce them to make the content go up, at least they can see the final price.

PageFly_0-1608002309889.png

- Too many buttons here: It can be very confusing for your customers to choose a button to click.

'Update cart' button basically make the cart page reloading => remove it

'Shop Pay' and 'G Pay' buttons are equally important with 'Check out' page, which is a good UI, you need to choose 1 button and make it outstanding. Don't make the shoppers think, just give them 1 option => Remove 'Shop Pay' and 'G Pay' button, they are available in Checkout page anyway.

PageFly_1-1608002483733.png

Also, I have a few suggestion with your product page:

- Include the model size and a size chart or size guide in the product page: Though you have the size guide in the home page and from the footer, it's still better if you have on the product page too, so the customers don't need to open both Home page and product page to choose for themselves or they have to go to the bottom to learn that there're size guides

- Use bullet points and text block for product description for easier skimming

PageFly_2-1608003324705.png

About home page:

- Since you have a lot of product category: I'd suggest you display a few more collections rather than just showing the Best seller.  A glance over the homepage should indicate the store’s product diversity. If they think you don't have the product they want, they look elsewhere without trying to browse more.

- The menu: Rather than just say Catalog, you can add the collection names like: Babydoll & Chemise, Bridal, etc

PageFly_3-1608003708896.png

I hope those ideas can be useful for you. If they are, please give me a 'like' 

Thank you in advance and I wish you the best of luck!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.
- Learn How To Build A Successful eCommerce Subscription Business In This A-Z Free Course
- Inspiring example: PageFly builds a complete Shopify landing page base on Nike.com
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Youtube | PageFly Community | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2723 155 507

Hello @Scandalous, I hope you are doing well! Here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- Create a drop-down menu in the catalog option of the header menu.

- Add a call to action button on the banner image.

- Display collection on the homepage.

- Add testimonials or reviews on the homepage, product page.

- Add multiple images of the product on the product page.

- You need to make your store engaging & interactive to capture visitors & convert them into paying customers. Engage your visitors coming on your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. To implement these tools in your store you can install all in one Shopify app AiTrillion.

Also, learn more if you have lots of traffic and low sales

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

Dear Sarah,

Congratulations for your store!

Hope the following suggestions will help you:

• Add favicon
  • Add CTA at Hero banners
  • Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust
  • Check your social profiles (facebook and Instagram) , seems links are not properly given, so showing 404 error

sociallink.png

• Add silo structure menu at header
  • Improve your footer and header
  • Add Trust Badge : All the Faqs,Highlight return policy , customer support , testimonial etc 
  • Highlight your USP
  • Featured Collection - Add all the top featured products on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling on your store.
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page
  • Product page layout needs to improve

Example:

productpage1.pngprodutpage2.png

• Do Proper integration of Google Analytics, Facebook store, instagram store, google search console
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc.
  • Add business blog section
Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
Scandalous
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you for your feedback, i will alter me website and include your suggestions

Thanks

Sarah

0 Likes
Scandalous
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks for your feedback i will alter and include your suggestions

Thanks

Sarah

0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
418 9 69

Hello @Scandalous (Ms Sarah)

I am Vinod from Bombay India. Providing website design and development, google ads, bing ads, conversion rate optimization and email marketing services to clients across the globe.

Don't be disheartened. PAUSE ALL your paid campaigns till you work on below.

Below is my feedback

I would first suggest add a good logo. The name of the store is good. Site is perfect too.

Menu really needs to be tweaked.

Home page there is a section ( How to measure your Bra size ) is it possible to add a slider image for each point. As this is the most important part of this Lingerie business. I have done marketing of this business via digital channels it has the potential to grow big.

Home page the image of Cervical Cancer Awareness Week  can you make it without a white background the blue ribbon i mean

On home page add insta gallery of your store / account in insta (https://scandalous-boutique.com/)

Home page add collections.

On product details pages add the material from which the Lingerie is made (for all products) this is really important.

Try to add the product details in the form of points

Try to add wash care instructions and are the products pre-shrunk ? (if the product is made from cotton)

Remove sharing buttons on product details page.

Add sizes for all products on all product details pages.

Add to cart is not working correctly.

Buy now button not working correctly.

How many days is exactly shipping ? Do you have the stock or you are drop shipping from Local UK vendor ? Is the product delivered in 5 days in UK?

Coming back to marketing are you doing correct targeting ? Is your google account and ads setup done correctly ?

I would love to grow your business online via digital channels. Let me know you can email me on vinod@digitalcentrics.com or vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com

Thank you.

vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
TaurianBelle
Excursionist
12 0 2

DO you realize that the more you attached your store to all different kinds of Social Media and pay ads; Google, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest the more they have control of your store?.. once you installed the "meta tags" in your index, they can practically see everything; analytics, movements of your customers ie; search terms, keywords that customers use to find your store, interest etc..then they turn around and use that same information and make you bid higher to your own keywords and search terms, if you don't they sell them to the next bidder. genius right.

0 Likes