I am having problems

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hello, 

I started shopify at the first of September of 2018. i started out as selling everything such as a general store but at that time i didn't have enough experience so i had everything all over the place and with that i had zero sales for like 3 weeks and this is when i decided to change thing up a little so i read online that it is good to focus on one thing instead of selling a lot of things. so what i did was i changed the name of the website and i started selling only watches for men and women and some jewerly on the side. after i had like one sale for a while so again i switched up everything and i started selling everything again but with more care and breaken down categories. and this is what i have till now. in october i had a lot of visitors but only 2 sales out of 580 visitors. keep in mind i am running facebook ads, instagram ads, google ads, selling on buzzfeed channel, ebay channel, 5 miles, offerup, letgo, i am trying to sell everywhere but still no luck. i have paid around $250 on the ads, and some of my ads i would see visitors on my website but they leave like after a minuted and again with zero sales. i posted a feed back about my store before and couple people told me to fill up my home page and add some categories such as new arrivals, best sellers, etc and i did so i also had some comments on my store logo which i changed like 6 times till i got the right one. so if someone can please tell me what am i doing wrong or what is wrong with my store because i am very close to giving up seems like nothing is working i have tried everything possible and still no luck.

This is the website please feel free to check it out and let me know with an honest review.

www.lowcosttrends.com

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
106 0 19

Hey congratulations on opening such a great store, honestly I like it a lot, but I think there might be a couple things you could consider changing.

You might consider adding a favicon. A favicon makes it easier for your customer to look through a list of bookmarks and find your site

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

Another thing you might want to add is an always visible buy button. Every extra step that a customer has to go through, makes it more likely for them not to buy from you. If you are getting a lot of customers coming to your store, but not buying, one of the reasons might be that it is just a bit too hard. If you can make your buy button always visible (especially important when people are on their phones), it can help more of your customers want to buy from you, I wrote an app that can help with that https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales .

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1059 50 316

Hi there,

Your website looks great and you are making a lot of effort to make this business successful. I agree that narrowing a niche can be a better strategy - even from the perspective of targeting one audience, your marketing budget can be lower. There's nothing majorly wrong with your website, that can affect your sales. The only problem, as with many other dropshipping stores, is that your product can be found in 100s of other places - on FB, Instagram, Buzzfeed etc. Customers feel like they are being bombarded with the stuff from AliExpress, so online shops have to work really hard to stand out from the crowd.

What can really help you, if you want to stick to dropshipping, is to have a strong branding - think Adidas amongst trainers, or Subway amongst fast food chains. There are plenty of sportswear brands and fast food chains, but the ones with strong branding always will have dedicated fans and regular customers. 

Think of what you can offer for your customers that other dropshipping stores don't [not in terms of lower price, free shipping, or discounts], but something people really want. Why do people want to buy jewelry? Think of what do your target customers need, what kind of info they are looking for, what kind of problem you are solving, and then communicate it in your store. That's the best way to stand out amongst competition in a busy marketplace.

Let me know if you need help building your brand, as I offer free weekly webinars for Shopify store owners.

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 60

Hi, there.

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

I totally understand feeling a bit overwhelmed on how to best approach starting a successful store and narrowing down selections when there are so many suppliers available. I think Maggie and Mark had some awesome feedback to give about your shop and plan so far! 

We all agree a narrow niche to start is a good approach for clarity, marketing and branding, but do you know what your brand is? Who your ideal customers are? Having some more concrete frameworks to guide you might really help you move forward. Knowing who you are helps customers better align with your voice and products offered.

Bringing traffic to your site is great, but encouraging potential customers to view your shop is definitely more rewarding. Cultivating more organic traffic is also a great strategy that was mentioned. I think some of these resources might help you with that;

I'd also consider reviewing your pricing approach. Does the "Save" icon appearing on all products help entice customers to buy, or does it cheapen the items? 

Pricing is a really important part of running a business like this. I'd suggest reading this article - 9 Strategies for Profitably Pricing Your Retail Products for some more info on how you could strategize this and the reasons behind why or why not.

Let us know if you try any of the above resources, or if you have some further questions. Best of luck with your shop!

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes